A few tips when ESF crashes and can't load again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's now a couple of times that I've had trouble with ESF crashing upon entering.
I know of one reason for this happening. When OpenGL isn't supported, and is the default video mode in the game, ESF can't load, and neither can Half-Life. I've just recently experienced this, and believe me it isn't pretty. So every time you leave esf, to prevent this happening, switch your video mode to either Software mode, or Direct3D mode. It's better to put it into Software mode, because it requires no drivers at all. That way, you can run ESF even if all your drivers are deleted due to an error or virus infection. Now remember this: Never get rid of the WON version of ESF! Why you ask? Because WON can start even if it's set in a video mode that your computer doesn't support. This way, you can find out if this is really the problem, or is it something else that is causing it to crash. Trust me, it will help. I want to help people that experienced or may experience in the future the problem that I have. This is NOT spam. This is a helpful thread that some may think is "stating the obvious", but not everyone knows that. So don't flame, I just want to help.

P.S. Could a mod or admin turn this into a sticky or something?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They will only turn it into a sticky if they feel it's useful. You only cover the renderer mode problems and nothing else, though it is good, just not very informative on other ESF crashing problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh well, I tried. Once I experience more problems, and I think I will, I'll post the solutions to them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom