A few ideas...

Best answers
Hey again, a friend of mine and I have thought of a few ideas for esf. Maybe some of them sound like dreaming wishes :D.

Kame Torpedos: we thought of changing the way the player can use them, or rather improving it. Okay, so to start with, the player charges up 2-3 torpedos at maximum somewhere he likes. Then we locks on to a other player with the secondary attack button. Now he can change the attack, for example, to melee, w/o the torpedos starting to shoot up to the sky. The player now can fight a melee battle against an other player and try to push him to a closer distance to the Kame Torpedos. Then the player changes the attack again to the Torpedos and press die primary attack button and the torpedos attack the opponent they were locked onto.

Teleportation: For me, when I use the teleport, sometimes I just loose the overview to where Im and where the opponent is right now. So we came up with the idea that the teleporation should be very very fast but not instantaneous. So if the player uses it the model fades away, leaves the after image, but travels the desired instance in real time but only at a very fast speed and of course it still cannot be seen by others.

Block struggle: We've noticed that the player looses the control of the beam if it is blooked even during that process. Maybe thats why it is so easy to just swap away a kamehameha of an 10 million guy with an 2 million character. So the "idea" is it to re-add the possibility to push the beam yourself further into the opponent. If ur alot stronger, then the other player wont have a chance.

Scouter: Personally we liked it way more to have the character information directly on the scounter. Now they somehow confuse things and are hard to read in an melee fight. We understand that the team maybe did it because this way its easier to detect the opponent. But this could also be accomplished by using a lock on, like we can use for the generic beams and balls.

Gohans last transformation: Maybe a little too much work, but perhaps its possibly with the help of the community (like the new C16 contest) and needed to balance the game further (?). His last tranformation would be of course the Mystic Form, but it would look stupid with him as kid, so we would need a have teen gohan model somehow:D.

Vegetas new attack: Maybe you rememberd as Goku fought against Vegeta while Vegeta was controlled by Babidi. He then used some sort of ring attack to seal away Gokus movements for a few seconds. Vegeta could gain this attack at his last tranformation level.

Minor not, but the side diving swoop animation of frieza looks confusing because he turns too much around.

Piccolos transformations: Just change his aura colour or add him a few more muscles. Okay, the last one might be a lot of work, but just one transformation is hardly enough.

Reduced Final Flash size, because the beam now is as double as big as Vegeta and one cannot really see whats going on. Plus it laaaaags.;)

Double jump: simple, if u jump into the air and press jump again u jump into the desired direction. We understand that this would conflict with the idea of double tapping swoop like it was in 1.2 and still is in 1.3. But it would support the idea of actually fighting at the ground and thus would bring more sense to good level design because as of now no one really needs others than a level that is just a hollow block.

Solarflame attack should not blend for like 10 seconds, thats way too long.

From Bid For Power some of you may know the air pushing attack that Goku can do. Of course in BfP it is way too overpowerd. It could just be used as a defensive technique to throw away an opponent, if u have to charge up ur ki or something, but do not actually hurt the opponent. Should have a cool down phase, too.

New ki Ball button: Dunno if there is already a future plan for the secondary mouse button for melee, but if there isnt it could feature the normal Ki Ball attack. It would make the fights alot more interesting and faster. Also fewer slots have to be used cuz then the normal ki balls would be included in the melee slot attack. Maybe there should be a slower pace to prevent them from spawming or something like that.

Greets, hope for an open discussion and a few more ideas form you

Last edited:
Best answers
Just say if u dont like them, or give constructiv critism, first priority is here for us (the community) to show the team there are ppl thinking about their projekt and trying to help them.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About number 3, I think thats going to be changed already not sure.

4 - Sorry I dont agree i think its perfect the way it is, this way i can check my enemy's PL and not get distracted.

5- Mystic Gohan is a gohan that does not transform at all, how could he be a last transformation?

6- How exactly would it work ingame?

7- I like the animation but of course there can allways be a more perfect one like everything in life :p

8 - I agree, taking away the fact that picollo is my favorite char, i think he is the less worked model so far, as for the aura colour, white is his colour in the series as I remember.

9 - I think the balance is the priority in that beam, what i mean is, the bigger the beam is the more dstructive it is and the more HP you take away from your enemy. But yes i also agree with that.

10 - nice idea :D

11- How long you think it should take? Dont forget that this attack takes away almost all of the KI, wich means that if it fails the dude is going down.

12 - I agree, I would prefeer that feature to the one that is in right know - when you press block when charging.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Kame Torpedos: we thought of changing the way the player can use them, or rather improving it. Okay, so to start with, the player charges up 2-3 torpedos at maximum somewhere he likes. Then we locks on to a other player with the secondary attack button. Now he can change the attack, for example, to melee, w/o the torpedos starting to shoot up to the sky. The player now can fight a melee battle against an other player and try to push him to a closer distance to the Kame Torpedos. Then the player changes the attack again to the Torpedos and press die primary attack button and the torpedos attack the opponent they were locked onto.
I'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean, but if I understand correctly, you want to push your opponent with basic melee towards the KameTorpedos that are flying up the sky?

So, basicly, this idea pre-sumes a feature that would include charging the KameTorpedos, having them on hold when you are fighting others and firing them at will?
Isn't that already in ESF? If it's not, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be added.

Teleportation: For me, when I use the teleport, sometimes I just loose the overview to where Im and where the opponent is right now. So we came up with the idea that the teleporation should be very very fast but not instantaneous. So if the player uses it the model fades away, leaves the after image, but travels the desired instance in real time but only at a very fast speed and of course it still cannot be seen by others.
That idea would seem awfully cool and smooth to many people, but you can't combine that with ESF. Earth's Special Forces gameplay system was designed on fast battle menouvers. To change the teleportation system so drasticly like that, wouldn't only bring confusion to new comers or even intermediate players, but it would also change the corse of the gameplay too drasticly, resulting in having to re - design ESF gameplay system entirely all over again, which I doubt the team is willing to do.

So it's a no for me, the feature just wouldn't fit ESF in perticular.

Block struggle: We've noticed that the player looses the control of the beam if it is blooked even during that process. Maybe thats why it is so easy to just swap away a kamehameha of an 10 million guy with an 2 million character. So the "idea" is it to re-add the possibility to push the beam yourself further into the opponent. If ur alot stronger, then the other player wont have a chance.
I'm sorry, but it seems I do not understand well and am missing a point.

Scouter: Personally we liked it way more to have the character information directly on the scounter. Now they somehow confuse things and are hard to read in an melee fight. We understand that the team maybe did it because this way its easier to detect the opponent. But this could also be accomplished by using a lock on, like we can use for the generic beams and balls.
Although this feature brought some fun in 1.2, I think it's not needed anymore in Open Beta. Infact, even though it is not needed, I still think they will re - add it, once they finished tweaking other stuff.
If you ask me, it's pointless having someones information showing up on radar, exactly at the time when you point your crusor directly at your opponent, and even than, the player's information disapears after a second or so, not to mention it's way too hard to keep track of the opponent and keep reading his/hers info.

Gohans last transformation: Maybe a little too much work, but perhaps its possibly with the help of the community (like the new C16 contest) and needed to balance the game further (?). His last tranformation would be of course the Mystic Form, but it would look stupid with him as kid, so we would need a have teen gohan model somehow:D.
Well, I think all of us are up for contribution to the gameplay, and I'm not disregarding this idea aswell, but it seems that Mystic Gohan will not perticipate as a transformation or as a charecter in OB/1.3. I would simply look redicioulus if you would just transform from teen Gohan SSJ2, into adult Gohan, Mystic form. :/

Vegetas new attack: Maybe you rememberd as Goku fought against Vegeta while Vegeta was controlled by Babidi. He then used some sort of ring attack to seal away Gokus movements for a few seconds. Vegeta could gain this attack at his last tranformation level.
Yeah, I sure remember that specific attack. It doesn't have a name, but no matter. I loved that attack, and I still do, but if you think about it a bit, it would be nearly immposibble to add it into ESF, or any other DBZ game.

I'm sure you remember, when Vegeta used those rings to hold Goku in place, he locked Goku onto a WALL. Try to explain how that would work in ESF. Let's say, you are beneath your opponent, using Vegeta as your charecter. You shoot the Ring attack at your opponent, you hit him, and than what? What do the Rings lock him to, if there's no wall?

Minor not, but the side diving swoop animation of frieza looks confusing because he turns too much around.
I think that's a minor problem that the team has already noticed and will surely be taken care of. :)
They already said they are gonna fix most of the anim. on the chars. :D

Piccolos transformations: Just change his aura colour or add him a few more muscles. Okay, the last one might be a lot of work, but just one transformation is hardly enough.
I haven't played the Piccole model yet, so if you say that his muscles need work, than I believe you. Minor charecters in games are oftenly left un-detailed (no offense, ESF team :p).

Reduced Final Flash size, because the beam now is as double as big as Vegeta and one cannot really see whats going on. Plus it laaaaags.;)
Yeah, that's true, The Final Flash, and not only this attack, so others block the overview because of the size. But I'm positive that the team already knows about this, so no need to bug them about it. :)

Double jump: simple, if u jump into the air and press jump again u jump into the desired direction. We understand that this would conflict with the idea of double tapping swoop like it was in 1.2 and still is in 1.3. But it would support the idea of actually fighting at the ground and thus would bring more sense to good level design because as of now no one really needs others than a level that is just a hollow block.
Sorry, but I completly disagree with this idea. The idea that you have proposed, is very familliar with all-over-all 3D roaming, adventure to action games. The idea that the charecters would have anothet option to jump after the initial jump that pushes you off the ground is simply over repatitive and very much like Spider - Man games and the likes.

It think the team should keep it fairly simple, like it is now. They could though, increase the lengtitude and latitude of the jumps. :)

Solarflame attack should not blend for like 10 seconds, thats way too long.
I agree. Somwhere from 3/4 to 5/6 seconds would be enough I think. If someone catches you with solar flare (thank god not many people knew the attack existed in 1.2), you're pretty much a gonner.
So I agree.

From Bid For Power some of you may know the air pushing attack that Goku can do. Of course in BfP it is way too overpowerd. It could just be used as a defensive technique to throw away an opponent, if u have to charge up ur ki or something, but do not actually hurt the opponent. Should have a cool down phase, too.
I'm sorry, I played BFP, but I don't remember any Ki push back attack like in the game. Could you describe it a bit more? Was it a straight push in one direction? Is that what you are suggesting?

New ki Ball button: Dunno if there is already a future plan for the secondary mouse button for melee, but if there isnt it could feature the normal Ki Ball attack. It would make the fights alot more interesting and faster. Also fewer slots have to be used cuz then the normal ki balls would be included in the melee slot attack. Maybe there should be a slower pace to prevent them from spawming or something like that.
I partly agree with this. It would certainatly boost the gameplay if coded right and it would give more shynchronization to melee and beams. For the bad part, if the feature would be badly incorporated into the gameplay elements, it might just turn out to slow the gameplay and worsen the use of beams.

EDIT: I'm sexy >3

Best answers
5- Mystic Gohan is a gohan that does not transform at all, how could he be a last transformation?
Well, he could have a different type of aura, if that works with the old HL1 engine. But ur right, it would look weird to suddenly have an adult while one second before he was an 10 years-old boy... all the models would have to be new...:\ The most important thing is to balance Gohan to the optimum and it could either be done by one transformation more (or couldnt it?;)) or an other advantage, like a special attack that only he has.

6- How exactly would it work ingame?
It could be a combined attack used with melee. If the player manage to hit the opponent into a wall or the ground it can be charged to hold the opponent a little while longer there, so Vegeta can power up an attack. The other player who is held down by the attack could have some sort of power struggle to free himself depending on his power level. So the attack would have to need a slow moving or non moving opponent to be fired at, also useable if an other player stays on one spot all the time and shots beam attacks, Vegeta could target him and stop him for a few moments while attacking him.

8 - I agree, taking away the fact that picollo is my favorite char, i think he is the less worked model so far, as for the aura colour, white is his colour in the series as I remember.
Yes, I re-watched his powering up on youtube again. While he is powering up his aura is still white. Then he charges at C17 and - well, its a little bit hard to tell - I think his aura is becoming blue. Somehow open up for imagination;).

10 - nice idea :D
Well, its certainly not the best idea. We came up with as we thought of how to make the battles a little more ground-based. I've to think about something like that that would support that idea. Of course this also must be wanted by the community... But as I said, as it is now, the level design almost doesnt matter because everybody is flying high up in the sky.:rolleyes:

11- How long you think it should take? Dont forget that this attack takes away almost all of the KI, wich means that if it fails the dude is going down.
Right and the opponent who is blinded can still escape. Thats why the time AND the Ki amount that has the be used for the attack should be reduced.

12 - I agree, I would prefeer that feature to the one that is in right know - when you press block when charging.
Yes, ur right, we forgot about this one. Sadly somehow it doesnt worked for either of us as we tried to use it. My power level than was at 15 millionen and he started new with 600k, came flying at me to attack with melee, I used the defensive block when he was near me while I was powering up but nothing happend. Tried that a few times, never pused the opponent away no matter how weak they were...

Well dosent matter if the team is fixing that.;)

@Hightlighter

Basically we just meant that the torpedos will stand where the player chooses even IF he switches to another attack.
Plus the way the torpedos are now its quite hard to get a hit with them. They arnt that fast and quite big, so can be easily detected. So we think they should become a lock on,similar the the generic one.

While I dont think it would disturb the gameplay THAT much, its of course just gimmick that maybe would require too much work;)

Well, just lock at any previous version of the game.

The main problem we see with it is that if the opponent moves very fast we just got distracted by the moving information text... and it doesnt got away that quick for us

Yup, would look stupid. If they would do it, they would have to make a new model of Gohan... that would be a shame and only doable if the community would somehow pull it of.

Why do we need a wall to freeze and opponent in his tracks? Theres no need that the rings lock him on to something.

Hope so, too.;)

What I meant was that if the gets a second or third transformation he would have to get some more muscles.

Like mentioned above;) but I would also like the idea of increasing the lengtitude and latitude of the jumps;)

It was Gokus second attack. He could push away any opponent that comes in too close and cause them heavy damage, plus it didnt consume much Ki and didnt have a cool down phase... so it was pretty much the strongest attack. Yup, it was a straight push.
But in esf Goku doesnt need anymore super attacks we think, so every char could get this defensive technique that also could be used while NOT powering up. For example, you block the melee attack of an other player but you dont have any ki/stamina left to teleport or attack and powering up while the opponent is that close - bad idea = instant hit. So you could push him away w/o causing damage of course to have a little bit more time. And due to the cool down phase it could not be spammend.

Yes, but Im pretty sure IF the team decides to incorporate something like this they would balance it out so the gameplay would surly benefit from it:cool:

Thank for ur replies. And keep them comming! :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom