A different view on melle attacks

Best answers
In a recent thread i have read a thought on mellee "grabing" I thought of an interesting idea as i read through it. Here is what i say to the Thread & another altogether different but similar idea.

That is a very interesting proposition you all put forth, and if by chance this does get put in the beta it would add an exellent element to the game.

Another idea i got from reading this string was another melee idea. Lets say you are in hand to hand combat with a person, lets say these two players strike simultaneously, they join hands and start kicking, a large aura surounds them, just like in the buu saga Majin Vegita VS Goku. It is a power struggle BUT instead of just a power struggle, in co-herency with it players may kick there opponents to try and break free or hurt them. If a player wins the power strugle by a hair and dips out the 2 players fly apart at tremendous speed about 20feet slamming into anything in there way (maybe even other players), IF though, the player wins by half way they get projected a huge distance slaming into walls,etc, AND IF the player wins to an Extreme he slams his opponent into the ground, then ki blasts the **** outta his ass.

First off i am geussing this would be difficult to program and i can understand what i am putting forth is a large amount of work, but if pulled off would be exellent in game play, BUT uninteruptable.

Other notes NOT related to this idea...
P.S. Every time a player strikes another player aura grows for a split second? & if charging an attack and is punched in the head by an exeptional opponent would stop the chargeing and be thrown back?

Just a thought, feedback much appreciated.

Best answers
Something similar to that crossed my mind a few days ago, basicaly a pwr strugle with melee instead of special moves.

Great Idea!

Best answers
Thats a really good idea, i can just imagine how sweet that would be...:D

Best answers
Aslo in those melee strugles if you win you could brake them into a aero combo if you are in air

Best answers
Thanks for all the replies guyz, and that does sound interesting Cell, but once again the developers have to decide in the end. It seems alot of work, but if it really existed it would kick ass!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey panda aint seen you post in ages, where ya been

Best answers
Thanks for the mention l33t. For some reason the site was denied for me for the longest of times, then all of a sudden it reapeared looking awsome. Ow well, i'm back now :D.

Best answers
Hey good idea man.
Man I can't wait to smash ppl down onto the ground!
I think this will be in coz I looked at the models with model viewer and they have that move where they smash 'em down with 2 hands but I guess they never got around to putting it in.

Best answers
interesting, maybe some more light can be shed on this if a moderator took a look at the post, but thats quite unlikely considering how many posts they have to sift threw :S . Thanks for the info Android17.

*Just read the whole post d00d, comes with the job :p *
Cheeseman

Best answers
Well that was surprising, a moderator answered back :] , i like indeed, maybe now he will tell the rest of the mon keigh about our ideas....

Thanks for the reply, nighthawk

Best answers
I'm not a mod...I'm a team member :) I can say you idea isn't goin to be in the beta (sorry) but...you can slam ppl around, just not how you was going about it. So you got that part correct :)

Best answers
Do you think maybe they would consider what i'm putting forth as a future goal? or is it to complicated for future versions of ESF past the beta as well?

Best answers
It's not too complicated to implement, it's just that we have our own version which is a little bit more than just a "powerstruggle" type deal. Btw, we have two versions of our melee system; the Simple Melee and the Advanced Melee. The server will be able to set which type of melee they want on their servers.(In case somebody finds the Advanced Melee system to be a little to advanced for them :p) And no, you can't set it to both, it's either one or the other.:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like the beta is really gunna be somethin else

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom