3Dsmax8 Skin Q.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i've recently fired up 3dsmax8, I have **** all idea how to use it but thats ok because im only using it for checking my skins. Just texturing, basic HL texturing.

What I need to know is: After I've imported my model (already skin mapped), how do I apply the skin (ie: where's the friggin buttons for the texturing side of things)

Best answers
press the "m" key, there you will have and material menu, standart sample, just click drag and drop the desired material to the model. if you want to load your skin to the material,( im thinking about your needs with standart hl text) just find the difuse slot, load your skin, then at the top find an thingy called "self ilumination" make it at 100% it will render the material without shadows. good luck man

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you just put Psd's strait into it? Lol yep, Ok i've got the skin on the model now, how do I do the 'filter texture' thing that ms3d does automaticly?

Best answers
psd? : D i prefer jpg for skins, and dunno what "filter texture " is : ( plz post a pic or smthing!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think he wants the skin to show up on the viewpoint. If I misunderstood, sorry.

If you want the skin to show up on the viewpoint without rendering then go into your material editor (M). Next, click on the botton with the checkered box and that should do it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
customize - preferences - viewports - configure drivers: check the boxes that say "match bitmap size as close as possible" or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom