3D Studio Max, Low poly tutorial.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe when i get time, although, by this point people should be able to use this tut's techniques to model anything, if they cant, then they are probably never gonna make it...

Best answers
Well, im actualy waiting till youl make the head tut, and if you can explain how to model the anime hair, its so confusing :(

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have one noobish question ;o

When I make the 2nd plane, the whole plane is black but when I use the Arc Rotate tool, And look at it from the front directly it has the ref but from the side it's black. Do you know a reason how to fix it? ;X

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm it might just be the lighting, that happens if u rotate it too much to the side

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks man, i am deffinitly going to try this soon, i just downloaded a trial of 3dsmax :)

I hope it works.

**edit**

god this sucks bigtime... i can't even get the picture on the plane :p , bleh, i just don't get it.. there is no okay button or anything!

sigh... before i get only that step my tial period is over...

need help! ... anyone? :(

**edit edit**

Lol i gues i figured it out... only mirroring isn't as in the tut, but yay! i finally can model!! ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would help if you quoted the instructions too :p

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
it would help if you quoted the instructions too :p
ahhh getting lazy huh :p here it is
now, using the vertex editing tools, first work in the front viewport, positioning the vertecies to the outside of the referance (this includes the vertecies on the inside of the mesh, so as to keep your polyflow neat). Then, work on the side, being sure to do the same thing. notice how ive used the middle column of vertecies to show the spinal movement of the model (yes even models need to be postured correctly). observent people will notice that there is an extra row of edges/verts that i needed to help the shape in the front viewport. to create these, i selected the ring of edges shown, right clicked the mesh, and clicked connect. this created an extra rown connecting all the selected edges. your mesh should look roughly like this. but if it doesnt, dont worry. as long as its close
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/1397/99nv.jpg

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
select the edges, right click, and click connect, to create an extra line of edges...is that really so hard?

maybe you could elaborate on what your stuck with?

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
select the edges, right click, and click connect, to create an extra line of edges...is that really so hard?

maybe you could elaborate on what your stuck with?
After I click connect there are extra lines but then I dont know how to make it look like the picture afterwards :scared:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u delete the whole polygon then click no when it asks u to also delete the verts i believe

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Element polygon? If not, I click a polygon and delete it. I don't see anything.

I use max7

Best answers
now, using the above technique of moving vertecies and edges, (and adding a couple more edges) we create a better sense of the shaper we are looking for, using the perspective viewport to look around and check how the mesh looks in realtime, rather than just front or side on.ive also circled the instance where ive created a triangle. you may have noticed that so far everything is in quad polygons (4 sided) this is very helpful for later when we come to uvw map, and texture. it also helps keep the flow clean. but sometimes you need an odd triangle here or their. to do this i used target weld. simply use the polygon edit tools, right click the mesh and select target weld, click the first vertex, then click the vertex you want to weld it to. carry on with these techniques to get a better shape.
That doesnt make much sense to me... can you say it again just in a different way or something? And why did you say make the cylinder have 5 height segments when the pic of your torso being shaped on the outline of the ref have 6? Or am i just dumb...?

edit: OK just forget that, the http://img82.exs.cx/img82/628/105sh.jpg step doesnt work is what i'm trying to say. When i click the vertex under the circle you made, a line comes up, which is good. But then i click the vertex to the right of it and it just makes a messed up mess. Like the first vertex i click gets pulled over to the other one, which isn't right!!! Somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong, please! :(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Srry to bother some one I know I'm not a compleet noob at 3dmax but one thing I can't figure out is how can I weld 2 vertex of different groups.. For exaple I have a body thats a different group than the arm how can I weld the vertex of the arm to the body..

Tnx

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think u have to attach the 2 groups together, you can do this by clicking on the body group, and then on the right side click the attach button and then click on the arm group. this will attach both groups into one where u can weld verticies to eachother and do what ever

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Dude Your my God, thank you sooo much finaly I can finish my brolly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe no problem, remember to post your progress soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom