2nd attempt Sig+Avatar in 1 hour

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is the first thread I've made here and the 2nd attemp at making a sig
(1st was the one using Hyper Dimension images).

Any problems or improvements to be made?

EDIT: oops spelt Avatar wrong in title, could a mod please fix :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man what the freaking hell.

No one bothers to comment on people's signatures.

It's a 2nd attempt, better then my 2nd sig I'll give you that.

The BG is real basic, but the renders are pretty choppy, just work on the blending and such.

Text is okay, try to match everything in the signature.

Avatar is just basic, keep it up though.

Best answers
Hmmm,nothing special.....its alright.Look theres nothing bad I can say about that sig,its more of a overall thing.Its too...old fashion >_> You have to get with the styles,like...better blending groovy txt etc.

7/10

-GuZzie

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks guys :). I did it with Paint.NET (Basically super-paint).

So better text? Any recommended ones?

Best answers
If you really ever want to actually get good at graphic arts you need photoshop.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you really ever want to actually get good at graphic arts you need photoshop.
NEVER! Besides I can't really afford it. What I use will do for now.
Paint.NET has enough features anyway, I just need to learn how to use them!

Thanks for all the comments. All will go into a 3rd sig if I ever get bothered.

Best answers
Well it's good for your 2nd signature. :)

And you can always download Photoshop's 30d trial and you will see how easy you can do better signatures.

And internet is full of photoshop tutorials.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a second signature, that's crap. As said use photoshop, or at least The Gimp (free version of photoshop). The cutting is very crappy, the quality of both of the stocks suck. And the background looks like it's done with msPaint's spray tool. And I hate that font. Try again...

**edit**

Wait....you didn't make that signature with paint, did you? o_O That would suck even more.

Xenon

X
well Its not impossible to get PS CS2 for free mate..
I love it when people hint at warez. Makes things interesting.

Anyways, not bad for a second sig. My only beef is the renders, which seem pretty poor in the quality department. Other than that, great job.

7/10

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Paint.Net is practically the same as Adobe Photoshop.

http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html

It's not too bad. The render could be better, and the cut out could be smoother. From the looks of it, when you saved it as a .jpg, the quality went down. Try using the .png format, though it might be too big for the ESF Forums to upload.

6/10

Signature:

Kudos on the border, that's always a plus. Now, the SSJ3 render is good, but it wasn't cut out very well. The SSJ Goten render should be replaced with another one since you can still see that his aura was visible. The text is decent though it could be better. You should also use the .png format on this since the quality looks like it went down pretty bad when you converted to the .jpg format.

7/10

You're doing really good, just keep at it. Read up on tutorials, look at different signatures, and be creative.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC, convieniently I still have a copy of them in PNG format. The Problem was with the renders I had to remove the backgrounds with the eraser! Any other ways?

Best answers
Paint.Net is practically the same as Adobe Photoshop.
Ehm. Not even close. Well of course it depends what kind of things you are using it.

Maybe for the 2nd Son it's good for start.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC, convieniently I still have a copy of them in PNG format. The Problem was with the renders I had to remove the backgrounds with the eraser! Any other ways?
I usually remove render backgrounds with the eraser tool in Adobe Photoshop. I can see how difficult it can be to erase things in Paint.NET, but from the looks of it, you can get a good cut-out, you just have to be very precise. You missed a number of spots on your renders and it looks like you accidentally erased a little more than just the background on certain parts of the render.

I think I know where you lost the quality of the renders, and that's when you resize them. Paint.NET resizes images differently than Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Photoshop compresses everything if I understand correctly.

This is what happens when I resize a 961 x 1252 image to 301 x 393 in Paint.NET (zoomed in 300%):

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2937/untitledto9.png

Now this is what happens when I resize the same image to the same size as in Paint.NET, using Adobe Photoshop (zoomed in to 200%):

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5510/untitled2ze2.png

So the problem is that Paint.NET uses the same compression as Microsoft Paint. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this. You can check out the Paint.NET forums and see if there are any answers there, or maybe someone here will be able to help you better than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom