2048 texture technique?

Best answers
Okay is it like this:
When I have added the texture to the brushes I select all the brushes and then vertics manipulate them so it match the texture?

EDIT:
Can someone answer the question?

Best answers
I'm sorry to double post but no one is aswering my question. Anyway I have tried to select all the triangles and then move the vertics one by one, but still it looks weird.
How can I make it so it works?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Align to world.
2.) Dont move the vertices past the edge of the texture.

Best answers
Okay, but I don't understnd the 2. one. Can you maybe post a pic?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The textures are square right.

Now if you move a vert past the edge of the square. It simply starts from the start of the other side of the texture.

Ill make it as obvious as possible.

At the top the textures are next to each other. I put 2 seperate textures to make it more visable.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6268/textureproblemgz0.jpg

The edge of the textures is in the center of teh red cyrcle.

The lower picture is made after moving the vert. When the vert passed the edge of the texture it started to take the texture from teh oposate side. And not the second texture.

So its important to NEVER go past that edge.

Best answers
Okay my problem was that I go past the egde. But I can't make the terrain without take too many vertics. Should I cut the brush different than this:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try to cut it up along the textures instead of cutting lots of unnecesairy parts.

Best answers
Along the texture? You mean, I should cut it where there are for example a cliff?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NO! cut it up like normal triangles, then select your brushes and move it to allign with the texture but remember not to go out of that border. then if you don't have enough brushes, just select 1 brush and move it to allign to the texture but there will be a gap between that triangle and the one next to it, just copy that brush and then fill that empty space up, keep on doing that to make the triangles alligned with the texture.

If you don't understand I'll make a small tutorial using pics or something.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Took you a while ;p Practice with it a lot, and soon you'll crack out pretty neat maps.

Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Took you a while ;p Practice with it a lot, and soon you'll crack out pretty neat maps.
I didn't understand the answers I got in this thread. Donny learned me in 10 min on MSN yesterday. And about the maps, I hope so too.
Will show a map soon I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, theoboy you better start making neat maps now that you know enough! Just kidding, but you'll soon be able to make nice maps, easily, just keep messing around with that and you'll find it very easy and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom