Do you believe that the world will end in 2012?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
As 2012 approaches, so does all of the doomsday talk, and I'm not just talking about stupid internet hoaxes. A couple days ago, I hung out with a buddy of mine who I haven't seen in about five years. He was one of my closest friends, and he was part of the big group. We would always go to shows, rant and rave about the government, and so on. After getting in contact with him again, we made some space for us to hang out and catch up. He picked me up, and we went to his pad in North Hollywood. Long story short, we blazed, and he made sure I was good and faded for him to give me the complete breakdown, which he mentioned he would do earlier. Still, I had no idea that he was going to wait until I was totally baked. Honestly, with all of the **** that he was throwing at me, it ruined my high. Everything he was saying was just so unpleasant and almost even depressing.

First, he started to go on about spirits when something fell off of a shelf, and how a spirit was responsible. So, we started conversing about spirits and experiences that could be tailed as such. I jokingly mentioned at some point that I must have a guardian watching over me, because if I didn't, I'd probably be dead. He agreed, and felt that we both were here for a purpose. As if things weren't already weird enough, they just took a fat turn for the worse. He started to talk about how he was moving to Oregon to get away from California when 2012 hits, because when it does, apparently the military is going to recruit people from and around the major cities of the world, and if you chose not to go with them, you will be shot. This continued until he started to explain what he thought he knew what was going to happen in 2012. For seven days, meteors will fall, the lithosphere will be depleted, and radiation will hit the Earth. Boiling oceans will kill life inside, volcanoes will erupt destroying the lands, and other natural disasters until one third of life on Earth is destroyed or left. I can't remember which.

He claims to know this through his experiences with Salvia. Finally, things were starting to add up. For those who don't know, Salvia is a hallucinogenic drug used by shamans for healing and spiritual practices. It's supposed to give out-of-body experiences, and apparently, is amazing enough for angels to turn green with envy, according to my bud. People who I know who have done Salvia speak from an enlightened state. It's as if they figured everything out they needed to in their experience. He stated it's scientifically proven that this Diviner's Sage does help the mind realize it's full potential throughout it's use. If you're interested, look up "Salvia" on Google, and you'll find many articles and listings of experiences. While my buddy was preaching to me, he said that after the end-of-the-world scene occurred, he would rise from the mountains and go about his life as a preacher, teaching the survivors of the apocalypse their history and other nonsense. It sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. He states to have researched this in the passed year, but so have I. I was curious about 2012, so I looked around the internet searching for answers. I followed the facts from the Mayans, Aztecs, and other ancient societies. From my research, the Mayan Calendar ending on December 21, 2012, is the equivalent to ours ending December 31. Be it mindless banter from two junkies, it was still an interesting conversation.

With that all said, I can now get to the point of this thread. I can honestly say that I'm not entirely sure what is going to happen on that fateful day, and I don't want to know. We, as a race, have survived many predictions about the end of the world. If anything catastrophic does happen, then so be it. There probably won't be much of a choice in the matter, anyway. So, what are your thoughts on 2012 and the Doomsday conspiracies? I've been around these forums since '03, and I want to see what some of the people that I've somewhat gotten to know on here have to say on this subject. Do you believe that the world is going to end? Do you believe that nothing is going to happen? Do you believe that the government sends out doomsday theories to scare the crazies into preaching their nonsense on a global scale for the bigwigs to eat their popcorn to? It's all on you.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its hard to really say what is going to happen. I seen a movie about 2012.. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012:_Doomsday) Pretty much it stated that the world was going to end, leaving 7 people left to recreate the population during the 2nd coming. The people meet up at one of the Aztec Pyramids and the baby is born on an Alter after the Moon and Sun Cross paths. But anyway, I just take 2012 as a few things. Live life to the fullest, its short enough as is. Don't need any regrets in the afterlife. I mean i don't really know what will happen... but we shall see... Everything has it's end. This planet isn't taken care of like it should be truely... It maybe the day we have another Ice Age starting... who really knows. I remember in 6th grade they talked about a meteor headed towards earth, that could hit withen the next 10 to 15 years. It was about 1/4 the size of the earth, which means it would easily destroy it.... Who knows though... Just a wait and see deal...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, I don't know what to think. I really don't. I don't like thinking about it either. Despite the fact that I believe in the after life, I just find death terrifying and these 2012 theories, which could either be nothing or something, just terrify me.

So, yeah, I really don't know what to think about the situation. I really, really hope that it is either a ****ed up hoax or a false prediction.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Demonoid, was that movie just a cinematic approach or was it more of a documentary? Was it using real facts, or was it using the mindlessly predicted ones you can find like Planet X?

By the way, it's kinda nice to see you post something sincere, Sean. You should do it more. :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demonoid, was that movie just a cinematic approach or was it more of a documentary? Was it using real facts, or was it using the mindlessly predicted ones you can find like Planet X?

It actually used a lot of scientific stuff in it. I mean it stated how the earth was at its breaking point where the world started to twist and turn itself inside out almost. The land was starting to break apart, Massive Tornadoes and Hurricanes, and Volcanic eruptions and all. Though its mainly this. "Based on actual Mayan prophecy, the story melds folklore and Christian beliefs with science, exploring themes of climate change and spiritual renewal." As said in the description. Though its worth watching, it kinda got me a bit scared. Heh, even made my gf start crying just thinking about it being real. But, I guess if you think it about it.. It could be true... Earth is falling off its Axis if I remember right, and so much else is happening in the core.

I mean, this world has to end sometime... The Mayans seem to know a lot. They knew about sirus a and b before modern day telescopes were made.

But I guess they just didn't make their Calender that long... Our Calender ends.... 4099 if I remember right, and no one says anything about that...

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Right, man. They all have to end sometime, right? A lot of the stuff I've researched are from astrologists. I remember watching a video of a retired NASA employee about how upset he was that people were sending him emails about how scared they were of the armageddon. He also stated that he received about twenty emails from people who were contemplating suicide over this matter. He addressed every question and thought about several doomsday theories and put them to shame. Plus, you've gotta remember that people really milked Y2K. Y2K had its own movies, too, though they weren't nearly as popular as the 2012 movie. I'm just thinking people are making such movies and things because they know it will sell.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, man. They all have to end sometime, right? A lot of the stuff I've researched are from astrologists. I remember watching a video of a retired NASA employee about how upset he was that people were sending him emails about how scared they were of the armageddon. He also stated that he received about twenty emails from people who were contemplating suicide over this matter. He addressed every question and thought about several doomsday theories and put them to shame. Plus, you've gotta remember that people really milked Y2K. Y2K had its own movies, too, though they weren't nearly as popular as the 2012 movie. I'm just thinking people are making such movies and things because they know it will sell.

Exactly. Just think of all the movies out there that are milking off of something famous as such. 2012 has atleast 6 movies I have seen just on Netflix. 2 of them being Big movies. Atleast 30 Documentaries on it and more.... Just sad to say it has to end this way.... Personally I would rather it be Aliens or something... Not falling apart from our own problem.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, the big bang caused stars to form in a such a way that billions of years later, we on earth could learn what's going to happen on specific date. Makes sense.

As if things weren't already weird enough, they just took a fat turn for the worse. He started to talk about how he was moving to Oregon to get away from California when 2012 hits, because when it does, apparently the military is going to recruit people from and around the major cities of the world, and if you chose not to go with them, you will be shot. This continued until he started to explain what he thought he knew what was going to happen in 2012. For seven days, meteors will fall, the lithosphere will be depleted, and radiation will hit the Earth. Boiling oceans will kill life inside, volcanoes will erupt destroying the lands, and other natural disasters until one third of life on Earth is destroyed or left. I can't remember which.

He claims to know this through his experiences with Salvia. Finally, things were starting to add up. For those who don't know, Salvia is a hallucinogenic drug used by shamans for healing and spiritual practices.
Key word in all this? Hallucinogenic
This is such a load of crap, ever since the entertainment sector made 2012 popular through movies etc. these kind of fantasies have popped up all over the world. I feel sorry for your friend if he actually believe what he says.
Let me start with what you see in movies is not real. It tends to be made more exciting and facts are twisted for that. (Guess that's why it's produced by the entertainment business)

Also people have always claimed to get visions and what not from hallucinogenic drugs, this is not something purely from salvia. But do the visions ever come true? The apocalypse has been predicted so many times and how many times has it happened? never. Just a few quick summarized stories here http://www.dalimunthe.com/2010/02/top-10-failed-apocalyptic-predictions.html

Shamans are pretty much like those preachers for Christianity. You know the kind, they go around the country claiming to heal people. It's all about money.
Look at it like this, shamans did a lot of stuff, including healing. These days we don't use there healing methods anymore as it did more bad then good in most cases. However they they also have this spiritual aspect about them, which a certain type of people like so they are inclined to believe it because they want too, not because it's real.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Did you miss the part where I stated that everything that my friend fell into is a load of ****? I guess so. I've also stated that we have lived passed several other predicted disasters that were supposed to wipe us out. Salvia is a little different from other hallucinogenic drugs, though. It's completely natural, for one thing, and another is that it's created a large cult following it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend my friend. Salvia's just to a different extent than acid or shrooms, man. Look it up for yourself, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shrooms are natural too, they do work differently though. However just because they alter the way you perceive reality, doesn't mean they give you superpowers (the drowned tourists in the Amsterdams canals proved that much) and you get predictions of what's going to happen. There is no scientific study that proves any of this. And if there is, feel free to link it.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
I didn't say they weren't. :p Here's a little something that can help further your understanding. I've done a lot of research on Salvia in the passed few days in an attempt to figure out what the **** happened to my friend. LOL

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Believing the world is going to end in 2012 illustrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the Mayans and their culture. This 2012 nonsense is an extension of all of the apocalyptic predictions people have made throughout human existence. And it's ****ing retarded. Why? Because people want the easy way out. Everyone would rather the world end than take the effort to try to mold it into something worth saving.

Oh! The world is going to end! That means Jesus/Allah/Yahweh/Zeus/Ra/Jake The Snake/FSM will take me away from this terrible place and I'll go to heaven for all eternity!

**** that ****.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't say they weren't. :p Here's a little something that can help further your understanding. I've done a lot of research on Salvia in the passed few days in an attempt to figure out what the **** happened to my friend. LOL
This taught me nothing new. As stated on the site, It's a hallucinogenic psychoactive drug. It just changes your perception of things. It doesn't give you the power to predict, no matter how realistic it seems when you experience it.
It's pretty much the same as believing in shamans. You take the negative stuff you don't like and discard it, but take the interesting stuff and consider it to be real, because you would like it to be real.

Believing the world is going to end in 2012 illustrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the Mayans and their culture. This 2012 nonsense is an extension of all of the apocalyptic predictions people have made throughout human existence. And it's ****ing retarded. Why? Because people want the easy way out. Everyone would rather the world end than take the effort to try to mold it into something worth saving.

Oh! The world is going to end! That means Jesus/Allah/Yahweh/Zeus/Ra/Jake The Snake/FSM will take me away from this terrible place and I'll go to heaven for all eternity!

**** that ****.
Amen brother, keep on preaching the good word!

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll go on a tirade later today when I have more time.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers

**** that ****.
Best response yet. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be horribly hilarious if a gamma ray burst wiped us all out in 2012.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cliff notes version for the first post.

Stoners get high.
Stoners think their inane jibberish while high is actually deep and interesting.
Stoners believe drugs give them super powers.
Stoner posts on forums to tell us how great his super power drugs are.

Think that about covers it.

Also, no. The world is not going to end in 2012. Just like it didn't end at any other "predicted" time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
About this thread, about 2012, im scered for one thing :D i just will play esf 1.3 very short time xD

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Many of their beliefs were based upon the life cycle of maize, I don't think that world's ending anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom