1st Real Model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
REQUESTING TO CLOSE THREAD

This Is My First Real Try At Modeling..I Didnt Know Who To Make...First I Though Bardock..Then The Torso Turned Out To Be Too Big , So Now Im Thinking Brolly.. :laff: - SCROLL DOWN FOR UPDATES

**EDIT** 5th Atthempt Scroll Down.. :tired:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
For your first, that aint half bad (beats my first try at least =D) good job!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
show us some flat shaded pictures of the 3d model, en what program are you using ?

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Front/Left Angle Flatshaded,

Front Flatshaded

Right Flatshaded

I'm Using Milkshape 3d 1.7.0 :yes:

Best answers
wooooooooh, ok, I think I can help you big time now.

One of your biggest problems is Poly Flow: There just isnt any flow in that model lol. Here is how poly flow works:

You make 4 vertecies. Connect the first 3 (bottom right, top right, top left) and then connect the the bottom piece (Top left, bottom left, bottom right). There is the basic poly, now, you want to CONTINUE that flow of the same patern till you get to the middle of th model, then Duplicate it and mirror it to the other side, line it up to the other half and weld the vertecies together. You will have a much cleaner looking model.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jenny_Kitty said:
wooooooooh, ok, I think I can help you big time now.

One of your biggest problems is Poly Flow: There just isnt any flow in that model lol. Here is how poly flow works:

You make 4 vertecies. Connect the first 3 (bottom right, top right, top left) and then connect the the bottom piece (Top left, bottom left, bottom right). There is the basic poly, now, you want to CONTINUE that flow of the same patern till you get to the middle of th model, then Duplicate it and mirror it to the other side, line it up to the other half and weld the vertecies together. You will have a much cleaner looking model.
Ok You Lost Me When You Said "You make 4 vertecies." ... O_O Im A Ubah N00B Modeller..I Just Made A Sphere And Molded It To Shape lol..Ver..te..ci..es.... :p Can You Explain In My Language..lol Now Im Going To Bed , Its 10:23 Am ..Its Past My Passout Time....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sirken Himuria said:
beats my ubuu model lol i only had 1 ref. pic and it sucked
you mean the ripped one?

well anyways, the model is looking good, but i'd use the link that jenny posted. :talk:

Best answers
Ok, now, select the face tool and click on 3 vertecies, then you will create a "Poly". keep doing that over and over. until you filled all the vertecies with faces.

Lol. Once I get my online portfolio up and running, I'll have tutorials to how to model as well as my method in modeling and skinning.....as well as the secrets behind the magic!

<.<
>.>

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright Now Im Wondering What This Black And Grey Stuff Is..

Best answers
view it in flat shaded and then select a black face and hit ctrl shift f to flip the face

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Would Happen If I Just Continued Working On My First Model? If I Complete It Would It Crumple Up In A Ugly Way When Moving? Becuase It Doesnt Have "Poly Flow"?
Here I Slighty Worked On It A Lil While Ago..

Best answers
you dont need to do it ALL over if you dont feel like it, you could just rearrange the faces. but let me give you a tip that helped me starting my buu model i started of with the nose since its a good central point and then the head then the nech and work youre way down instead if making the torso at first i know it works good for some modelers but i just think the nose method is easier for n00bs at least it worked for me.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I Like Starting With The Torso First, Btw I Just Made A Sphere And Molded It Into Shape As I Said Before lol, And Plus Once The Torso Looks Alright I'll Add The Arms, I'll Just Delete The Faces Between The Limbs And Connect Them, Then The Legs, Then The Head Will Be Last..Actually The Hair Will Be But WhatEver..Is There Any Other Way Of Modeling Other then Vertex's..I Also Have 3DS Max 5 And 6 With Maya, And Lightwave..Im Currently Using Milkshape 3d, I'd Use The Other Programs But I Dont Even Know How To Make Basic Shapes..Unless Someone Teach's Me..Or If Someone Finds Tuts For Anyone Of Those Programs That Are Described For Ubah Noobs Like Mah Self..

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh..New Brolly Model Too Complex?..

After I Started Learing About Milkshape 3D I Got Better And Better..This Is My 5th Try At Modeling , While I Was Working On It, I Started To Notice How Great Some Models Were That Have Lo-Poly's..Its The Skin That Matters..And I Thought That If I Finish This Model It Might Have Too Many Poly's.. :tired:
So Heres What I Got So Far..Thx Jenny_Kitty For The Small But Extremely Useful Tutorial lol..
:notice:

**EDIT** Added FlatShaded w/Wirefram Pic

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well This Is Just When He's At SSJ, Not At Max Power Kinda SSJ Just Uh..Slightly Powered Up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom