16 direction swoop?

Best answers
Magus said:
A quick response to that arguement.

I get below 20 fps on 90% of the maps in esf because of all the extra crap they put in. Now my question is, would they completely take out all the detailed textures for us low end comp users? Or will their answer to me be "GET A NEW COMP". Now for people with those ****ty keyboards, I'd have to say the same, which would be fair, so that arguement is pretty much invalid, IMO.

(P.S. I don't get low fps like that with all the settings turned low on other mods (newer ones) but I guess I'm unlucky to run into ESF :/.)

Thx.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or will thier answer be to turn off your options for the high detail stuff?
cl_3drocks 0 is a good place to start.
Go into your options (advanced probally) and turn off the 24 bit textures.
Turn everything down to just before teh crappy setting.
Now make shure you use 640X480.

For the info on that stuff. ESF put it in there because they like to test thier programing stuff and make things look good, but if something that is suggested is completely usless and probally couldnt be used by anyone with a ps2 keyboard. That is diffrent. That limits mobility to most wile giving it to few.
Graphics are diffrent. Graphics are easily turned off or down. Graphics are modable. Graphics are plenty of other things.

The little anology doesn't work. Because I cant think of any suggestions to make your keyboard run 10X better.
What I can think of is stuff like Overclocking the motherboard, changing the wiring of the card just a little bit, hardware additions, software additions, and many other things to increase your FPS.

I don't know what is it with your idea, but you have made it clear that you want it to go down with a fight. That is a respectable trait, but you have got to learn when the idea just is not going to work properly. When only 2 or 3 people have stated that they like it and you have posted almost every other post, the idea is left to those higher in power (which is the ESF team), which thier decision is made clear with good intentions by magus's posts.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
even thou a lot of people have good systems runnig from 1.8ghz or so and up , we still need to think of our low end users (that's why the mod won't go to source)

on another note , i kind of find it hard to understand this suggestion (i usally can understand most suggestions , thou the mood i'm in now leaves me a little confused)

Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
For those FPS tweaks, they really don't matter, if more then 3-4 people are fighting it goes to ****. (And I have everything on low, "EVERYTHING", with card tweaks and all, and the game looks like crap for like a 5 fps boost when 1 person is on the map :/) But I really expect that since this game is updated so much. Though the problem could probably be fixed if the team made some smaller 1vs1 maps.. ("Good quality" 1vs1-2vs2 maps, I should note.) And a 1vs1 mode while they are at it....

There are other peeps besides the 2-3 that posted here that would like some improvement in movement. The upside swoop is another thing btw, I didn't want to mention but it is an example of restrictions.. But besides all that, I'd just like them to somehow smooth the game out just a tad bit, doesn't have to be my idea completely but this should get them thinking, I guess... -_-
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
Maybe I typed it in such a way it was too complication for you o_O. But ingame the concept is pretty easy. You just swoop like now and hold another direction and you move diagonally at that angle instead of a straight line like now.... Blah maybe I should just make a couple drawings, though I can't draw. :S

Thx

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u can sorta see that happening when u have bad ping , it looks like u r going in a digag direction

Best answers
I made a couple quick drawings but they were ****ty so I went the SS route.

What you do now if you want to get a side hit. (Move your crosshair away from the target)
Or

Some examples of what would be possible with my thingy..(No homo) *While still keeping your target in your crooshairs*

What you are limited to with sideways swoop.

A couple examples of what would be possible with my thingy and sideways swoop..

Also note how much smoother it will be when you want to float (meaning when you want to stop flying and float down to the ground). You wouldn't have to double tap to float in a certain direction (which gets annoying when you lag, because you have to tap it slower than normal or it won't work) you would just swoop then tap or hold a key to drift in that direction and unfly, vola you are now floating where you want.

I'll come back with side view screeny later, if I feel like it. And sorry if the SS are ****ty...

thx

Best answers
Jimesu_Evil said:
Nah it's cool. I belive you now, but I didn't at first. Like I said before, I've seen people do stuff like that to make it look like more people agree with them.

Please forgive me for being an ass. :rolleyes:
lol np's man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom