16 and drink in Holland or 16 in USA and drive?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, would I rather drink poison that inhibits my ability to reason if I accidentally overstep my boundries (or friends spike my drink) or drive a car that can cut hours out of my day getting from place to place. Wow that's a toughy.

Something's wrong with you if need to drink to have a good time or just to fit in. Driving is something that'll be important for the rest of your life. You can crash your car and die, but you're far more likely to do something really stupid with alcohol involved than to accomplish the car wreck.

Best answers
Or just **** everything that walks and is female and human:p

Best answers
Colgetto said:
Or just **** everything that walks and is female and human:p
???
the booze is getting to him. speak in complete sentences, please. that right there should be the answer to the question.

anyhoo, id much rather drive at 16 than drink. i mean, if i want to make myself look like an idiot, i could surely do it without contaminating myself. what do you really gain by drinking? hmmmmmmmmm... nothing.

and what the hell does ****in everything have to do with it. if youre a real pimp you dont need booze. but whatever, i guess some people just have to take the "easy" road.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personally i am strongly against drinking alcohol, and anything else that is unhealthy and can kill you faster (ex: drugs, smoking) And why would you want to kill your self by getting drunk then crashing? im 16, and i have my permit and i live in the USA, and just no. dont do it. its bad for you. so why do you want to take into your body something that is bad for you and too much can kill you?

Best answers
I think driving should be 20 and alcohol should be banned for ever, anyone making, drinking, selling, or being near alcohol should be shot on sight, same goes for inhalants and all other illegal drugs.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o.0 i like you matiasG, i agree completely well not shot on sight. but i think alcohol should be illegal. same with cancer sticks

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MatiasG said:
I think driving should be 20 and alcohol should be banned for ever, anyone making, drinking, selling, or being near alcohol should be shot on sight, same goes for inhalants and all other illegal drugs.
What are you, the alcohol Nazi? ;)

I've been driving since 16, and I've (edit) <i>NEITHER</i> (oops ;)) been involved in an accident, nor have I gotten a speeding ticket, let alone a parking ticket, my slate is clean.

I enjoy alcohol, andsometimes, I'll drink to the point of retardedness when I'm around friends who are doing the same, but that's like once a month, I'm also a social drinker, with dinner etc... but when I do get stupidly drunk, I don't enjoy it as much as driving with the windows down on a cool summers day.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's nothing wrong with a glass of alcohol a day but more than that and the health benefits start to take a back seat to buzz/toxicity. 16 year olds don't know what they're doing when they drink even if they think they do... they barely know how to drive, let alone drink alcohol. Most kids under 21 who drink do it because they think it's cool or they think it makes them a man, both of which are retarded reasons, and both reasons carry the risk of getting drunk just on principle. Kids like to get drunk because they think it's fun, but it can really **** you up, literally if you're female, so I don't support it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
What are you, the alcohol Nazi? ;)

I've been driving since 16, and I've been involved in an accident, nor have I gotten a speeding ticket, let alone a parking ticket, my slate is clean.

I enjoy alcohol, andsometimes, I'll drink to the point of retardedness when I'm around friends who are doing the same, but that's like once a month, I'm also a social drinker, with dinner etc... but when I do get stupidly drunk, I don't enjoy it as much as driving with the windows down on a cool summers day.
do you know what a social drinker is? oviously not if you get blind drunk like you say you do. Yeah drinking is the same as smoking. have fun now, pay later. But why should i care. its not me thats screwing up your life. You understand that alcohol goes to your brain, thus it destroys brain cells

PS- im not trying to pick a fight with you or anything. you just have to understand my beliefs, and i am very stronly against drinking, smoking, drugs. anything harmful to your body. including things such as soda.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Colgetto said:
And for driving a car, it costs much money and its better for the nature and yourself if you take public transport or bike, or scooter.
Very true, but when even the drive to school takes me 30 minutes pre-morning-rush, I'd imagine that the walk to school would be a bit too long to accomodate every morning. Besides, I tend to like to save my energy for focusing during classes. Hence, I think that being able to drive has come at a great time. That's why I'd vouch for being able to drive at 16 over purchase alcohol at 16....though I would like to see more people driving a bit more responsibly :(

Best answers
Who wouldn't take driving? If you were THAT adamant about drinking, there are plenty of ways to get liquor, beer, and what not through nefarious and otherwise illegal means. However, if you get pulled over driving without a liscence, that's your ass. You can at least drink in the privacy of your own home without really worrying about much.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, if you drink social, then you don't need to buy it.

For instance, my mother is from Argentenia, and it is customary to have a glass of red wine with steak dinners, and I was waaaaaaaaaaay younger than 21 (the US's legal alcohol consumption age, not just purchase age) when I first tated a spirit.

Now, driving is different from state to state in the US, some states allow marrage earlier than driving (Kentuky), others hover around 18, Pennsylvania allows a junior license only good for certain hours unless you are working past the time limit (driving cerfew). New York lets you get your learners permit at 18.

The US is far too big to generalize and some states are like alien countries (Alaska and Texas for example) having completely different moral codes and political stances.

Best answers
id definently prefer be able to drive earlier than drink earlier. Besides, u can drink whenever u want really, here in aussie you can get ur learners lisence at 16 and provisional licences at 17. im almost 18 now and if i were to just throw away my driver's lisence so many things would become so much harder. I cant say the same for the alcho in the fridge.

Best answers
I would also prefer driving, but 1 or 2 beers is also nice to drink with some friends...

Best answers
Let's look at it this way.

You need a license for driving
You don't need a license for drinking

Drinking wins. Of course, you may suffer from a hangover. Besides, ethanol is good for the blood in small amounts.

KyoKusanagi

K
Drive - its no competition. Think of how much easier your life becomes when u can drive and how much more complicated things get when u drink.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
Drive - its no competition. Think of how much easier your life becomes when u can drive and how much more complicated things get when u drink.
Lol yeah right....o_O

Then there are like 600.000 youngster in Holland who have a complicated life because of drinking o_O.

Drinking isn't really that bad....Drive on the other hand when you that young is bad.

When your 16 youre just not mature enough to drive in my opinion.(I'm 16 and I don't see me behind the wheel o_o)

Alcohol can easily be optainted, a older friend who gets your alcohol for you.

So there is really no sence that people shouldn't be allowed to drink under 18.

Best answers
Yes there is, people under 18 are far less mature and responsible for the most part. They shouldnt be allowed near either cars nor alcohol...period (theres a few exceptions granted of 16 year olds who are very mature and responsible...but for the most part theyre just a big ball of hormones and thoughtlessness).

Bolteh2

B
16 and drink in holland? O_O

i remember when i was 16 and was in holland.. i asked a vodka orange and had to show my ID card... didnt get my beloved vodka orange cuz i wasnt 18... (was 3 years ago)

and pff... i dont like cars... so i dont care if i got my license at 16... im 19 and still havent tried to get my license... the bus/train/tram are good enough for me

Best answers
i have to say that i would want both. I live in holland, and am 18 years old and now have my drivers license. Drinking from 16 is fun because you get into bars that are not only for youngsters, but i already drank beer from like 14 onwards.Anyways, i think drinking is great if you know when to stop most of the times, getting tanked is fun sometimes, doing stupid stuff and waking up with a hangover is sometimes funny and give you stories you will use years from now. Some of my biggest 'adventures' i had when i was tanked, but on the other hand you shouldn't be tanked to much. I usually dont get tanked when i am in a bar, i do drink some beers but wont get drunk, but once in so many times it is fun to really get loaded and as drunk as possible just for the fun of it. It sounds stupid but people who haven't tried it can, in my opinion, not really make a valuable judgement because they don't know what it is like to be tanked.

Last thing, i would prefer driving on my 16th because i love doing it, but if i wouldnt love doing it i wouldn't really care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom