1.3 Melee, Bring it back.

Best answers
First and last off, no I'm not telling you to re-vert. Keep everything the same as it is now, here's some changes I would like to see done.

Make the buttons more sensitive to Free-Fall, as in after done double-tap swooping, make it easier to free-fall. Yes I know its possible in 1.2 and everyone else but me can do it, but, its my suggestion and not yours. This would balance out the amount of skill from newbie to skilled player, because, if a skilled player free-falls from the sky and falls straight down to go beam jump like a queer, the swooping isnt fast enough to catch him.

Trying to think of a way to fix the speed issue, people say its too slow, some say its just right. Lets see.. Well, basically, double-tap swoop should be faster. Either that, or decrease the speed of beam jump. I know their adding SSJ2 and SSJ3 to the game, and yeah, it would be fast. But if you get SSJ2 you should be able to controll it. know what I'm saying? If your good enough to get there, your good enough to use it. Not making any comments to EVM but they did a half-ass job on speed and it wasn't that bad.

Decrease the speed of beam jump w/ turbo. <-- Says for itself, it goes way too fast now, you can't catch it with swoop now.

Tele-delay.. Lets see.. People.. I don't know what the teams view on the inbetween timer is, but, I don't like the time in between. Yeah, I did tele-script, but in the show there was no distance for where they could teleport to.... Take out the timer, its almost impossible to teleport away from a detonating beam if its right in your face. Now, to stop the script.. well. I don't know how to do that. The team put the timer in there for a reason, but.. What about a global vote on the main page? I say let the community decide.. I could go both ways.

Adv. Melee.. See, the overlook on it is basically, cool. They do cool combo's.. But.. What I would say is, people enjoy simple melee better, why? Its faster, and funner. That double hit thing is crap and I would enjoy 3 hit combos over again, without beams, but the knockback time isn't fast enough now. Someone else can hint on this one because I'm out of idea's.

Beam spammers seem to be a BIG problem now, expecially since you cant necessairly follow a person in a 16 person server without radar. What about an advanced beam system for 1.4 or some ****? Well, you did it with melee, mine as well re-do beams also! Make it so Multi-PS is fun, and fix the curvey powerstruggle crap.

Well, I'll post back later, you can get carpletunnel for doing this **** you know?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) By making freefall "easier" you're also making it "easier" for the people who fall and beam jump, so that doesn't accomplish anything new.

2.) I agree with slowing down beam jumps.

3.) Tele delay will stay although it might be reduced.

4.) People used to complain about how beams weren't used anymore and now it's about spam. I find that people use beams about as much as they did in 1.1, it's just that people try to swoop away from them instead of beam jumping or teleporting and they get hit more often.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Will free falling ever be made easier? And this may be a bit off topic but will some kind of tracking...thing...ever be brought back into esf? Trying to figure out which goku you were fighting is a b****.

Best answers
What about names over head? That always worked, in lots of games.

Best answers
Names over head would be good espically if you wanted to challenge someone im suprised that the team didnt put it in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you wanna get name crap might as well go dl a CS ESP hack, best thing for names and to see pple. And you dont have to beg the team to add it in.

Best answers
Yeah well if you ask me.. and it is possible. Make the tele time reduce with each transformation level. That would work with the show, as early on you see after images... then you see flashes... then you... you don't see anything really. If possible to do this and decrease the tele-wait for each transformation that would be great.

Best answers
that would be kool..also idk if anyone noticed but falling isnt the same as it was before...falling is somehow slower..i played 1.1 yesterday..and i tried fall swooping first i fell and in mid fall i powered up..i noticed that when i did it i powered up just fine..but i went down as i did it..not by alot..but i did go down a bit..and i tried the same thing in 1.2...and when i did it..instead of going down a bit..i just stopped..so im guessing theres a diff now..aswell as that fact that u dont fall as far as u used to with fallswooping in 1.1....and in my mind falling is slowing since swoops can catch it..so that should fix falling in that aspect aswell..but as for your ideas Dray i like em gj..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think the problem is how much is the tele delay. I think the problem is that there is a delay. ppl from 1.0-1.1 tap teleport like crazy and no matter how low it would be it will always lower the gameplay level.
That's what I think anyways.

Best answers
If a higher-transformation character had a lower tele-waittime (like in the show) not only would it stay true to the series but also add to the gameplay... I'm not sure how much of a difference a ssj3 is gonna make over a ssj in ESF besides ki. I think this adds a lil more variety and excuse the term, 'realism' to the game.

Best answers
Nonono you can't just fix it for the SSJ's, their what ruin it in the first place, all the "good" people know you dont ssj fight. Normal duels are the best. But, adding something else for the ssj2's and **** would be cool, Like the invisible melee hits in the air.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Draylock1 said:
Nonono you can't just fix it for the SSJ's, their what ruin it in the first place, all the "good" people know you dont ssj fight. Normal duels are the best. But, adding something else for the ssj2's and **** would be cool, Like the invisible melee hits in the air.
Adding the "big booms" that are in the show, would be difficult to do, seeing how they "teleport" to one spot to the next, and the team has already stated, that doing something like that won't come at a cost (Too many bugs). I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in ESF, but to me, it's just a dream. :S

Best answers
So far, Names over head, Tele-delay, Beam-jump speed, Free fall

All of these things need to be commented on, expecially by team.

Best answers
Tele-delay ..... lower it the higher you go in transformation(s)

Names over head .... Clientside option (altho it smells too much like esp)

Beam-jump speed .... yeah uh, keep the speed, adds more variety to the gameplay. (altho i would really like to see the less "real" but more "fun" beam jumps of 1.1 put back into place)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dray lock and zeonix what about my suggestion. its all about the person you cant keep track of because there is no more target. let me find the link. ah here it is. http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=494629#post494629

i say it would help a great deal it helps the "who am i fighting" problem i agree with the tele time... i say reduce it. .15 seconds doesnt sound like much. but our fingers can move quite fast. and i can really see the difference from 1.1 to 1.2 now the ONLY reason i agree with draylock here is because when a beam is shot at me. i have 2 choices one swoop away from it. or teleport away.

in 1.1 i chose to teleport away. because it was fast and ... well so fast i could tele right up to the guy and knock him back. i cant do that anymore. a lot of my former strategies are gone. leaves room for new ones but thats not my point. my point is. i want to be able to move. this .15 seconds ..it feels like a chain. like its holding me back. honestly it screws up my entire play. sad but true.

sorry draylock i cant agree with you about the "old combos" why you ask? cuz i can still do them in 1.2 ... the lag spikes sorta ruin it. but i can still do 3 hit combos just like in 1.1 it just takes a few more buttons to press. and hey you dont have to teleport 3 times anymore ^_^

i admit free falling is harder that was another one of my strategies to conserve ki. but i dont think its harder cuz of the melee or a cvar or something. i think its just of letting go of a key button and hitting another key button. instead of the mouse button to a key button. do you understand...

one last thing. honestly i dont see too much beam spamming... i do see it. just not alot. actually id have to say there was more in 1.1 then in 1.2
thats all i have to say

Best answers
Maybe they can reduce the time allowed between taps to start a swoop? Often, when falling, I try to use the direction keys to change my trajectory, and I often press the same direction twice. However, I really need to separate taps in order to not start a swoop, which breaks my momentum. If they lowered the time allowed between taps, it would make free-falling much more forgiving.

Also, on high-ping servers, this can really cause problems when coupled with the delay before you swoop.

Also, some device to help identifiy your opponent would definentley be helpful. Why not re-implement the target box, just don't force it to be in-place to use melee and make it a separate button? This way people can keep distinguish between enemies while using other attacks, as well.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also agree with the beam jump speed. But I remember how funny it was when this one guy kept spamming beams and then beam jumping away. So I did everything I could to kill that one guy. As soon as I turned SSJ with Goku, his swoop was faster than the kid beam jumping. Boy, was he mad. :rolleyes:

Best answers
The thing is fire, is that, You may bug otu and get a 3 hit combo, rarely. In 1.1, you had speed and skill, you could get a 4, or even a 5. And wow, you actually "felt" like playing it. 1.1, you get hit, hit again, and either ball'd or ki blasted with a overpowered amount of damage. Yeah, its being fixed. Wow. Doesn't mean gameplay doesn't suck. And servers with over 8 people? no. Ok? no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom