1.2 = Special Moves Idea

Best answers
I don't know if this is part of what they haven't told us, but I was wondering if the new melee system would have speciall moves?

I guess it could work something like this:

Durring the "combo input" time (which I think should be shorter .. hehe) if you input the correct sequence of directions, you will do a special move in the combo.

Like: Down, Down-Left, Left would be "Goku-spin kick"

When you put in that command Goku would do a spin kick. (not 3 moves & a spin kick, just the spin kick).

Also, you coul make it so that when you start doing a special move, the defeder could be alerted by it.. Like they would see something that would say "Goku-spin kick" pop up when it got to "Down, Down-Left". Perhapse the defender would be allowed to try several times to defend a special move after it is input. You could also make it so that if you defend against a special move, you get a chance to counter.. That way people wouldn't just use them left & right.

That way you could make each character much more individual. I mean, right now the diferences aren't huge.. It would be nice to have more. Like: "I like Friezas moves cuz they are powerful, but they so short they are easy to defend"

I dunno.. PCjoe.. watta ya think?

Best answers
man!
so good idea!!!

but how will u know what dirctions should u press to charge a combo?
i think they should put a ESF manual like in 1.1 .
and in the manual they should put the directions of every charcter...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Special moves are already planned to be implamented in 1.2 . You're a bit behind the times I see. Search back through my last few posts on 1.2 melee to see what we are talking about. They haven't gotten that far in melee production yet, but once they get there they will be looking at implamenting moves like this to increase the amount of concentration required for the attacker, to give him some kind of goal to achieve through charged melee.

Best answers
I think they gave enough, look how fast these updates came.
A week difference, in other mods it takes like a couple of years till it updates (mostly they say after a couple of years the rare *we are dead* news)

Os

Best answers
In stead of a spin kick why not start a combo then at the end of it you do like left down up then turbo you do a ki blast or a big bang attack ect. I don't know something like that...

Tell me what you think...

Best answers
this idea sounds like legend of legia on ps1 well it will be cool

Os

Best answers
Remember when Goku was fighting cell how they were teleporting and fighting if you could do something like that in 1.2 that would be cool
im not sure how you would do it but ya something like that...

Tell me what you think...

Best answers
yeah, but it would be hard to do, unless it was just an inforced animation

Os

Best answers
I guess but it would be cool cause then you wouldnt have to worry about getting meleed from behind (I Hate That)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Remember when Goku was fighting cell how they were teleporting and fighting if you could do something like that in 1.2 that would be cool
im not sure how you would do it but ya something like that
I think it would work. But the person that presses the button to teleport should be the defender to hopefully escape the combo(it should be easier if your stronger than the attacker). I think that the team can do something like that.

Best answers
yer but mayb the attacker got a quick glipse of the teleport atemp and if they didnt get it in like 0.5 seconds the defender teleported suceffuly without being followed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that would be bordering alittle into DMZ territory, many think that would be biting. But good none the less, although I am not a fan of key punching myself...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rikku - I loved legend of legia, one of my fav games :) Got some of my ideas from it.

And yeah, we're planning on putting combos in, but i don't really want to involve beams.

Best answers
I hope the combos don't work like DMZ. That game is so boring, and the models look like people in costumes. Maybe something simple like Super Smash Bros. Melee, where you hold a certain direction and press the mouse button for different attacks when locked into melee mode. I hope you guys add finishers as well that knock the opponent to the ground(like the melee now, but they would be finishers, for example, Vegeta's two handed hammer punch).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the idea!!!!!!
I realy realy hope they use it!!!

Os

Best answers
Thx guys for tellin me that it is a pretty cool idea, are the combo's going to have a end move like smashing them on the head with both your hands together and knocking them in to the ground or something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom