1.2 special combos

Best answers
Well heres what I've found

There are 2 generic combos for each char, dubbed "punch" combo and "kick" combo. The punch combo consists of entirely punches while the kick combo has 1 kick.

Both combos are no more than 4 button presses in length.

After about 1 day of practice I could pull them both off without any sort of effort, frequently pulling off 3 combos in 1 combat round. Infact, I had to try to stop myself from doing them because I had gotten so predictable.

Furthermore, there is a rumoured "unique combo" for each char, although I have not confirmed this yet, it is a possibility.

Balance wise they are somewhat unfair as your opponent has to dodge the entire 4 attacks to prevent the brutal and often debilitating bludgeoning. The more attacks he does dodge the less damage is dealed to him. At high powerlevels they are even more imbalancing , as some characters can be killed in a mere 1 round of melee combat.

Moreover, when a combo is pulled of it has a "block stun" effect equal to a heavy blow. Although understandable, it opens you up for a second combo right after. Remember even if 1 attack hits the combo is activiated. This has not been tested extensively so do not quote me on it.

On finding them:

They are lying around somewhere on the net, either video form or forumites. Other than that, just go to your local public server and follow around the guy with lots of kills. More often than not he is abusing the combos to the full extent and he is easy enough to copy.

Lastly, please if you do find either of the combos restrict your generosity to decent friends and good acquaintances. Do your part to keep this uncommon knowledge, for gameplay's sake atleast. Or if not, think how much better the average ESF noob will feel when he finds it out on his own. A true discovery that will keep him hooked for a long time.

EDIT: I've looked through all the animations for the models and indeed there are only 2 combos per character. This is confirmed.

Best answers
ok peeps this is it, there is only 2 special combinations, and those 2 combo's work for EVERY character! NO combo has more than 4 attacks. The buttons for these combo's are soo damn easy to find out just pushing buttons with your fingers even a medically ill monkey with a type writer could figure out.. Now there are some tips I am kind enough to share =) First is, you should make your own server with 5 bots, put the bots on IDLE mode and attack them, make sure force respawn is on and just search and destroy each time doing a different combo and figure it out. And the second thing isnt much of a tip but a hint... Sub-Zero, Ryu, Ken. What do they all have in common?

-There are no Class-Specific combo's..
-THere are no tricks...
-People dont want to say it out for a reason.. that is, we want to use something that not all players can mimic.
-You know you would be the same too.

Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
by the way... 48x8 directions = 384... still well below 4800.
1 in 500 isn't mathmatically impossible.
Yeah i checked and you cant just multiply them all together to figure out all the different possible combos,,,you have to do to the power of.

Its all in statistics/logistics math unit of math 12 (for us canadians anyways)

Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
8 directions... x2 attack types (punch kick).... x3 attack strengths... = 48... The only hard part would be putting them in the correct order... but oh yeah, seeing how you get to put in 6 or so directions each time you try to melee someone... (which doubles your speed and chances of finding a 3 key string combo) ... And combined with the use of common sense... oh wait, not to mention 2 days straight.... which would be 48 hours... assuming you can get into 100 (although im certain it is more than this) melee fights an hour... that gives you 100x48 which = 4800 chances to get it right.... which I am also certain is well.. well above what you need to get it...

^^ Basically that means the whole 2days straight thing and still not being able to do it is undeniably mathmatically incorrect. :|

And i'd care to wager you could figure out any combo for anygame in under 5 days (1 hour worth of playing a day).
Actually your math is a little off here. it is actually 8 directions...x2 attack types... x3 attack strengths... = 48^8 (the range frome 2-10 attacks necessary in order to start the combo. This is assuming that more or less than three keystrokes are necessary.) = 28,179,280,429,056 different combinations. Good luck.

Edit: Also assuming that pushing the same key multiple times in succession is also a possible combination.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Combos don't stun you thus far. Block breakers don't leave you open for combos (you can still press the correct keys to dodge and avoid the combo even if you take hits). There will be additional combos in future patches and releases to detract from the monotony of stringing together the same combos over and over.

Best answers
sweet... ok... when i get home from school i am going to put two hours into this...

Best answers
LOL I found something interesting....

With one of Trunks combos, it is demonstrated that the starting hit is a medium hit. However, I accidentaly did a light hit and the combo still connected. WTH?

BTW, if anyone knows, it's grOOvy who has the videos. Teaches SOME of the moves....

EDIT : And another question....when you put in a combo command, can you add some more attack at the end?

Best answers
uhm.... yes? you can even connect two combos at once... its really sweet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't want to spend days constantly trying to figure the combos out, do what i did and watch the 2 combo videos released on IRC when the party was on. This way you can look at the arrows before the attack, and which ones appear in every attack. SIMPLE !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's nothing unbalanced about the combos. The damage is nice but not -that- high unless you have an extreme PL advantage. If you know what the combos are, you can see combo spam coming from a mile away. It's true you can link three combos in the same round but hell, even people who DON'T know the combos have blocked that from me; every single hit. And yet they didn't figure out what I was trying to do.

People who don't know the combos will be smacked by them until they figure it out. If some player is throwing some three key repetition at you again and again, and you don't figure it out, then maybe you don't deserve to know! O_O

Best answers
another thing to add to the big book of combo hints and tips. Watch the movies... i sat there for like 30 minutes and figured out both combos, not to mention mastered putting them both in a melee sequence...

Best answers
people you'll really be shamed when you dont figure out these combo's, the keys follow on eachother, remember that...

Best answers
rofl yall are a little late, i already said my math was wrong but gave more reasons why it's still easy to figure out.

Best answers
I only know 2 combos
The one where u have to do a kick at the end is sometimes hard with the lag, u have the press right mouse at the same moment u release left mouse
I did 3 combos in 1 move today: my friend had no id what happened :D

Best answers
There are only 2 combos but u can do 3 i'm sure. Just repeat the same combo 3 times in a melee fight. I've done it :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I rarely can do the 2nd combo, it always turns into a punch as soon as I release, really fustrating

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just a minor note of claification

there are 2 combos and only 2 combos there arent any character only combos

and these combos are 3 directions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom