1.2 model animations....

Best answers
Im just wondering, is it true that the new animation sequences (the .smd's and so forth) cannot be compiled by Milkshape3D?MS3D is so more preferrably used. Is studiomdl.exe the only other option for decompiling/compiling models as Im quite the texturer and a getting-there modeller and MS3D is nicely efficient...

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All the models that you will be able to get will be in the .mdl format just like ALL the other half life models.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who even told you that crap?

think of it like this. If they can't use MilkShape then any anim made by milkshape would have to be redone. And I do not believe noone in the team uses milkshape

Best answers
im just goin on wot the news sections is telling me, that milkshape cannot handle the 206 or so animations sequences during compilation, and that studiomdl.exe is the only compiling option. is there a third party program which can do decompile/compiling? i use milkshape 3d 1.6.6 constantly and would likt to carry on my models and skins to 1.2, if milkshape cant handle the vast amount of sequences, and i dont have another program to compile/decompile for me (as studiomdl.exe crashes 99% of the time on my comp, perhaps out of my own ignorance for the program since im a milkshaper) im completely screwed for 1.2------GNAAAAR!!!!

Best answers
...my nick is SUPPOSED to be LIN KUEI not lin luei, as i was drunk enuf not to notice a typo in my own username so please bear with it 4 now....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is a waste of topic

milkshape handels high amounts of the 1.2 animations like that with ease.. theres no problems anywhere using it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom