Is ESF dead?

Best answers
I see updates of models and such, but the latest download I've seen is from 3 years ago and looks pretty crappy compared to the trailers I've seen. Is the project dead? Are their addons and packs for better graphics and etc. that I'm missing? If there really is content that's as good as in the trailer, why hasn't that been released as an alpha at least in the last 3 years?

I see people on the forums say things will/won't be in the Final and that the game is better than any Bandai game, but I see the opposite. I'd really like some help here.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
There is no need to release something the public will be scared off. The team wishes to finish the game fully and then release it, not as an alpha, beta or demo.

Best answers
I think the public is scared off a lot more from there not being a public release in 3 years...

And they released the Open Beta Final, which is filled with bugs, so I don't see how another one couldn't be an improvement from that. To be honest I just want to play it, the Open Beta is way too old compared to the other DBZ games both independant and official. The release shown in the trailers look fantastic, why can't we have that? :|

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there are updates(pictures, videos) then it's not dead. It will also be the last version of ESF, hence the name ESF:Final. Don't worry it won't be more than 2 years from now on. :p

Edit:
The release shown in the trailers look fantastic, why can't we have that? :|
Because it' NOT DONE YET. I'm sure you wouldn't want another unplayable,full of bugs release like the Open Beta. If you cannot wait then i suggest you take a break.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Take Black Mesa for example. they've been and still are working on their mod for over 3 years and still haven't released it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the public is scared off a lot more from there not being a public release in 3 years...

And they released the Open Beta Final, which is filled with bugs, so I don't see how another one couldn't be an improvement from that. To be honest I just want to play it, the Open Beta is way too old compared to the other DBZ games both independant and official. The release shown in the trailers look fantastic, why can't we have that? :|
You mention the open beta as a buggy version, but compared to the inteam it works like a charm. Every open beta release was a copy of what the testers were testing with the exceptions of debug stuff removed so that it actually produced more than 5 FPS. It was meant as a public bug test version. The public didnt like the idea of an unfinished version and there was ****loads of complaints about bugs regardless of how much we stated each and every release that its a bug test version.

So we released a final open beta, got the most active open beta bug reporters from the community into the tester group and continued to produce ESF as we have in the past. Inteam version only.

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
You don't know

now It can't release

you no see photo ?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You aren't entitled to anything. Don't want to wait? Don't wait. It isn't the team's responsibility to assuage your fears. Progress is being made. The game was around before your presence, and it'll be around long after you rob us of your company.

Best answers
You aren't entitled to anything. Don't want to wait? Don't wait. It isn't the team's responsibility to assuage your fears. Progress is being made. The game was around before your presence, and it'll be around long after you rob us of your company.
I'm not saying I'm entitled to anything...I'm simply asking if I'm missing things like addons or something or if there really hasn't been a release in 3 years, as seen if you read my original post.

Grega summed it up pretty nicely, hopefully it'll be well worth the wait. Also, is the 2 year thing that Tenzo said true?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Karrde has said he will finish the project all by himself if he has to if they aren't done within two years. As you have seen in the videos and screenshots posted by the development team, ESF is not "dead" at all. It is constantly being worked on, and the beta-testers have their hands full finding bugs and helping to make the game playable as they go. Right now, the game's state is not playable, and would scare people off because of the severe bugs and crashes that occur in it. The release of the 1.3 Open Beta was caused by a community member stealing the source of the mod, and threatening to release it. The development team never intended on releasing something as incomplete as the 1.3 Open Beta. In case you are wondering, beta-testing is not something you can volunteer for (with good reason - it isn't just fun and games). You will just have to wait it out - though you should already have the impression that once this game is complete, it will be the most truly amazing Half-Life 1 modification ever devised.

I doubt very much that the mod will be left unplayed because there is a lack of releases, considering the ridiculously good use of the Half-Life 1 engine.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If ESF is dead ESF website will be shut down, and they'll be attacked by miserable people who doesn't like it anymore from the moddb website, just like the ones who doesn't like DBA(lazy-idiots) and DBS(gay).

But that's not going to happen. :)

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If ESF is dead ESF website will be shut down, and they'll be attacked by miserable people who doesn't like it anymore from the moddb website, just like the ones who doesn't like DBA(lazy-idiots) and DBS(gay).
Many games/mods are dead but with still working websites. And what allows you to insult other dead games/mods? Stop posting nonsense for once.

Last edited:
Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Many games/mods are dead but with still working websites. And what allows you to insult other dead games/mods? Stop posting nonsense for once.
Really hlev? you know your brain fried you know that, its time to end this.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, it's time to end this. That's what I'm trying to do, but you rather talk about my brain than keep on topic.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Enough guyz,lets go back to topic.
The guy's got a point here,the last version release was like 3 years ago and as it is expected,most of people ask for an updated version.However realising a new version so quick(compared to the full game)would be stupid because it maybe would not have as many bugs as 1.3 open beta,but at least it will have major bugs.I really cant remember how much time you have been working on ESF:Final but i have to say that this is not easy to do,and you wont get payed or something,you just do it for fun,lets just not rush to things and be patient.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He would be completely correct judging from only the released versions. But we show stuff that kinda proves otherwise. Heck we even had a live stream a month or 2 ago.

Putting all that aside.
That post was totally uncalled for. All hlev did was point out a flaw in your viewpoint and the next thing that happens is you taking a pot shot at him. And dont get me started on how your earlier post can cause a community war if the right people get to see it. As a moderator im only giving you this 1 friendly reminder before is slap you with a real warning if you choose to ignore my advice.

And my advice is: "Think about what you wrote BEFORE hitting that post button"

We have rules on this forum and when you joined you agreed to follow them. So if you are not sure about them read them again -> http://forum.esforces.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

@Hlev You could have said that nicer you know.

Last edited:
Best answers
You guys need a massive dose of C.T.F.D. for your own good.

OT: ESF:Final is currently WIP. Release date unknown. Cannot estimate for several reasons already mentioned a ****ton of times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom