Cvars to change Swoop and Dash speeds along with Ki drain.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All credits go to joe he made this post along time ago I just thought it would be a good idea for the community to know about these cvars.

Cvar List

charge_turbo_hold_time - Default Value: 0.45
Time that you have to hold onto the turbo button for charged turbo to "kick" on.

charge_turbo_time - Default Value: 5.0
Time it takes to charge charged turbo to 100%

charge_turbo_use_time - Default Value: 16.0
Time it takes charged turbo to 'burn down' once PL starts decreasing.

charge_turbo_multi_top - Default Value: 1.75
Amount 100% charged turbo multiplies your powerlevel by. As reference, regular turbo multiplies your pl by 1.25.

charge_turbo_cap_time - Default Value: 3.5
Once let go of turbo and stop charging up the charged turbo, your pl will stay capped out for this time before it starts draining.

charge_turbo_hold_dir_time - Default Value: 1.1
Time before swoop auto launches when you hold onto a directional button while in charged turbo.

max_swoop_time - Default Value: 2.85
Maximum amount of time swoop takes

swoop_chain_delay - Default Value: 0.25
Delay between chain swoops

init_swoop_ki - Default Value: 25
How much KI it takes to start a swoop

chain_swoop_ki - Default Value: 10
How much KI it takes to do a chain swoop. Note, this amount is multiplied by the total amount of chain swoops you've done in that 'swooping session'. For example, when you first swoop, you'll only use 25 ki (above). When you chain swoop that, you'll be fined (25 + 10*1). On the second chain swoop, you'll be fined (25 + 10*2), and it increases that way each time.

max_dash_time - Default Value: 1.0
Dash equivalent of max_swoop_time

dash_chain_delay - Default Value: 0.25
Dash equivalent of swoop_chain_delay

init_dash_ki - Default Value: 15
Dash equivalent of init_swoop_ki

chain_dash_ki - Default Value: 45
Dash equivalent of chain_swoop_ki

ki_cost_pause - Default Value: 20
Taken each time you 'pause' mid-swoop/mid-dash.

swoop_speed_start - Default Value: 800.0
The speed at which swoop starts moving at

swoop_speed_end - Default Value: 1100.0
The speed at which swoop caps off at (when you swoop for the full distance, you'll be going this speed at the end of the swoop).

dash_speed_start - Default Value: 1300.0
Same thing as swoop_speed_start, but for dash.

dash_speed_end - Default Value: 800.0
Same thing as swoop_speed_end, but for dash.

KI Cost below. Keep note, the KI pool totals out at 1,000. For the 5 values below, this amount is taken every 0.2 seconds. So if the value is 10, 50 ki is drained per second. As reference, turbo takes 2 KI per update, and powerup increases 70 KI per update.

ki_cost_charged_turbo - Default Value: 10
KI cost to charge turbo

ki_cost_charged_turbo_hold - Default Value: 3
When you reach 100% charged turbo and continue to charge (pl stops increasing), this reduced amount is taken.

ki_cost_charged_turbo_dec - Default Value: 1
If you have an inflated PL from charged turbo, this amount will be taken until your pl is back to normal (goes back to turbo pl*1.25 normal, or you disable turbo and it goes back down to base pl).

ki_cost_swoop - Default Value: 12
KI taken during swoop

ki_cost_dash - Default Value: 8
KI taken during dash

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
OMFG Phobius I LOve your server's Most recent settings, Please do not change them.

1) The Game Play feals New faster and Its plane out more fun.
2) Its easy to pick up and have fun with. The New players enjoy it!.
3) The future 1v1's will be insane and i cant wait.
4) Esf team You must check out phobius's settings for a server ITS Great if not perfect and should be used for the final 1.3 settings

Best answers
Omfg!! This is perfect!! this is exactly what I need. I might move on to 1.3 after all. By the way umm, do you think you can also add the 1.2.3 Cvars in that category, so I can probably match them up?? Thanks Phobius :)

-GuZzie

Best answers
w00t! thanks Phobius :D There should be a Phobius fan club!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there a little document in the folder we can change? Or are these changes permanent ingame?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yo phobs can you post your cvars? would be cool since a lot of people liked it, maybe others can give their input

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry for the late reply I passed by this thread a lot not realizing anything new was posted. Anyways heres the cvars I used which some people like.

Swoop_Speed_Start 2000
Swoop_Speed_End 3000
ki_cost_swoop 60

Again sorry for the late reply.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice, personally myself I switched those values so that you start off fast and end slower. Because it makes more sense, in dbz sense, that you would get the huge boost right at the start. It's fun too, try it.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm interesting maybe I'll give 1300 to start and finish it with 900 and see what its like. What did you put your swoop ki cost around? I jacked mine up to 95 because you could swoop way to much before charging up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kept mine relatively low. Regardless of how far it takes you or what not, it's meant to travel distances. I thought it pretty unfair if you get there and then have to charge up right away. Kinda leaves you open to a free hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom