How to stop block whores?

Best answers
Well i understand it is a part of the game and all, but people that hold block and wait for a melee are annoying as hell! I usually try and teleport behind and melee but with an experienced blocker they just turn around....And yes, i do know there are characeters with anti-blocking things (like eyelaser and that candy beam deal)
but i want to stop them with goku or vegeta...any tips?

Edit: well i have been using the "melee and teleport before they counter" thing for a while....its just that i never knew it took of life....or ki....thank you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this may not be a big help but teleport faster:rolleyes:

Best answers
The block whore is a common problem as many people are just to unskilled to attack, and so they hold down q, or whatever block is for them, in hopes that you will make a mistake and forget to powerup. The way I deceive these pathetic noobs is I will attack them a few times and teleport away. Then, I will powerup right in front of them for a split second to make them think that they can come attack me, and so they release block and that is when you attack. It works most of the time, and then you can talk trash to them afterwards. Also, everytime they block it still hurts them, so continual attacking is also effective, just watch your ki bar. Another great strategy for confronting the block whore... avoid them and then blast them with a powerful beam when they aren't expecting it. Continue playing at your high level, the block whores almost never have positive records.

SSJ Sellout!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just attack them at big angles, like from below to above, so that you don't absolutely have to teleport away to keep them from hitting you. Just keep nailing them like that until they run out of ki (making it so they are unable to block the next hit) and drill them.

Best answers
the way i get around that is to either go above or below and attack with regular ki blasts. if 1 gets in then you have a real good chance at starting up a ki blob which will cause them to move. (or mabye not if they are near full health) if they dont then just fire a quick beam into the blob. do it all over again if you need to heh. works for me nearly every time.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just fly in front of them and block. remember, if they do not attack or counter your attacks, they do not get any pl. play with their minds or even just start to power up(even if you have full ki) so they can try and swoop or any attack which you then block(be sure you are far enough away to react to their attack.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use a lot of different approaches and I haven't been beaten by a "block whore" yet. The whole ki blast thing is definitly a fun approach... usually they get pissed and swoop at you, getting nailed by 4 or 5 more ki blasts before they reach you, and giving you time to block and knock them back into the ki blob you just created ^_^. It doesn't hurt to hit your boost button and charge up a generic blast. Hold it if they don't move right away, and let it go when they swoop at you. It'll do enough damage to make your life a little easier, just make sure you let it out with enough time to block afterwords.

Edit- On the Hawaii server just now I got a score of 99 before the map changed. 99! How jacked up is that? I wanted 100. I may never see it now. Damn-hell-ass. Oh, I also believe there is a correlation between the number of kills you have and the radius of your blasts. Seriously... on this server I was up to 45 kills (with 1 death) and when I hit super saiyan, with only 4 mil PL, I was quite literally able to take out *more than* half of esf_city with one fully charged kamehameha. People were freaking the freak out about it. Hehe... I just spammed and spammed. Boy it is a refreshing break from melee every 15 or so games. I think the guy who got second place on the server had about 74 kills less than me. It's fun being so ultimately powerful for no apparent reason, but really hard not to hurt yourself.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Oh, I also believe there is a correlation between the number of kills you have and the radius of your blasts. Seriously... on this server I was up to 45 kills (with 1 death) and when I hit super saiyan, with only 4 mil PL, I was quite literally able to take out *more than* half of esf_city with one fully charged kamehameha. People were freaking the freak out about it. Hehe... I just spammed and spammed. Boy it is a refreshing break from melee every 15 or so games. I think the guy who got second place on the server had about 74 kills less than me. It's fun being so ultimately powerful for no apparent reason, but really hard not to hurt yourself.
actually the beam blast radius depends more on pl. hurt yourself with a kiblob until you have under 10 hp, let your pl drop all the way down and shoot any beam attack and watch it have no radius whatsoever...

Best answers
the problem is not if someone is blocking the whole time. the problem is that you don't know how to attack other than by swooping. yeah you read the manual and it tells you to swoop. but wait a sec. the manual doesn't tell you everything, it's just something to start off with. you have to find your own technieques and ways of fighting, so if teleport doesn't work, try to find another way around it.
what i sometimes do is i attack then teleport right away so that they don't have enought time to counter melee) then i go at them again. or just throw a beam or ki blasts at them.

Best answers
You could just, not melee all the time, and blow a beam up in their face, or better yet, blockstruggle with them.
A game I played yesterday was very little melee, and man was it a fun game. Much more than people constantly pummeling each other and whatnot.

Best answers
FYI: People still take damage from melee when they block. I just keep teleporting and hitting them till I run out of energy. Then I energize and put my finger on block assuming they will counter. If they dont I just repeat the whole process again. Its fun cuz I honestly think some noobs dont realize they are taking dmg.

Best answers
i'm sick of people always naggin about people who use block, its an option in the game, and without it you would always lose. ITS A TACTICK people, ffs learn it...if you are skilled you can attack people who are blocking, real easy..but you rather start flaming at them then trying to beat them
i use block too, is that stupid? no, cause if i didn't i would get meleed all the time!! in the cartoon they block to, do you see them starting to call eachother blockers???!

Best answers
anyone can just hold the block button down and aim accordingly. that takes no skill at all. well, if you call holding a button and moving the mouse skill that is. therefore it gets very annoying to ppl who dont block all the time. if someone wants to simply hold down block all the time why not make a server just for them? can you imagine 20 ppl just blocking?

EDIT - i'm not saying that anyone who uses block has no skill. **** i know i use block myself but only for BSing, or quick knock-backs. some ppl on the other hand find it fitting to just hold block like their life depended on it

V'

Best answers
If anyone has been in the field as long as I have, then you know how get rid of this problem.So scince you asked for a strategy for Goku or Vegeta here it is.

1.Use Goku's Solar Flare to daze the blocker.
2.Use the Kamewave and detonate it right next to him.Not in front ,but more to the side.
3.Use Kiblast until he finaly gets mad.
4.Start Chargeing A spirit bomb and wait for them to attack.

-----Vegeta----

1.Use the ki attack trick.
2.Charge up the Galit Gun and do the same thing for Goku.
3.fly away from the target like behind a building or rock.This will get him to let his guard downn.
4.Pummel and teleport twice then recharge.

For experinced blockers-the ones that block and hit you almost at the same time-use number 3 for Goku or #1.For Vegeta,use numbers 1 & 3.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by ChannelForThePa
actually the beam blast radius depends more on pl. hurt yourself with a kiblob until you have under 10 hp, let your pl drop all the way down and shoot any beam attack and watch it have no radius whatsoever...
No no, I understand that PL has a little something to do with the blast radius, but with only 4 mil I was able to take out half of esf_city. I don't mean Cell_day or Kami's Tower, I mean esf_city, which is a huge map respectively. 4 mil PL has never given me that kind of power before, so I think it had something to do with my 45 kills and 1 death.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can also try to BS them into a wall. Piccolo has a nasty trick with his SBC. Just keep dropping them on them. I've pushed ppl with like 3 SBCs before.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Im quite new to ESF and at the moment i have experienced it to be a fantastic game. However i see on the horizion a dawn of an era where blocking is all anyone can do. Yes it may be an option but if its pissing people off then might aswell stop it.

My solution to blockers is throw a nice disc in their face, even a small one is sufficient to rip the blackest of blocking whores into 2 peices. Im pretty sure it is unblockable anyway.

Plus what is this manual i have heard so much about?

Best answers
There are too many ways to kill someone thats blocking to b!tch about it. Why do you even call them block whores? Its like calling someone in CS a glock whore. Its a very easy technique to beat.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it's more like calling someone in CS an AWP whore. A simple thing, and it's lower forms are easily dealt with, however it gets higher and higher from person to person.

My methods:

1.) Predetonation. However I play as trunks so I don't do this very often :S And also, if they're smart at all, they'll just attack you.

2.) Teleportation. Confusing them, going in from above, below, behind, the side, etc. However, sometimes they're too good at following you to get to the side. And sometimes if they see you're going from above they just teleport away and start blocking again.

3.) Solar flare. Kind of a limited technique. You're more than likely to get kicked in the face. But a "drop-by" could make it work.

The really fast ones can get REALLY annoying. You have to be perfect with your attacks. You have to make sure he isn't ready to block you, by swooping, stopping in front, and quickly teleporting away. Because if you hit and he blocks, it means you're gonna get hit back and sometimes it's impossible to tele away before the counter. That's when this game gets kind of annoying :p Of course, you can always fight fire with fire. :devil:

Best answers
The thing abt teleportation is it always works. Cuz even if they continue blocking they still take a small percentage of damage. So you can hit them 10 times and do 20 damage. Re-energize and do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom