esf trunks sword not good?!

Best answers
Not everything is exactly like in the series n tv ... :S
The modelers are trying to make it so realistic possible (like in the series) and that black, brown thing. That's a very little issue.

banned ripper
Banned
Best answers
how more detail how better
and its just little yes but there worser people then me and who'll see it 2

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The sword looks fine. While you are playing in-game you arent going to stop and say, "gee, you know. That sword just doesnt look right."

I call this knit-picking.

Scruffie

S
How about the larger issue of the sword being pretty **** up, as it is thin at the bottom and wide at the top. Now I know that Trunks sword does this, but not to that extent.

Best answers
That reference pic is pretty ****ty, it doesn't look much like him and his aura isnt supposed to be greenish, and the sword looks really small in that pic also.
The model for 1.1 is good but I think its a little too wide at the top. and BTW in that reference pic the handle isnt black, its brown (look closely) and so is the model, BUT in that pic it has gold where in the model it is silver. Small details and they don't really matter IMO.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yellow + Blue = Green. It is a yellowish aura on a blue background. As for the size of the sword, realize that he is using a longsword, not a ******* sword, and not a broad sword. Longswords are 3 to 5 feet long (his is a smaller one), and what we have coded in is more like a ******* sword, since the model is about as large as Trunks. I think the reason they made it so much larger was either:

A.) Hard to make small objects with the half life engine, or
B.) To make it visible from a distance, so you can tell he has the sword out.

Best answers
omg i cant believe ur wining about the sword not being "exactly like the TV show" man you can see how much work the wole team making a game for FREE, for your enjoyment, but as someone said earlier that is very nit picking. Who cares if it isnt exactly the right size, or isnt exactly about the right color, it doesnt matter. :\ At least you get a good smooth online game for FREEEEE, so why should you bug them. They already have a enough work as it is, exspecially with 1.1 commming out soon

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone here appreciates this game to it's fullest extent. We're just making a suggestion so that it can become better, even if by a little tiny bit. Just because people ask something to change doesn't mean they don't appreciate it.

Best answers
I tend to agree with everyone when they say the sword looks a little weird, but hey, you dont like it model your own (and im sure people will). Personally I say damn good job cant wait to try it out.

V'

Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by tha0bram
1. the skin color of the grip is not good ( not brown but black )
2. the bottom of the grip is diff. then the normal one

ok the sword grip is not black it is brown and the bottem is the same just not as high of detail as a 2d picture

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
well what do you want the team to do ? take it out? he has a sword, im happy :D even if he had a lil paper dagger, at least he had a sword!

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Scruffie
How about the larger issue of the sword being pretty **** up, as it is thin at the bottom and wide at the top. Now I know that Trunks sword does this, but not to that extent.
Could have swarn that was your 2nd-3rd time *****ing about the sword model. Unfortunetly, we do not care if its bigger on the top. If you hate it that much, edit it yourself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what only pronblem with the sword is the size and thats for a good reason,and like pc said edit when it comes out

Best answers
swords are fairly easy to model, alot of beginning modelers start out on swords and stuff. Im sure theyll be models for everything from clouds buster sword to a wet noodle to beat your opponents with,

Best answers
My question is, who is gonna be the first person to give trunks a lightsaber model for his sword :talk:

Best answers
I dont see what the big deal is... in later versions they'll fix that ***ing sword but in the mean time so u ppl dont ***** about "when is trunks sword gonna be in the game" they make it quick and simple to please u all .... geez u ppl are way too selfish and picky.. u dont think that sword skin will actually stay there through out all of esf besides sooner or later other ppl will make skins for it so i dont see the point in whining about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom