How to make ESF work on STEAM

Best answers
OK, I know people are trying to get STEAM to work, and there other mods. The STEAM site's FAQ tells you nothing you need to know. So here are some steps to make it easy for you.

First: Bind all the keys you wish to have set until the team gets the key configuration working for STEAM.

Second: Get Half-Life off of STEAM. For any third party mod's, you will NEED Half-Life

Third: Most people get this wrong and stick it in the Counter-Strike folder, you want to stick it in the HALF-LIFE FOLDER

Fourth: Start up STEAM as usually, and click games. If all goes well, it should be listed under "Third Party Games". Also, ignore the "Perparing to play Half-Life" message, it just says that for.... no reason that I know of.

Any questions?

Best answers
Yup thats what i did for ns.....BUT!
Just remember that the servers you join must be running steam if you try to join one.
If your hosting it may take a while for people to join depending on how many have steam.

Best answers
so are u SAYING i need to have the actual Game Half-life because i dont i have counter-strike

Best answers
As of now, you can get Half-Life, with out actually owning Half-Life. You can also get SP version of Half-Life, and Opposing Forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom