Melee Struggle to easy???

Best answers
Although I really enjoy the new 1.2 melee system, It appears to be way to easy (due to arrows and such) not sure if anyone has ran into this but im guessing a lot have realized it by now. The system is nice but considering all you have to do is push up, down, left, or right to win each head on and to block/dodge every combo.. I know that you can switch it up by catching them off guard and just throwing them... but whats the fun in that.

I highly respect the team for what they have done with the mod thus far, but it is just a tiny to easy of a system.. once everyone gets the idea of how the blocking and such work all the combos will either go on forever or people will only throw or beam people... I don't know but this is just how I see it... Post reply's if you consider it differently.

*edit* Also I do recognize the fact that there are "random" arrows... but thoughs are mostly obvius and are not always there to "trick up people" (like in head on's they are not always there to try and mess you up..)

Best answers
Yea, i kinda agree. the melee system is way too easy. the arrows are so easy to press, and when two good people go against each other, the fights go on forever and no one gets hurt.

Best answers
that easy ... use more medium and hard punchs ... more probavility of a ramdom arrow .. and the 2 next hits will land

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is also such a thing called knockbacks and generic balls ;) (or finger laser, *evil laugh*). When I was fighting grOOvy we got in like 3 melee struggles in like an hour and a half O_O.

Best answers
The only thing (or one of the things) I don't like about melee, is the lack of a blur on all combos. Dammit, I like the blur! Put it on everything, I say... :p

Oh, and I'd also like to be able to turn a throw around on someone, like struggle with them while they're twirling you, then just automatically (no aim) chuck them downwards. That would own. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's too easy because I can very easily imagine in the next release that focus on transformations, they can do things like make ssj2s have more random arrows and see less random arrows from others.

My only complaint--and it's not even really a bad one--is that there's no way to avoid adv. melee attacks. it sucks because there are a lot of options but none of them as good as a swoop; meaning it's difficult to catch a breather. But that's what a dbz battle should be like! And it's the strategy of constantly catching a stronger/better player offguard, giving him no rest. Fight smarter, not harder, I say!

I'd also like a client side command to add that makes my double tap time more or less sensitive, personally. That's probably in there already anyways, though; I just don't know it yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruffie said:
The only thing (or one of the things) I don't like about melee, is the lack of a blur on all combos. Dammit, I like the blur! Put it on everything, I say... :p
I agree, blurs own. Don't suppose theres any possible command or anything like that to set it, or would it take coding etc... etc... ?

Sound Artist
Best answers
The lower your fps and higher your ping, the less responsive you key presses get. With that being said you have to slow down your double taps in that environment to get a swoop. Basically wait just a little longer between the second press.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My only complaint--and it's not even really a bad one--is that there's no way to avoid adv. melee attacks. it sucks because there are a lot of options but none of them as good as a swoop; meaning it's difficult to catch a breather. But that's what a dbz battle should be like! And it's the strategy of constantly catching a stronger/better player offguard, giving him no rest. Fight smarter, not harder, I say!
I find a turbo'd beam jump works great for situations where you want a breather. Now that beam jump costs have been cut down, you can get farther having very little KI remaining.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well by all means go ahead and tell the team what it should do to make the melee harder and keep it balanced. Just saying it's too easy doesn't convince me. You can always mix hard hits with medium and light hits to make use of random arrows and block breakers and active combos. As more combos are added into play it'll be more harder to block them.

Best answers
too easy? heres a tip then... find better opponents and about the issue of two good players against each other takes forever thats the beuty of it! the old head on bounce 3 secs fights are over this is waaaay better more like the show i mean how cool would it have been if cell would have whooped goku in like 3 secs instead of an intense fight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed, fighting easy people who don't know how to fight properly is easy. Find a skilled player (it lacks in that department atm) and you'll soon be eating your words!

Best answers
i agree. when youre meleeing against someone that is clueless, adv. melee is very easy. if you get into a good fight with someone of equal or better skill, melee can become very, very interesting.

Sonic Boyster said:
more harder
and he calls himself the forum grammar nazi...

Best answers
Advanced Melee is great. Me and this "matt" guy were having some kickass fights where we were more surprised to score hits then to miss them. Lotsa fun, especially after we figured out our combos. If we were having short little shots instead, then the fights would have been soooooo boring.

Best answers
To whomever thinks 1.2 melee is too easy, see me. I will change your life.

My advice to whoever thinks advanced melee is too easy, I'll say this. Variety is the spice of life, and monotony will get you killed in 1.2. Keep going for the same thing over and over. If you're fighting a skilled player, you'll be looking at a halo over your player model a lot. I find 1.2 infinitely more intense than 1.1, personally.

Best answers
Wow well i have to agree with halorin here. I fought with Gman and Magus saturday night (i think it was saturday could have been sunday) and that was some of the most intense fighting ive had, when you get into a fight with skilled players it is awesome.

Best answers
I think it's a tad bit repetitive right now (although somehow I find myself playing for hours) but I can see with the release of 1.3 how the melee will shine. With higher transformations and more possibilitys and more combos in the next patch I can see the melee becomming more and more "advanced". I guess what I'm saying is it feels a bit too repetitive now but I can see how it would work in the long run.

+ New amazing DBZ moment every day :D

And you're right, when you play a higher class of player the battles are much less repetitive and much more intense. I mean, honestly.. have any of you ever played that stface? | Ultima2_Freeze guy? I mean he's just a beast :D (FreeDoM shush yo mouth u lucky lil... :p )

Best answers
I wouldnt mind seeing the amount of random arrows tweaked so theres a slightly higher percentage of them. Maybe an extra 5 or 10 percent. Just for regular melee not struggles to make the fights go a little faster. Nothing too major though.

Best answers
I thank it gives the game more to work for and better game play better the any dbz game i ever played the one for ps2 sucks budokia orsomething this games all other games look like a tard in my tolid.

Best answers
Melee struggle is SUPPOSE to be easy so new players can catch on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom