Hooray, Updates!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check out the new updates.

The new krillen model looks amazing, I can't wait to see it in action in 1.3. New bot editing GUI, and it also seems that we'll be seeing the new patch sometime soon, hooray for teh ESF team. \o/!!

Best answers
Krillen does look amazing, is the new bot editing thing going to be in the 1.2.1 update?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um.. No offense, but what are you smoking?

The model itself, as in the clothes and body, are good.. But that face? The skin is terrible, totally not on par with any of Smo's other models. Raiko's Krillin model that he made and posted to Esf-World is about ten times better, when it comes to the face. Seriously.

The eyes are all wrong, the dots are misaligned, the color of Krillin's eyes is the same as his skin. (Don't believe me? Watch the show.) His eyes weren't slanted, and his mouth looked nothing like that.

The body's good, the face.. needs work.

As for the bots.. Yippie?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd agree with you that the face needs some work, but it's not terrible.(I didn't realize his eyes were the same color as his skin until now o_O). The slant of the eyes is fine, are you really going to notice the slant on the tiny model while playing ESF, and the dots... the only way you'll ever see those in-game is if you deliberatley look for them. Even if it were to be kept the way it is, I'd say it's a great model. Raiko's is good, but no offense, it's no where near 100 times better. Raiko's is allright (his eyes are alos white) but I prefer this one overall.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i actually regard this face as my best dbz work yet :), either ure screen is dodgey or ure not 2 open minded :p tis practically the same as trunks and a few newer models that u guys are yet 2 see. best get used 2 it ;/

Best answers
the new krillin looks great but a little to tan imo but good none the less. what i dont get is why dont they release the windows 1.2.1 patch now lol insce im sure over 50% of their players use windows rather then linux =P

Best answers
It's just krillin looking a little grumpie

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Please keep in mind Smo has updated the face texture since then by editing the dots and some facal features. Also imho opinion it's pretty homo that the aniamtors of the show made his eyes the same color as his skin, the original creator of the serise never intended it to be that way. The artists for the anime changed it. Don't believe me? go look at some of te manga art drawn by Akira himself :).

Best answers
also u have to realize that the models are comming from strictly 2D to a 3D world...so there are going to be some small differences (like the dots being "misaligned"...they arent misaligned...they fit the curve of his now 3D skull)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it me, or is Krillin looking REALLY evil?

And SailorAlea is right about his eyes...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actualy just looks to me like the image is really low quality

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The eyes are terrible(not the color, but the shape).

His eyebrow is a block paste on his over head and the eye itself is way too squary. >_>.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i reckon the model is great, and to all u guys that dont like it who cares its krillin lol

Best answers
I got to admit, smaal foots and strange looking face.. but for the rest everything looks perfect :laff:

Best answers
Hibiki said:
actualy just looks to me like the image is really low quality
lol what do u mean low quality? the picture is as clear as a dvd movie. their just saying the eyes need be more like krillin and changed to a peach color

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eclipse said:
Please keep in mind Smo has updated the face texture since then by editing the dots and some facal features. Also imho opinion it's pretty homo that the aniamtors of the show made his eyes the same color as his skin, the original creator of the serise never intended it to be that way. The artists for the anime changed it. Don't believe me? go look at some of te manga art drawn by Akira himself :).
Oh, you mean the manga that's drawn 95%+ in black and white, and the few and far between colored shots, which show Krillin in the same way as the anime?

Yeah.

http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/furbiesareevil/manga_m.htm

There's some manga shots, you can find more for yourself.

-----------------------

Mr Smo said:
i actually regard this face as my best dbz work yet :), either ure screen is dodgey or ure not 2 open minded :p tis practically the same as trunks and a few newer models that u guys are yet 2 see. best get used 2 it ;/
Compare it to your most recent work.

Right.. My flatscreen, along with several others, and anybody's minds with something called 'perception,' must be dodgey.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

notice the eyebrows from the side, notice the angle his head is on.

notice the complete and utter ****ing ***ness that is the suggestion many of you have made.

thank you for your time.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, for one thing.. the centers of Krillin's eyes are _always_(almost always, anyway) at the outer right and left edges of the eyes, to the point of being cross eyed. As well, his very thick black eyebrows are _above_, and curved. Not a straight line along his eyelids.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
now what on earth would make me want 2 portray krillin as being cross eyed? his eyebrows are like that because of the model, please show me a front on picture of ANY dbz character with actual EYEs and not mishaped squares... if you want i can move his eyebrows above where his 'eyelids' would be.. but i really REALLY wasnt aware of dbz charcters ever being drawn with eyelids... unless ofcourse they had half open eyes.

You have 2 go with what looks good and what works with the model, your not providing crits or helping at all, your just sooking abou the eye colour and how big his eyebrows are o_O, well excuse me whilst i prove you wrong and ignore u :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom