This is not ESF anymore

Best answers
I just sat quietly playing esf 1.0 while i waired for 1.1. I think it could be better but ill get used to it.

Best answers
Better yet, you could cry about it. Because its not like the ESF team puts their time into making the game, for you, for free. Take what you can get, like it or not and look forward to future releases.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone needs to stop talking about how the last release was better. ESF is a mod in beta form. Its subject to change and get better. It needs to find its ground and focus and people need to accept that. Furthermore the team does this on their own free time. That means that they work on the game during their time and you play it during your's. I for one would just like to thank the team for the 100th time for even doing a dragonball z mod. It takes the cake and in an ssj battle it has the outright fastest gameplay I have ever experienced.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you get this working properly its alot better, i think the melee system has had a improvement, and the new attacks are ok, (cept trunks's sword, it should be blockable i mean goku cud do it in dbz with 1 finger) i like the way when u charge an attack to full it doesnt just shoot, cuz that used to piss me off, neway i think u just gotta get use to the new version dont slag it off, play it a bit, it hasnt really changes that much....

Best answers
Ok, nuff complaining about it "sucking" and "not being as you expected" remeber its only a beta, this is not going to be the last version of ESF, acually its far from being finished. So just sit tight and wait because there is lost more to come, just be happy with what you got.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cookster
Rome wasn't built in a day.
WHAT DOES ESF HAVE TO DO WITH ROME ;/

Cooksters right, it was only a small patch, no monumental changes, sit back and watch the fireworks when 1.2 comes out though. (fireworks as in a good thing...)

Best answers
Tsk tsk, it's hard for people to get introduced to fast pace fighting.
I haven't had a single problem with 1.1 Beta. And you know what?!

1.1 is the best release right now.
The beam jumping is great and fast reactions will pay off.

:yes:

And the ones that hate 1.1........... :p

Best answers
Yea, ESF is still a WIP. Complaining on how it "sucks" will not help it grow. Like Cookster said "Rome wasnt built in a day".

Best answers
I think it took to long to do the simplest of things. I couldn't do it but it just seems that it took about 6 - 7 months to do a simple patch and for 1.2 will probably take a year or longer. I'm very disappointed in it, and I think the sounds are messed. Please don't close this thread I wan't to hear other opinions of 1.1 :no:

I think 1.0 was better

Also You say it was rushed, you guys are the ones saying you were not rushing and thats why it took so long, :rolleyes:

Best answers
But pommy its a volenter mod, if there were professionals(no offence) and they were getting payed by like, lets say, funimation to do this mod, it would of be at ESF Final last year. But since the ESF-Team have lifes outside of ESF (school, hw, friends) and have very little time to work on it.

Best answers
Originally posted by FD-Nova
hum...
This Update is nice...but it destroyes the old ESF i liked so much..
Its a pity :( It doesnt make as much fun as 1.0 i think...
well thats my opinion
You're not very constructive. It would help if you at least stated what you liked more in 1.0 than in 1.1.

As for the release, i don't have a clue why we released today, and why we didn't release the 1.0 to 1.1 patch, or at least a no-mp3 version. I'm still trying to reach Masta/Greg.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
Guys you wanted 1.1 so badly that is was rushed and you are upset? Anyway all I know is that this was jsut a small patch and 1.2 is where all the big changes will be.
Thats not fair. We love ESF, how can you blame us for wanting it so bad? It's like getting a sub-par gift for Christmas; you've been waiting and waiting, MOSTLY patiently, then you open it and...what if it's not what you wanted? Can you really be blamed for feeling a bit disappointed? Free or not, people are going to have thier opinion, and can't really be blamed if it doesn't match yours.

That being said, I don't agree with people that say 1.1 is worse. It is virtually the same game, just more attacks and less bugs. DAMN I WANT LESS ATTACKS AND I WANT MY BUGS BACK I HATE 1.1!!!!:rolleyes:

Best answers
Originally posted by Pommy
I think it took to long to do the simplest of things. I couldn't do it but it just seems that it took about 6 - 7 months to do a simple patch and for 1.2 will probably take a year or longer. I'm very disappointed in it, and I think the sounds are messed. Please don't close this thread I wan't to hear other opinions of 1.1 :no:

I think 1.0 was better

Also You say it was rushed, you guys are the ones saying you were not rushing and thats why it took so long, :rolleyes:
You DO know that the ESF team isn't being paid to do this? That they are doing this on their own free time, and that they have something called a LIFE? They have real jobs that pay actual money and they also have families to attend to? Real life obligations.

"Hmm . . . I have to go to work today so I can pay my bills, but screw work, I have to go work on finishing the new version of ESF so all the 12-year-old obssessed fanboys don't yell and curse at me! My wife wants to talk about a divorce? I don't have time! I have to work on ESF!"

Geez! You all should be THANKFUL that the ESF team is willing to donate their spare time to create this game for you all to play FOR FREE!! Do you have to pay to download this game? No!! Do you have to pay for patches? NO!!! Monthly fee? NOO!!! Now just shut up and quit complaining.

If you don't like this patch, go play Counter-Hack or something.

Best answers
This is terrible. I mean... the team spent 6 months sacrificing their own free time and putting lots of effort into this and everyone starts complaining. I mean this isn't fair to the team who is bringing you this. How would you like it if you worked on something this long and got bashed for it. Id probably say to hell with you people and stop working on it. Why work on it if everyone is going to give terrible criticism. Why can't everyone just enjoy what the team has produced and wait patiently for the later versions to come out. I, personally like the changes that were made. I didn't get to play for too long though since I'm at work right now and the computers here arent really that good.

Thank you ESF team for the patch and I hope the next one is just as good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im sorry but due to this patch my fps have drop 10-15 on ALL maps :(

Best answers
Originally posted by Pommy

I think 1.0 was better

Hm... 1.1 is not the small release it was supposed to be. It fixes 15+ bugs in beta 1.0, features new sounds and animations, 1 new map, 3 newly created mp3's, 4 new attacks, 15+ gameplay tweaks, 2 major functions (multiple ps and beamjumps) and quite a few graphical updates. And while the linux version and installers were tested, we didn't sat on our asses and drank beer (at least not constantly). 1.2 might be released sooner than you think.

Best answers
Originally posted by Wing Zero 0
You DO know that the ESF team isn't being paid to do this? That they are doing this on their own free time, and that they have something called a LIFE? They have real jobs that pay actual money and they also have families to attend to? Real life obligations.

"Hmm . . . I have to go to work today so I can pay my bills, but screw work, I have to go work on finishing the new version of ESF so all the 12-year-old obssessed fanboys don't yell and curse at me! My wife wants to talk about a divorce? I don't have time! I have to work on ESF!"

Geez! You all should be THANKFUL that the ESF team is willing to donate their spare time to create this game for you all to play FOR FREE!! Do you have to pay to download this game? No!! Do you have to pay for patches? NO!!! Monthly fee? NOO!!! Now just shut up and quit complaining.

If you don't like this patch, go play Counter-Hack or something.
sorry but I'm not stupid. Its just a freeware mod just like most of the hundreds of half-life mods are. Here is a good word of advice, don't assume, ask. I noticed the beta 1.1 has problems like discs getting stuck in the ground, all the old sounds were better, a few improvements, other people in games say 1.0 was better too so I'm not alone. I may not be able to do nearly anything the ESF team can do but I have the right to my opinion which is there are alot better mods that there teams work alot faster and do alot better job. I'm not saying how hard they worked, just what I see in the mod.

Originally posted by harSens
Hm... 1.1 is not the small release it was supposed to be. It fixes 15+ bugs in beta 1.0, features new sounds and animations, 1 new map, 3 newly created mp3's, 4 new attacks, 15+ gameplay tweaks, 2 major functions (multiple ps and beamjumps) and quite a few graphical updates. And while the linux version and installers were tested, we didn't sat on our asses and drank beer (at least not constantly). 1.2 might be released sooner than you think.
also ESF I might say is better then other mods. Maybe 1.2 will be better but I just dislike 1.1. The time it took did not show enough improvements as far as I see it.

Best answers
i signed up just to post this...... guys you ungrateful sons of......... the team obviously worked hard on this mod, they obviously were pleased enough with it to release it, i've played the mod once, i thought it was great, new features were very good, and the new sounds that i heard were better than the old ones... you go to download.com and search from a freeware game on there and let me know if you can find anything that beats esf 1.1 the team could have left it at beta 1.0 and left it for ages until they were ready for a massive update but instead they worked to bring you something in between, and it is more playable than 1.0, if you don't like it, at least be constructive with your comments instead of slating the team.
good work guys and thanks for a great update, i'll be playing esf more because of this mod :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by AudioSlave
good work guys and thanks for a great update, i'll be playing esf more because of this mod :)
Of course youll be playing more... without the mod you couldnt play at all :talk: :talk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom