Zonealarm causes esf to friquntily get flush packets...help?

Best answers
when i have zonealarm on...my firewall....esf lags badly every few secs, and i can't move or do anything, but when zonealarms off....esf dosen't lag at al,in other words i keep a steady ping...instead of 80 jumpen to 3000 every few secs...with flushes....help?

also in 3 days zonealarm says it has blocked 5748 intrustions since install...and 748 high rated ones, does this give me a reason to worry?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Turn it off when you play esf.... If you are only playing esf then you really dont need a firewall.

Best answers
zonealarm says it has blocked 5901 intrusions since install,and 740 of those have been high-rated, turning it off while i play esf will get my a$$ haxed :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds to me like its confusing steam with an illegal program

Best answers
Hsu said:
Turn it off when you play esf.... If you are only playing esf then you really dont need a firewall.

what a horribly uninformed post HSU

do not leave your firewall off as even playing ESF **** can still happen. The problem is that zone alarm is a buggy pos firewall ever since the company was bought out a year or two ago.

My advice to is to buy a router if you are concerned about security.

PS: OMFG first post in months

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well you're probably not running anything expliotable...

Er, I take that back. We are talking about a Microsoft product after all. :p

As long as you have a good deal of the fixes that have been released for whatever version of Windows you have, your chances of getting h4x0red with ZA off are as minimal as they can get.

One other thing about ZA, sometimes it blocks incoming connections from legitimate services, such as when you log on an IRC network. That could be causing your blocked "hacking" attempts to go up.

Best answers
hmm...i dont use messingers or irq,and when i turned off zonealarm for a bit, internet exploer woudn't work, and people couden't join any games i hosted under warcraft 3. anything else i could try?is windows xp built in firewall very good?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zone alarm doesnt help in any way... so i just dont use it anymore

oh and... za never gave me problems while playing 1.2... it might have boosted my lag a little, for ex: 70ping w/o za - 85 w/ za

yea you know...

Best answers
i get the same problem... but my lag stays high for about 2 mins..... but i dont use zonealarm..... its just being ***....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom