Zombie Survival Mode

Best answers
Hi! As the title says, I was thinking about including a co-operative game mode that is about surviving zombie horde rounds.

Yeah, that doesn't really fit Dragon Ball Universe, but is a just for fan mode.

It can be a mode where you can't fly (zombies also can't) or where zombies can also fly. Or maybe both types at the same time (maybe some maps where some zones are hyper high gravity ones where you can't fly), and there are human zombies (can't fly) and saiyan/namekian zombies (can fly).

In zombie mode, the maps should be dark, raining ones (with the FX system should be easy).

Only 4 characters as survivors. If the zombies KO someone, you can help him and reanimate him. Maybe with senzus or something.

It's like L4D survival mode, or COD zombie mode, but with Dragon Ball characters.

Also, there can also be the Zombie Team, with 4 players too. The Super Zombies are just regular characters with Yellow Eyes and bloody textures.

I know its chances to be done are almost 0, but I think it would be fun to play with Goku, Piccolo, Freeza... agaisn't zombies, crushing them with a Death Ball, and trying not to be surrounded by them.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Where I do like the thought of blowing up a crowd of zombies from on high, I doubt the mode would be entertaining for long enough to justify making models, skins, animations, and code for the zombies.

EDIT:

Also, flying zombies would just be weird. o_O (though probably what will happen in zombie films soon, they seem to be running out of ideas).

Best answers
Where I do like the thought of blowing up a crowd of zombies from on high, I doubt the mode would be entertaining for long enough to justify making models, skins, animations, and code for the zombies.
I said it just to take some profit from the animals AI that they coded. Zombies aren't that different from animals, so with only 1-2 zombie models per type (human male and female, saiyan male and female, namekian), the animations (maybe that is more difficult, but if they can take some of the work they did before for the hits and just make the running and hitting animation (maybe some kind of "group grab" animation, because zombies wouldn't be as strong as our chars alone, but in groups they are stronger).

Also, they could make it this way:

the first rounds you have only generic beams and blasts and kikohas. Only human zombies.

the second rounds, you have a bit more skills, and maybe the first transformation (replace the BP system this time for the transformations, or make that the two conditions are compulsory, don't know). Human and Saiyan zombies (saiyan zombies can fly, for example, and are stronger, but slower).

at some point (as the game lasts as long as the group survives), you get all skills, transformations, and there are also namekian zombies (fly, as fast as human ones, and can also shoot some kikohas).

BTW, I also thought that COD zombies would just fail. Well, the players just don't say the same.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Your idea's getting better.

It would also be interesting to gradually get weaker as the zombies get stronger and see how long you could last that way. Maybe an option in the server setup or simply what happens after you've gotten all the skills unlocked, gradually losing them until all you have left is melee.

CoD zombies was fun but they are completely different types of game, and I'm all for zombies stuff I just don't want to create more work for the team. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's also add guns and giant spaceships. Maybe some Sudoku puzzles in there as well.

Best answers
Let's also add guns and giant spaceships. Maybe some Sudoku puzzles in there as well.
Nah, not guns. Spaceships yeah!! :D

Your idea's getting better.

It would also be interesting to gradually get weaker as the zombies get stronger and see how long you could last that way. Maybe an option in the server setup or simply what happens after you've gotten all the skills unlocked, gradually losing them until all you have left is melee.

CoD zombies was fun but they are completely different types of game, and I'm all for zombies stuff I just don't want to create more work for the team. :p
It's a good idea, and also have two (or more) competing teams of survivors (of 4 players each one) that have to survive in the zombie outbreak, and that kill each other. Also, using the new moves like the grab and smash to throw the adversary team members to the zombie mass (would be fun to see the zombies pushed into the air from the crash xDDD)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't want to start using sarcasm tags. ):

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Even though I love zombies, I don't think that it's possible for ESF:Final because remember you can't shoot a beam that won't explode when it will hit the target(I don't know if that changed in ESF:Final). It's not like the manga/anime. And in ESF it's not easy against many opponents and when we are talking about zombie numbers, they are always way too many.

Flying zombies? Thats weird.

Anyway in my honest opinion a zombie mode doesn't fit in the ESF world.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi! As the title says, I was thinking about including a co-operative game mode that is about surviving zombie horde rounds.

So you said you were thinking about including a coop game mode.. Does that mean your doing the work? or proposing it for the ESF team to do for you?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It should work definatly if it was implemented, but how long do you reckon for the zombie maps and how many zombies come out per wave. OR just the mechanics of it even, it would take like a 2nd team to really make this a success.

If you've played the zombie mode in combat arms, you'd know what zombie mode really is.

Best answers
Even though I love zombies, I don't think that it's possible for ESF:Final because remember you can't shoot a beam that won't explode when it will hit the target(I don't know if that changed in ESF:Final). It's not like the manga/anime. And in ESF it's not easy against many opponents and when we are talking about zombie numbers, they are always way too many.

Flying zombies? Thats weird.

Anyway in my honest opinion a zombie mode doesn't fit in the ESF world.
What is the problem? The ESF: Final beta had beams that doesn't explode, but desintegrated enemies and continued its travel, if the enemie is low health.

Anyway, if that is not of your taste, there can always be the classic Deathmatch and Team Deatmach with zombies in the ground, so you can't be on floor for too long, and can add a little more variety to the game mechanics.

So you said you were thinking about including a coop game mode.. Does that mean your doing the work? or proposing it for the ESF team to do for you?
It's properly spelled, I think. My native language is not english, so don't be so strict.

It's also good to know how the developers are open to the new ideas /sarcastic

Anyway, I will enjoy the game with or without zombies, but the more game modes, the more time the game last until becoming tedious and repetitive.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
What is the problem? The ESF: Final beta had beams that doesn't explode, but desintegrated enemies and continued its travel, if the enemie is low health.

Anyway, if that is not of your taste, there can always be the classic Deathmatch and Team Deatmach with zombies in the ground, so you can't be on floor for too long, and can add a little more variety to the game mechanics.
I didn't play ESF:eek:pen beta final with bots so I don't know if thats true.

So Grega is it true what ESCachuli said?

Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't play ESF:eek:pen beta final with bots so I don't know if thats true.

So Grega is it true what ESCachuli said?
If you get hit by a beam that would kill you with the explosion, it doesnt explode, but mearly gibs you and continues on its way to the next target.

Strictly speaking if you have 5 people in the server all at 10 HP and you shoot a beam, you can kill all of them with 1 beam and it not exploding.

So yea its true.

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So.... Like Bots in game vs all other players but in Modeled as Zombies? o_O Could be interesting..... Instead of esf it would be ESZ :eek: Earth's Special Zombies!

Best answers
So.... Like Bots in game vs all other players but in Modeled as Zombies? o_O Could be interesting..... Instead of esf it would be ESZ :eek: Earth's Special Zombies!
No.

Using Animal AI that they included (different from bots, is not the same), I think it is possible to include zombies, so you can have diverse game modes:

-Survive: 4 players vs the zombie horde in rounds. You get skills and transformations as you survive the rounds, and the zombies get thoughter. Zombies gives points.
-Inversed survive: Same as survive, but you loose skills.
-The stronger survive: Same as survive, but there are 2 teams of 4 players that must survive. You get more points if you kill the other team members. You could even grab and smash other team members to the zombies to kill them and kill zombies too.
-Survivors vs Infected: Same as previous, but one team is not attacked by zombies.
-Zombie Deathmatch: Same as deathmach, but with zombies through the map. Forget about the rounds, there are always zombies.
-Zombie Team Deathmatch: Same as previous, but team deathmach
-Patient Zero: Team Deathmach, Infected vs Survivors, the infected starts with only 1-2 players, and if Survivors are killed by Zombies or Infected, they become infected too. Game lasts until all are infected.

You can always eliminate flying to make the game more difficult, or add flying zombies, though you think it is weird. Why? If humans walk, and human zombies walk, then if saiyans/namekians fly, why saiyan/namekians zombies dont? Anyway, that is the less important thing.

Zombies should be weak alone, but must be a danger in groups, so cooperation is needed.

Anyway, Krillin and Frieza discs would be a lot more usefull than a kamehameha, for example.

Zombies (or enemies in general) could be grabbed and crushed to other zombies like a bowling game, too, what would be funny.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Zombies don't really fit in to the DBZ world, though it would be quite fun.

If DBZ accuracy is needed, how about generic Majin'd enemies? We could get around the flying block that way as well, hell, could even give em special attacks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could see hordes of Majinized people. Not zombies but a survival mode of constantly fighting a horde or Majinized DBZ Warriors and other people. That could be done through AMXX though.

Best answers
Is it really necesary to have DBZ exact accurracy in every single thing? I mean, they are adding Kannonball Z!

Anyway, Majinized people are just the same, with othe texture. So yeah, would be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom