Zombie Panic: Source

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried it last weekend, was nothing compared to Brain Bread.

There is absolutely nothing new when it comes to gameplay, almost identical mechanics but with lots of bugs. Prettier graphics don't make a games good.
And one thing that i can't leave aside : why the hell is the zombie players always hitting the enemies with hands instead of biting. Ironically, they still turn in to ones.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brainbread is fun for a while, but zombie bots aren't very fun for me. I find it more fun to go against an opponent with instincts.

In Brainbread, find an ammo chest and camp it. In ZP: Source, find whatever the hell you can, and conserve it. I love how detailed the maps are. I mainly love setting up barricades. Makes it feel more like survival, and not just running around killing as many as you can. You're actually trying to survive the zombie apocalypse.

I like the skill balance as well. A good zombie (most often a carrier) can take down 1-2 guys out of a group of 5 before getting gunned down. But that's if he's good. If he's not, he'll blow it and get killed instantly.

Humans have to watch what they carry. Too much weight slows you down and that can be really bad in close quarters against a horde of zombies. It's just fun having to think in survival mode. What you need, as opposed to what you want. That's how the game is built, and it's built damn fantastically. With a good group of players, it's easy to come up with fun strategies for surviving while simultaneously beating back the zombies until you win.

Overall, those reasons are what make the game completely ****ing awesome to me. You HAVE to work as a team, or you're guaranteed to die.

Edit: Oh, and I assume they hit you because it'd be a pain in the ass to make a biting animation that didn't look like ass. But who cares? It's fun anyway, and you're the first person I've heard complain about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How fun is it without voice chat? I don't have a mic for my PC. ;x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you really want survivalism , then wait for Left 4 Dead. It is completely based on team work and one solo course can **** the things up.
Also, to get in to mood, everyone should have mics when playing these games (LAN-party makes it even better).

I try out again, since i tried it on a French server since there weren't any else ( and also had 2 people in it as well ).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LegendarY said:
If you really want survivalism , then wait for Left 4 Dead.
Or I could, you know, play ZP: Source, since you're talking about a game that isn't even close to release. Oh, and I guess because this thread is kinda about ZP: Source... (maybe)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found myself wishing that the zombie lunge turned into human lunch, but other than that I had fun playing it this morning.

Best answers
Cool mod.I wanted to download it for long time.What do i need to play this mod,only Half Life 2 or i need CSS or something else?

Best answers
Brainbread is fun for a while, but zombie bots aren't very fun for me. I find it more fun to go against an opponent with instincts.

In Brainbread, find an ammo chest and camp it. In ZP: Source, find whatever the hell you can, and conserve it. I love how detailed the maps are. I mainly love setting up barricades. Makes it feel more like survival, and not just running around killing as many as you can. You're actually trying to survive the zombie apocalypse.

I like the skill balance as well. A good zombie (most often a carrier) can take down 1-2 guys out of a group of 5 before getting gunned down. But that's if he's good. If he's not, he'll blow it and get killed instantly.

Humans have to watch what they carry. Too much weight slows you down and that can be really bad in close quarters against a horde of zombies. It's just fun having to think in survival mode. What you need, as opposed to what you want. That's how the game is built, and it's built damn fantastically. With a good group of players, it's easy to come up with fun strategies for surviving while simultaneously beating back the zombies until you win.

Overall, those reasons are what make the game completely ****ing awesome to me. You HAVE to work as a team, or you're guaranteed to die.

Edit: Oh, and I assume they hit you because it'd be a pain in the ass to make a biting animation that didn't look like ass. But who cares? It's fun anyway, and you're the first person I've heard complain about it.
this game sounds so fun, i wish my pc was updated so i could play this game, im gonna try it anyways once i reformat my pc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom