zelda: the wind waker

Best answers
I bought this game a week ago, i got the last version in any shop i could find with the bonus games so :p to anyone else who wants it (and lives in auckland)
Anyway, what i want is for people to give me their thoughts on this game and any other zelda games. What are your favourites? Is wind waker better then ocarina of time? Is ocarina of time master quest better than the origional? Is the new look for zelda better than the old? Is it irrelevent? This sort of thing....

Now onto my thoughts on the game. I think at the moment that it is better than ocarina of time, because the graphics are several million times better and the gameplay is excellent. Also the story line is just as good, maybe a little weaker but this is definately made up in gameplay. The massive world is great, and the new instrument that Link (or whoever he is in wind waker) has is no better or worse than the ocarina. Maybe a little strange, but thats zelda games for you. Not as many side quests as Majora's mask, which is a a negative point, but it has so naby good features that it doesnt really matter. The new sword stuff in wind waker is really cool. I like it how you can do sort of counter attacks (dodges really) and the fact that you can pick up other creatures weapons is great! They have combined all of the good features of ocarina of time and majoras mask and improved many of them, so it is a great game. Tey have also avoided making it like your steriotypical mass-produced PlayStation RPG/Adventur game (which i dont like, i dont care if others do, its their loss.)

Overall, i give this game a 10/10.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorites are Ocarina and Link to the Past because of their more dark stories. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the rest, too. As for your other questions:

Master Quest is no better than Ocarina of Time, they are the same game with slightly different dungeons.

As for the new look, I think it works very well with a younger Link. It emphasizes the way that, perhaps, a "younger" hero would see the world =] If it were an adult Link, I'd say the Ocarina of Time approach would be the best to take...the graphic style is all contextual, IMO.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I like the graphics, and think the game owns totally :)
but the difficulty (its too easy) and length of the game are my main criticisms.

Best answers
do you mean that the game is too long or too short? I havent finished it yet so i dont know how long it is.
Also, yeah i agree that it is too easy, but all the zelda games are. The only thing that makes them hard is the puzzles and things like that

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Orion was hinting at it being too short. I'd agree, but it makes it less painful to play through it a second time =]

Best answers
I still haven't finished Majora's Mask :( it's been years, I got a GC and stopped playing N64. Need Celda.

Best answers
Hmm i only ever did ocarina of time, majoras mask, and on the verge of doing wind waker.
But so far ocarina of time has stayed my favourite for the story, i enjoyed it because of the story.
Majoras mask was pretty cool, a little trickier than ocarina of time in my opinion. And wind waker i cant say much other than easy fights and not knowing where im going lol.
Overall zelda kicks ass which ever zelda game it may be :]

Best answers
Heheh, how about that final boss fight in Ocarina? The most awesome boss! That game totally owned me.

almostdeleted

A
you mean gannon?

YOu fight him in wind waker too..

And yea.. the game is easy.. No real challenge for me..

I bought GC a week ago and got metroid, SSBM, and WW and Im already almost done with WW..

Best answers
Originally posted by CrackerJack
you mean gannon?

YOu fight him in wind waker too..

And yea.. the game is easy.. No real challenge for me..

I bought GC a week ago and got metroid, SSBM, and WW and Im already almost done with WW..
You do?!? I havent got up to there yet, so thanks a lot for giving it away.... Im joking, it is kinda obvious who is the bad guy in the game.
Anyway, is metroid good? it hasnt been released here but ive heard that it is the best game ever.

Best answers
how the **** can Gannon still be alive?
.... WAIT DONT TELL ME! No more ****ing spoilers >_<

Best answers
I beat the game. It was fun but I personally enjoyed ocernia of time better.

Best answers
Yeah, Ocarina of Time is WAY better than Wind Waker. Ah, the ending is pathetic, but the fight with Gannondorf is good ONLY because he blocks all your attacks(making you feel worthless), but he's still VERY easy to beat. The stupid puppet is harder than he is. Anyway, Wind Waker's story line is outrageously bad, Ocarina is the best game by far from the series.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, my favorite Zelda game is a Link to the Past. I think it had the best story line, and I enjoyed playing it the most.
I haven't totally beaten it yet, but I like Wind Waker better than Ocarina of Time so far.
Wind Waker is the first Zelda game to ever use another Zelda game as a precedent (Ocarina of Time), that makes it better IMO.
Majora's Mask was pretty good, but not as good as Ocarina of Time. I beat Majora's Mask a grand total of one time, and get bored of it fast every time I go to play it again. Only thing I really liked about that game was going and drinking the milk that gave you infinite Magic Power, and then rolling around Termina as the Goron. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
amen to that

lttp is the best zelda ever hands down

Best answers
Link to the past....
That game rocked, I can remember that game.
It had the best graphics in those days.
But most importantly, the plot was the best.

Old games are always the most original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom