Youtube rant

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
OK this is starting to slowly piss me off :s

So i was trying to check my youtube inbox because i got a mail saying i have a message (reply to one of my comments). So i go to youtube only to find there is no way to access the inbox. While im lucky enough to have the link in my browsing history, its annoying what google is doing with youtube.

First they had the side bar with a direct link to the inbox. They they replaced it with a top menu. Then the only way to get to the inbox was to go to your profile settings and now they even removed that option. The only way to get to the damn inbox is to go to your channel and use the "Analytics" link which will give you the top bar with a link to the inbox. So im starting to ask myself who the **** is responsible for this bullshit. I mean if you plan to have an inbox then have a god damn link to it thats easy to find and not have it only accessible though a direct URL or some backwards clicking though the menus.

So yea whats your take on all this and if im missing something obvious, do share ^^;

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
If we're going to complain about youtube, let me just say that they suck at buffering lately. I have what I consider to be very good internet --
-- I can stream 1080p video on other sites no problem, but it seems like half of the time I try to watch a youtube video, it will refuse to load. I'm talking about 240p videos that won't load in less than 5 minutes. It buffers 2 seconds of video and then decides that now is a good time to start playing and stop buffering. It repeats that a bunch of times. It wouldn't be too bad if I could buffer the entire video before playing, but youtube only allows you to buffer a certain amount now.

First world problems, I know, but it just seems like something they should be able to do.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the buffering thing with YouTube is my main problem with that site, and it always seems to have been a problem. Last night, I legitimately had a video load faster in 1080p than 240p. Like.. seriously? And some 1080p videos load incredibly slow for me, whereas others load incredibly fast. It's just really annoying and seems to be a consistent issue that pops up for a while and then gets fixed a couple of months later.

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega, I'm not sure why you can't access your Inbox, but I can reach mine here:

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe the interface is different in different countries? My interface looks like Viper's, I can access my inbox no problem.

--- edit ---

Maybe the interface is different in different countries? My interface looks like Viper's, I can access my inbox no problem.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea the whole side menu thing doesnt display new messages since about 2 months.

And yes i am connected with google+

Though my rant is more along the lines of. "They friggin had it working just fine, so why did they decide to change it" >.<

Last edited:
Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea the whole side menu thing doesnt display new messages since about 2 months.

And yes i am connected with google+

Though my rant is more along the lines of. "They friggin had it working just fine, so why did they decide to change it" >.<
Hmm, apparently I am connected to Google+ as well.
Have you tried mailing their support team or something?

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you sync your esforces gmail account to the youtube account? I think i had issues in the past with this. I made a new full google account and everything works fine.

--- edit ---

Did you sync your esforces gmail account to the youtube account? I think i had issues in the past with this. I made a new full google account and everything works fine.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
OK this is starting to slowly piss me off :s

So i was trying to check my youtube inbox because i got a mail saying i have a message (reply to one of my comments). So i go to youtube only to find there is no way to access the inbox. While im lucky enough to have the link in my browsing history, its annoying what google is doing with youtube.

First they had the side bar with a direct link to the inbox. They they replaced it with a top menu. Then the only way to get to the inbox was to go to your profile settings and now they even removed that option. The only way to get to the damn inbox is to go to your channel and use the "Analytics" link which will give you the top bar with a link to the inbox. So im starting to ask myself who the **** is responsible for this bullshit. I mean if you plan to have an inbox then have a god damn link to it thats easy to find and not have it only accessible though a direct URL or some backwards clicking though the menus.

So yea whats your take on all this and if im missing something obvious, do share ^^;
@Grega mine is the same as yours too. To get to Inbox I have to go Video Manager and then the link comes up on the left hand side menu thing.

Btw. You want a REAL challenge?! Try finding the Send Message button on someone's channel.

It's under their description/about section on the right hand side. You have to click the lil tiniest drop-down arrow and on top of that it looks greyed-out and there it says Send Message.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom