Your views on death...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm i have no idea about death, and yes it scares me....... im not sure wat to think about afterlife, because science tells me that conciously i am just a series of electrical pulses and chemical reactions in something labeled as a brain, wen we die, that just stops, so its logical to asume, our conciousness and thoughts stop. I find it hard to believe however that these scientific processes that make my conciousness alone are what gives me life, it doesnt make sense in my head that we could be purely a bunch of atoms. So hence why i sorta believe in a soul..... so what happens to that wen i die? thats something that i cant answer logically cuz its not of this world.... i dunno the whole thing about death is a mystery

Best answers
Death is so scary because people don't know what it's like to die until there dead. What happens after death is something humans have been contiplating and wanting to know since existence began. It's a mystery that is only known by those who have died. Why we die is one of the many questions we find out when we infact reach the gates of heaven.

Bolteh2

B
well.. i for one dont believe there is a heaven nor a hell.. both things have been made up by the Church in the middle ages..

i used to believe in reincarnation... when some1 died, his soul was taken to a baby that was born at the exact same time... but over time i realised that wasnt possible since there are more babies born than people are dying

it has to be something cuz i just cant believe that everything just "stops"

ZaZ

Best answers
I once read an interview with a woman that had been death for 40 min before she was resusciated. And when they asked her she saw anything or rembered anything, she could'nt, she remebered closeing her eyes and then open them again.

the only thing I can refer to that is a comma, so I think when you is "switching off" lie in this comma or maybe in your subconsciousness.
But I really dont know and it scares me alot to think about it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am ultra-religeous, and while I'm not going to lay out my beliefs for people to attack, I will say that I beleive in moving on after death. I will in the meantime endevour to enjoy every moment of happiness life throws my way, every moment I steal, and every moment I work and bleed for. I will endevour to survive that which chooses (or which has no choice but to) to kill me, and hope that in the end I make as many other people's life pleasant as possible. I want the same things for my enemies that I want for my freinds, and myself. I want all the people of the world to be content with what they have, are given, or take. If I can stick to this ideal for the rest of my life, I will be satisfied that my death is simply the end of a very good journey.

Bolty, you ask if people would be heroic in the face of a gun. That would depend on the possible outcomes, if my death saves others, then yes, I would not fear that gun.

Best answers
Death really is the scariest thing. There's no stopping it, and it'll happen one day..
That's why there are so many different theorys as what happens after death. Heaven, Ghosts, Reincarnation etc. People's hope for something that continues, and that their "life" does not come to an end.
No one is gonna make some super duper machine that keeps us all alive forever, because nothing, lasts forever. The closest we'll ever get is living longer (which we are already doing today.)
The more you think about it the more you'll have to regret, the more you regret the more you'll fear death
So just don't think about it at all. It'll happen wether your happy or sad. Might as well be happy and forget about it.

Best answers
We fear Death because most of us fear the unknown. I was once afraid of Death, and I went out and did plently of research on it. Once I came across with this quote -
"While speaking to life, I asked her to speak to Death. So Life raised her voice a little higher, and said 'You are speaking to him now.'" I forgot which site I found this at and it didnt mention who said it, but that is now written on my wall. You have never lived until you died, and that is a fact. Death is usually referred to as the end, but what if its really the beginning? Of course we dont know, but we all have our guesses. I do not believe in Heaven nor do I believe in Hell. I do believe that we each have some sort of energy and that this energy contributes to something in the world. Whether you go into another human being, a plant, or an animal, I believe that something inside you does get freed and goes out into the open. Needless to say I believe in spirits/ghosts, I think thats just a decision you make once you die. I do not think of Death as the end. I think of Death just as another step. Of course, we all wouldnt know until we died ourselves.

About being afraid for your loved ones, well, you may feel sorry for them but I assume we have all gone through a death in our family (not necessarily by blood) and I for one have realized that the person died, and even though I pay my respects I do not feel sorry for myself or for them. I just wish them the best of luck and that they are somewhere nice. I assume we all got over the fact that someone died that was close to us, and I think that we all do agree with the fact that someone close to us died.

To answer your question, I honestly am not afraid of dying.

(Sorry if this was unorganized, I was just writing down as things came to my head.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whatever happens, happens. There's no point in being afraid of something you can't control or predict. Dread never got anybody anywhere. There's more important things to worry about here and now, that you can actually do something about.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome." -- Jimi Hendrix

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never considered hurting when I die because I mean I'm gunna die so the pain isn't going to be there eventually. I do want my existence to go on though in some form. Whether it be a mystical heavenly body I float to or a transfer of energy to another living body. I want to feel like my exploits in this life will effect the future in some way. Thats why I'm scared and thats why I've considered the other half of it. I wouldn't say I was scared of people close to me dieing rather than really really worried. My g/f who I plan to marry has told me that she thinks shes going to die sometime in her early 40s and I told her that I wouldn't allow that. I believe in fate and destiny but by god if we don't have a grasp on either than we have no point in carrying it out.

If someone was to point a gun at my head or if I was in a life death situation I don't really think about what I do. I just do what I need to. I have been around people getting hurt and I just do what needs to be done.

Best answers
im not religious at all, and dont believe in heaven or hell. i am not really scared of dying, but i dont want it to happen anytime soon. however one thing i would like to live through is the end of the world, when every living thing on the planet dies off, along with the planet

Best answers
Death's the ultimate reality of life. It happens to everyone. The only thing you can do is live in a way that makes you and those you care about happy. Everyone needs someone/something more valuable to them than their own life. To link these somewhat unrelated thoughts... I think that if someoned pointed a gun to my head, and I knew it meant death, I would die the same way I want to live. Kick them, grab the gun, just something... but I would die under my own terms, not theirs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Death is something I don't think about too often anymore. Since it's a rather pointless topic to think about. No one knows what happens to you when you die, so it's rather pointless to think about it, since you'll never get anything out of it, all you have is what you believe in.

I myself am not religious, I don't really believe in the whole heaven and hell concept, and I don't really believe in any sort of life after death idea. When you die, that's it, your dead. Your brain shuts down, and you can no longer sense your surroundings. You're just gone. It's hard to imagine what that would be like since we are always concious as to what is going on around us. So I just don't think about it, why should I if I'll never find the answer?

And I don't fear death either. Since death can happen at anytime. You don't know when or where you're going to die, it could be fifty years from now, or in fifty minutes. For this reason I don't fear death. Though on the other hand, If I knew for certain the exact time I was going to die, I would be absolutely scared ****less. If I knew I was gonna die one week from tuesday at 12 pm, I don't think I would handle myself very well. In fact I would probably be a sad crying hopeless wreck. But fortunately, I will never have to go through that, since i'll never be given that information.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i dont beleive in heaven or hell. no religion. but i have many many beleifs of what happens to you after you die. but honestly im independant i hardly talk to anyone. when someone talks to me online they have to im me. i wont im anyone. in school or work people talk to me and usualy get a one word answer. so if a gun was pulled to my head, yeah.... id cry. id beg for mercy and try to live. i admit it. why cuz .. hell who am i trying to impress.

Right now im not afraid to die. like, its hard to explain. right now i feel like im not afraid to die. but i bet if i knew i was going to die id do crazy things let people know about my feelings. how i realy felt. and then beg for mercy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont fear death

i fear pain
i fear torture
i fear becoming a vegetable and being neither alive nor dead. a prisoner in your own body.
pretty much, things that lead to an unpleasent passing are things to be feared, not death itself.
death is a release, not something to be feared. because afterall, once youre dead, you wont care.

Tip

Best answers
Im hella scared. Like, i keep thinking what it would be like to sleep forever, not being able to do anything.. It just scares the **** outa me.

Best answers
My family are atheists and so I too have grown up that way. I do not believe that there is an almighty being who created us all and decides upon death whether we shall endure eternal torment or pleasure. My father is a spiritualist and to some extent I agree with some of his beliefs. He believes that death is just another part of life, as becoming a teenager is to a child and as becoming an adult is to a teenager.

I can't say that I fear death, I'm so curious about what happens after we shed our physical being that it's not scary anymore. Obviously I don't welcome it and I have no plans to die soon, but when it comes for me I'll understand why it's there and accept it. There's a whole new life waiting for me somewhere, and I'm anxious to live it.

Best answers
if u werea christian u wouldnt need to worry about death, Jesus made a promise and that was if u belived in him u would have eternal life in heaven :s so im not gonna say a word more accept read ur bible dudes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i do not fear dead, i fear dying without having to fight for my life.
when i have to fight do stay alive then i'm happy even if i lose and die, i alway's say: better die fighting for your live then live your life like a flower.

Best answers
I don't fear death all that much, its the way that your going to die that would be the scary part. Being shot by some mugger because you got in his way, thats a scary way of dying. There are only two ways I would ever die fearlessly. Either being an old man, dying in my sleep peacefully, or sacrificing myself to save another, especially a loved one or a friend. Before this year, I wouldn't have let myself die for anyone but my family. Now thats changed, there are alot of people I would sacrifice myself for, just so they could have a chance to live on.

"The purpose of life is to end" - Agent Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom