Your views on death...

Bolteh2

B
Well, im bored and i was talking to this guy about death...

i for one, am afraid of death... im afraid of dying, and im afraid to lose the people i love... i think id start crying if a guy came up to me and would point a gun at my head, most ppl say that theyll keep their head high and would die like a hero... i just cant seem to figure out how you can do that, if you know youre gonna lose everything, your friends, your family..
call my freaky, stupid, psychotic, but i dont believe that everything stops when you die... i believe that a person who dies will end up in a black void... and im afraid to end up in a black void

anyway, i was just wondering how you guys look at this thing called death.. are you afraid to die? or dont you mind dying at all?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not scared of losing those I love, I'm scared of not being able to know if I'll still be able to think, to move, to see, anything. I want to be able to feel and know where I am, but if I die then all my senses shut off and I can't know where I am. That would be the worst thing that could happen to me.

And you'd smell because you couldn't shower :(.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really have anything or anyone and I suck at relationships. Life sucks IMO.. so death will feel like a reward I think.

Best answers
Personally, I look at death as an eternal sleep. Its going to be nice to sleep. We all need sleep right?

Seriously though, I'm scared ****less of dying. If I died tomorrow, I would have so many regrets that I would go crazy assuming there is some sort of afterlife. If someone pulled a gun on me, I'd start blubbering like a baby. Screw dying like a hero, I'd rather live thank you very much.

If its just a black void, its going to get really lonely . . .

Best answers
Well, right now I dont really see who cares for me and who doesnt. So on that "losing everyone" bases, I'm not afraid of death. But on the other hand I do believe that anything could happen in my life. I could meet all sorts of people and in a flash, get a whole lot of people too care about and get that love in return. So on that matter I am afraid of dying. I'm afraid of what I'm going too miss you know..

On the point of live after death, I dunno. I think it just ends after this. Your life lived how you saw fit.

Best answers
really i am afriad of death. i am afriad to lose the ones i love. but if i had to..i would die for the one i love the most without question.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
yeah, thats part of my fear, ending up all alone
I'm not really scared of ending up all alone, I'm a very independant person in real life. I'm constantly alone, I'll chat with my friends when I feel like it. That's why a lot of people like me because I'm not a tag-a-long, in real life that is ;D.

And if I get bored I can talk to myself... /joke =D... or is it?

Best answers
Actually, up until I met someone earlier this year, I enjoyed being alone. I loved it, I was officially anti-social. Now, by some twist of fate, that person changed my life forever. I didn't get to see any of my friends today, and for the first time in over 10 years, I found myself truely lonely. I had a lonely childhood, I had virtually no friends, so that set me up for a life of loneliness. Now, for some reason, thats all changed. Now I can barely stand to be alone . . .

Now what will happen to me if I end up in a black void, alone, for the rest of time?

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
While not ultra-religious, I do believe theres a higher power at work in life. So, on a day to day basis, I believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

But I know what you mean, sometimes late at night I find myself really worrying about what might be on the other side. Personally I'd take hell itself rather than the void.

So.. yeah I guess I'm afraid. If someone came up and pointed a gun at my head I'd do anything, and I mean anything, in my power to make sure that my next breath wasn't the last. At 18 I'm in no hurry to discover the mysteries of death..

Best answers
Dont fear the inevidable. Everyone is going to die eventually, wether you fear it or not :)
I personnaly believe ill go to a better place where all my loved ones will be, and everything will be perfect.

Best answers
I'm not afraid of dying in any way. I believe dying is just the next step. I know none of us know what happens after death but can it really be that bad. Im sure we will live on in a different kind of form. I say don't fear death there would be no purpose in it i'f you just end up in a void. Everything in live has a purpose as has death.

Best answers
Most people fear death because they fear the pain they might go thru as they are dieing, or the pain they may cause to there loved ones. People think they would cry right before they die, but honestly you don't, you don't really think of anything, you just come to a realization that this is the end for you, and you acknowledge it. I myself have been in many life or death situations, my grandpa died in my arms, and other stupid teenage things I did. But I myself am afraid, but when I get to the point when I know it's over I just gotta accept it because death is not a choice, it is part of life. I just try to make the best of my life before my time is over.

Best answers
i'm not afraid to die for myself but my family and mate and the rest i know will all cry... that's why i don't like death... if i'm dead i can't cry because i'm dead so.... all i'm worried about is ... if i'm dead others will cry and are very sad... but i don't want that... they have to live without me then..... that's how i think about death :]
everyone who read this will think : he's crazy..... i think

Best answers
Yeah but Grieving is how people get over death. If people didn't greave someones death it would kill them from stress.

Best answers
Death isn't all that bad. If there's an afterlife, I go there, and alone or not I'll be happy. If I die, and that's it, then I won't have much time to worry about death. If I die, and go to hell, then I'll challenge the devil to a fist fight :devgrin:
Having said that, I don't want to die now, as much as I seek the knowledge of what comes after death, there's just too much stuff to do in life first.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not religious at all, and I disagree with the notion of an afterlife, Heaven and Hell, or whatever else you want to call it.
Of course I'm slightly afraid of dying, who isn't? I don't fear what will become of me after death, though.
You don't have to agree with me, but I believe when you die, that's it. Lights out. You can't think because your brain no longer functions, you can't sense anything, your "spirit" isn't channeled to another dimension, you just die, and that's the end.
It's difficult for someone to think about what that would be like, because even when we're not consciously thinking, our brain is constantly engaged in thought and functioning.
I look at it this way: when I die, and I'm reduced to a wandering entity with nothing to do but see the ones I left behind, and do some of the rediculous things you hear in ghost stories to communicate to them, then I'd rather not exist.

Best answers
taken from this book i was reading...

"the dead know nothing"

me believes that death is just a temporary sleep until, well, you know what(or do you?) happens. after that you either permanently die, or permanently live depending on how your life was.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I try not to even think about it.. when it happens it happens.. nothing you can do

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe that there is such a thing as a spirit - a non-corporeal part of the human being. If it's non-corporeal, it cannot be destroyed. Even if it is simply energy, energy cannot be destroyed - it's impossible. How this energy contributes to an after-life, I don't know. I have religion to fall back on, and I enjoy having faith in the passing from one state of existence to the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom