Your Opinion

Best answers
OK, so me and my friend are having this argument about which is better.

The Navy Seals
Or
The Marines

Personally I think the Navy Seals are better because they're used for more covert Op's type missions, while the marines are used for taking territory and such. I know thats not all they both do, but when mentioned those are the first things that come to mind. So my friend and I are having an argument about which one is harder to get into and which one's training is harder, just overall the toughest one. I say Navy Seals. He says Marines. What do you all think? Compare them both in any way you want. Personally I feel that the Navy Seals have better teamwork, strats, and are better trained. So overall they're the better soldiers, but I'd like your opinions.

And please, if you don't know anything about either of these then don't respond to the thread. Also make sure you know what your talking about, a couple citations would be nice of anyone tries stating a fact.

Best answers
You know what? You should have respect for both organizations, and accept that they're both equally crucial.

Best answers
I'm not showing disrespect to either of them, I just feel that one is harder to get into, does more dangerous things, and is better trained. I never said "marines are teh suck" I said that I think the Navy Seals are better than the Marines. So please don't try to make it seem like I'm disrespecting anyone of the organizations when I'm not. Instead of putting words in my mouth, why don't you reply to the thread with something that actually helps the topic, instead of driving it off topic.

Best answers
Mmmmm....they both have their Pros n Cons >_> But yer I'd have to agree with you Chang, I personally think the Navy Seals are better.

-GuZzie

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in order to figure out which one is better, you'd have to throw some numbers into a stats program such as yearly casualties, civilian casualties caused, successful missions vs failed missions, etc... in order to find which one is more efficient than the other.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're both as bad as one another. They're all well and good for "The defence of the home country/region/whatever" but honestly- how long has it been since they've been used for that.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best here is subjective, the Marines land beach heads and the SEALS do deep infil small team stuff. I wouldn't use SEALs to land a beach head, nor would I use a Marine to semper fi himself deep behind enemy lines to blow up a ship carrying illegal nuclear weapons exports.

It really is that simple, you are both comparing apples to oranges. A better match would be the Marines new spec ops squad vs. the SEALs.

Best answers
Honestly the Marines are a symbol of this country far more than the Seals are. While they're both respected and revered as being some of the best, the Marine Corp. was established along with the Continental Army in the revolutionary war. The Seals weren't established until 1962. Marines have participated in 99% of the most memorable battles in American history. Specifically, WWII, we're talking about the guys that raised the Flag in Iwo Jima. More recently, the battle hardened Marines do a lot of the work in Iraq (at least, much more than the Seals).

That being said, the Marines have a much, much bigger and better reputation than the Seals, in my opinion.

Be it returning home from the Pacific to praises and cheers, or returning home from Vietnam to be spit on and labeled as a murderer, the Marines have taken the most **** but have always been there for us. I think the reputation speaks for itself.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll choose marines over navy seals, but mercenaries with spec ops backgrounds are pretty amazing. 100 of them beat 10,000 rebels in some African country. That is so badass.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
100% agree with Cuc, you can't really make a factual comparison, only "one thing better than the other" closure you can get is opinionated.

then of course there's the old Navy joke:
My
Ass
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment
Sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom