Your favorite chapter book!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorite book is "Where the Red Fern Grows." ( Even though it's a bit for younger people.) It's coming out somewhere december 17 or 22 ( Of the movie). It's about a boy (Billy) who wanted coon dogs, he saves his money for years, and buys the two dogs he always wanted. The male dog is named Old Dan, and the female dog is Little Ann. They get a coon hide to train with, and enter a championchip. I nearly cried when I was got to the the second end of the book. It was sad. :'(

If I was able to give this a rating system up to ten, I would probbly give it a 8/10. It's recommended for young readers who likes dogs, but then again, dogs die on this book.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i recently read a book called eragon...took me 12 hours, its about 400 pages, and i only took so little time cos i couldnt put it down, at all....it was amazing, an absolutely perfect fantasy book, written by a guy when he was only 15 :O im eagerly awaiting the second in the triliogy :)

Best answers
OMG you read the series too Pride?

I am like 100 pages away from finishing...just can't find the time with school

I'm not sure which book is my favorite, but this is the best series of books out there for sure. Actually I could consider the whole series just one big book really.

Best answers
R fiest's Riffwar saga

Magician Apprentice
Magician Master
Silverthorn (wasn't too crazy for this one)
Darkness at sethon

there's more, but i forget the rest.

as for young reader books, i love the lloyd alexander's Book of three, The black cauldron, Taran Wanderer the high king (i think that's what it's called)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

thread pwnt

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
i recently read a book called eragon...took me 12 hours, its about 400 pages, and i only took so little time cos i couldnt put it down, at all....it was amazing, an absolutely perfect fantasy book, written by a guy when he was only 15 :O im eagerly awaiting the second in the triliogy :)
Read it too a while ago, thought it was gonna be crap... turned out really good.

I wonder if he's done with the next book?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Read it too a while ago, thought it was gonna be crap... turned out really good.

I wonder if he's done with the next book?
its due for release in august

@hibiki, hitchikers guide indeed pwns the thread.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:

thread pwnt
Quoted for Hibiki getting to it before I did :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
Hibiki said:

thread pwnt
Absolutely. The rest of the series was good, but nothing beats the original. There is actually a movie in production now, hopefully it will live up to the series.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The lord of the rings series

The books pwn the movies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim said:
OMG you read the series too Pride?

I am like 100 pages away from finishing...just can't find the time with school

I'm not sure which book is my favorite, but this is the best series of books out there for sure. Actually I could consider the whole series just one big book really.
Long days and pleasant nights, Sai Brim. Hehe.

I haven't read the last book yet. I almost don't want to. But easily the best books I've ever read, without a doubt. I knew the books were going to rule when in the first book Roland kills like that whole town full of people. lol

One day this series will be treated as Lord of the Rings is now--except with more justification.

YOu know they want to make an animated movie of it? Genndy Tartakovsky (the person responsible for shows like Samurai Jack and the Powerpuff Girls, with that "unique" animation) wants to adapt the story into a movie.

Yeah. Stephen King was like..."F that in the A." lol

My friend actually has the tattoo of the Big Coffin Hunters on his hand.

Best answers
The Tommyknockers (by far)
The Dragonlance Chronicles

The TommyKnockers is by far my favorite book, and it is the only book thus far to make me cry, the ending pwns all over your emotions.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally Posted by Hibiki

thread pwnt
ditto, last 2 books suck teh nuts but

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhh... Hatchet..?..and The River and.. Brians Winter... :| (those are the only books i've ever read..like when I was 13..)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Inakuro said:
My favorite book is "Where the Red Fern Grows." ( Even though it's a bit for younger people.) It's coming out somewhere december 17 or 22 ( Of the movie). It's about a boy (Billy) who wanted coon dogs, he saves his money for years, and buys the two dogs he always wanted. The male dog is named Old Dan, and the female dog is Little Ann. They get a coon hide to train with, and enter a championchip. I nearly cried when I was got to the the second end of the book. It was sad. :'(

If I was able to give this a rating system up to ten, I would probbly give it a 8/10. It's recommended for young readers who likes dogs, but then again, dogs die on this book.
I had to read that back in grade 6, actually. I'd hate to disagree, but I simply couldn't stand the book...just not my cup of tea.

For my fantasy-craving side, I really, REALLY enjoyed R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy (Forgotten Realms)...was quite well distributed in terms of setting the stage, then moving into character development. Highly recommended.

For humor, I haven't found a funnier book (due to my occasionally dry wit) than ****ens' "Great Expectations". At least once per chapter, something would get me laughing my proverbial "ass" off. Although, as with pretty much all ****ens' novels, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

EDIT - It appears that the swear filter doesn't like Charles D's last name >_> Ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom