You want power???

Should Power Level differences be accentuated?

• Yes power level differences should be made more noticable, but not in the ways you said

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Yes, Yes to everything.

• No, No, No to everything

• I have no opinion for i am really a chicken in a penguin suit

• Total voters
Best answers
Read before you Vote please.

Now im sure this has been suggested before if not id be very surprised, yet for some reason i couldnt find it in the search, so this is the idea.

The whole thing about dbz apart from the characters is the differing power levels and the quest to raise them so they can fight the enemy and hopefully win. Now im almost sure if goku and vegeta found out that they didnt actually have to train to beat cell or Buu, in fact all they needed to do was melle them in the back a few times when hes already preoccupied and hed be gone, they probably wouldnt have bothered. (well maybe vegeta) but the thing is you cant, and in this game you can.
i know it is annoying to be killed by a 1st former when ur 60 million or whatver, and i know people say that its just skill, but hell i can do it too, so perhaps there's not enough skill involved...?

This is what im suggesting,
Not only should speed and Hp go up with power level (slowly of course and if need be have a max, just make it much higher and obtainable not all at once) not be the same at 10 million as 500million, and the beams should continue to increase in power instead of looping, but melle from weak ppl doesnt throw you as much as it does and your offensive melle is like in the show when one character much more powerful then them they sorta appear in front of them instead of visibly flying over to them and then melleing. (so if you were say 20 feet you lock on to a weak person and your fighter teleports to them ready for the melle)
Now think about it. It would unbalance things obviously but this would only come into effect against much weaker people.
But still people will whine about coming into a room full of strong people and getting caned. So why not make it so you get power boosts depending upon who you get killed/beat. So say if you kill someone who is much weaker than you get hardly any power (which is true to the show)
wheras if you get killed by someone much stronger you get a good pl increase.
And if you happen to kill someone much stronger than you you would get a GREAT pl increase, but this would be very hard to do put still possible.
Tell me what you think, should power levels mean anything and if so how can you balance it or should powerlevels just be for show and really mean nothing at all? Also thanks to the Esf crew on their great mod. It is...great.

Best answers
I really like your ideas. The increase of HP speed and power of beams would be a nice addition, although i would keep the radius of the blasts the same size. It would become a real challenge to take someone down that has really gotten up there in power. So it could become a group effort to take down the stronger guy. I would also take out the gaining of power when someone kills you. Its major cheap to gain all this power for doing nothing but just dying. When someone gets good enough they should be really hard to take down, not just some normal guy you can just kill off.

Best answers
...thanks
Yeah, the beams probably shouldnt get to big... though that might be fun probably not practical.

Oh looks like Yes, Yes, Yes is winning

Also i forgot to thanks Melle Biatch for one idea in there, the one with the offensive melle teleportation thing.
If you like it his thread is ssj and sj i think...
Ok

Best answers
And another idea is once that is implemented you could have cool stuff like differing sizes of dots and Really crazy power up effects depending on ur strength.
Like If your 5 million and ssj, you power up, ur dot gets slightly larger, and you have a normal sized auroa.
Wheras if ur 15 million ur auroa is larger, and ur scream is slightly larger.
Until you get someone with a powerlevel of 600 million ssj2 powering up sparks go everywhere Huge Scream and Flaming aura as well as huge dot.
So smaller people would know where you where, plus the dots should appear relative to ur power so someone with a power of 2 million would appear as the tiniest dot to you (sau your on 300million) where someone with 300million would appear normal.

Also one more thing, if ur a lot stronger then someone else and powering u shouldnt be able to be hurt (like cell when he transformed then powered up they couldnt touch him) but to stop ppl abusing that u could make it, it only works if your powering ur Ki from less than half full and stops when its full.
Besides ppl around ur power level would just cane u if u did it all the time.

This isnt part of the poll im just writing it here to see what u think, so pls reply as well as voting on the original poll. thnx

Best answers
I trully like your idea about mellee...

If you are a higher pwr lvl than some one, and u swoop at em, you become harder to see... And if you are way higher than them, they should just see a teleport were u started the swoop then see u apear infront of them.. Sure it might make it hard for people just joining the game... but they can just get killed by u a few times and there on par with every one els...

Best answers
MR. Grmup i need to ask ya a question totally off topic and i know that this aint the place but are u an admin and if u are cud u tell me

A. how long have u played for?

B. when do U think Beta 2 is gonna come out?

C. wot do admins get to do?

Best answers
Well im not an admin, but i can answer question 1 and 3..

1: I have been playing sence alpha 2 was new, about januarry 2002
2: Well i would asume when it is finished :p

3: Well, they are basically people that enforce the rules of the forums, they can edit peoples posts, warn people, and even ban people. They might also be beta testers but I am not so sure about that last one..

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
it is a good idea but, u haev to think about the coding it will to maek that happen, not counting the bugs it will bring along with it. other then that, pretty close to the show

Best answers
So it would be hard then? What parts, or all of them?
Oh well i just reckon itd be so cool to do that to a weak person, just teleport right next to them and beat the crap outta them.
And they would come upto the strong poeples level pretty quick, as gump said.
I cant see how it would be that hard, i mean the teleport option is already in place, so all theyd need to do is tweak it for this purpose, and for the other melle they have somehting like if u have a lot of ki you get up really quick, well they could just add that if your a lot stronger you get up really really quick. Or something...
Looks like Yes is still winning closely followed by yes but no and i have no opinion for i am really a chicken in a penguin suit. So what about the power up idea?

Also a few ppl are voting Yes but no, can u please post ur suggestions then?

Best answers
I'd say this is an excellent idea...
But I'd like to add something... as your PL gets higher, I think your teleporting range should increase gradually as well... because obviously, if you have a higher PL, and are faster.. then you should be able to teleport a longer range in the same amount of time...

Best answers
yep, obviously.
but not too far back like u shouldnt be able to teleprt across the whole map no matter how strong u are but, yeah it should get bigger.
By the way if u vote for Yes but No can u post ur ideas.
Well what about my other ideas?
or just stick with the top ones?
And what are some of ur ideas as to how the power thing should work.
okay im going now...

Best answers
The only problem I can see is the freezer/destructo disk. I could kill someone with 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, pl with a disk, and after doing so, according to your idea, my pl would incerase dramatically, for the lack of skill required. So the disk dhouldnt give you an increase, or should be taken out of the game in generall for this idea to work.

Best answers
Lol at ur sig, bejito.
thanks for bringing that up bejito,
yeah the disk should be altered, like if ur too strong the disk just breaks on you or does negligible damage like cell against krillins destructo disks.
I think someone suggested an idea similair to that in another thread.
But dont take out the disk its cool, just change it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I said all of these things and more.When alpha was out i said all of these suggestions and they were shut down.Then i stoped suggesting:rolleyes: :cry:

Best answers
Really? Why were u shut down?
You said all of those things and more? wheres your thread, so i can read it?
Also like what add to my idea then

Best answers
I dont think weak people should be able to effect strong people at all. I mean just look at cell saga. Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien. They couldn't even scratch him while he was PSing with Gohan.

I thinkas someone gets stronger than you your attacks should doless and less damage until they do nothing at all, or maybe one damage a hit.

As it is in beta 1, power level is almost totally useless.

I think to improve beams as you get stronger they dont have to make a bigger radius than they already do, but they should fly through the air much faster so they ae harder to dodge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im to hurt to find what i said.:cry: They said it was a bad idea ALL OF THEM!!!:\

Best answers
that thing about the frieza disc is untrue....

remember, the disc is made of ki from the person controlling it...

if the person using it has weak (low) ki, then if he uses it against someone who is 50x stronger, then it wont do a damn thing..

like when krillin tried to use his ki disc against cell, cell was so strong, instead of the disc splitting him apart, he split It apart, rofl............ and then kicked the #%!#%@ out of krillin... that was the funniest thing i saw the entire saga (besides trunks getting socked by vegeta, that was kinda funny, too)

Best answers
It is true in-game. I know beacsue i've hade 7 mil and been diskced by a 1 mill knewb.

Best answers
Thats what we meant, in game its true and shouldnt be cause its not in the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom