yo mods im curious

Best answers
hey ppl like Hsu and other mods, do you think you could post a reason why your closing a topic?
cause it really makes me think why you would close a thread without a reason.
i know thre is a reason, but come on.
i want to KNOW! plz

Best answers
They don't have to, it's their job. You already have 221 posts, you shouild have figured that out by now.

Best answers
just think about it for a moment, why would a thread be closed down?

1) Spam
2) Abusive Behaviour towards members of the forums or towards to the mods
3) General rule breaking

a mod of the forums won't close down a thread without a good reason, but he or she doesn't have to say why. I know the mods and they wouldn't abuse there power as ESF Forum mods

well Hsu would :p
and Ryoko is a n00b :p hehe

You think so? *Ryoko

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no hes correct on all of them except he left out
4)dead threads brought back

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually leave a reason for closing threads, and it seems that whenever a thread is closed without an explanation why, it usually is because somebody asked a question, and then somebody answered it, and then the original poster thanked him for answering his question.

Best answers
Yeah, well sometimes on the Off-Chat section mods close topics that are new for no reason. They just decide to close it. That pisses me off, cuz there is no flaming, and it is a discussion, not a question. There was no "doing their job" part when off topic chats are closed except if ppl flame.

Best answers
{SSJ}Master, if that happens all you have to do, is message another Mod of the forums telling them what has happened, which mod closed the thread, what the thread was about etc etc, and they should forward that onto Greg that owns the forums and site or Mastasurf.

The mods now not to abuse the power they have been given.

Best answers
Thnx, in the future i think i will, but will they really go to through the trouble of opening a closed thread, i will probibally be ignored.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only post closed. when the topic just does not belong on the forums or if it is because of everyone flaming each other. I have to say about 80% of the time I will give a reason. But if you are the creater of the thread and need a reason you can always pm the mod who closed it.

Best answers
All the mods on these forums are extremely fair, sometimes to a fault. The only mod I have ever wondered about was Hibiki...I've seen him close a few threads that might not have deserved it...even a suggestion thread in the suggestions forum. Wasn't even a bad or repeated suggestion either.

BTW, there is kind of a paradox going on between the "search and post if the idea has been suggested" and "don't ressurect old threads" policy. If someone has a new twist on an old idea, what are they supposed to do? Ask permission? Seems kinda obtuse to me.

Oh, and I love my mods!:p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to off-topic.

I usually give a reason when I close a thread, unless it is very obvious, but I rarely post just "CLOSED", I usually suplement with a reason.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of the time, dead threads brought back to life are usually done so by a flame or spam, so they're closed for that reason. Unless a comment has been said that is really important, it's usually spam or a flame anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u read the thread its obvious to tell why its closed

Best answers
You dont need to know why we close it, if you wanna know why we do, then read the thread, if you still dont know, learn to live without knowing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and this officaly has no use being open

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom