Yet another poll to waste your precious time.

Who's teh coolest/ pwniest Batman or Superman

• Batman (Uber martial arts pwnage + pimpin ride)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superman (Changes clothes in a phone booth + works for the news)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lets look at this section by section.

Intelligence --
Superman : I have never heard nor seen him outsmart an opponent. If he does it is rare.
Batman : His survival depends upon outwitting his adversaries. He does it 24/7. He is always one step ahead of the bad guy. Detective ****.
Intelligence goes to Batman

Fighting style --
Superman : Bash it, burn it. Superman is all about brute strength and his powers. Take away his powers and he has to run away untill they come back. Put him on even terms and he is less than nothing.
Batman : Intense physical training. No superpowers. He makes himself what he is. Discipline. Take his gadgets away and he can still choose from any number of martial arts to render you a fool. Batman is a tough opponent on any level, from any standpoint.
Fighting style goes to Batman

Resourcefulness --
Superman : If bashing it doesn't work, bash it some more! In a tight spot? Rip something off the wall and throw it!
Batman : Always thinking ahead and preparing. Can take your strength and turn it against you. Batman is not to be ****ed with.
Resourcefulness goes to Batman

Intimidation --
Superman : The BoyScout
Batman : The DarkKnight
Intimidation goes to Batman

Interrogation --
Superman : He bashes it and sends it to jail. There is never any real problem solving with him.
Batman : He's Batman. That's his thing... It's what he does...
Interrogation goes to Batman

Superpowers --
Superman : He's invincible, can fly, and shoot various things from his eyes. He's even got ice breath!
Batman : He's human, which just makes him all the more badass.
Superpowers goes to Superman (duh)

Emotional duress --
Superman : An alien who lost his planet but arrived on earth where he found he had super powers, swore to only use his powers for truth, justice, and the American way.
Batman : Saw his parents murdered in front of him at a young age, fueling his rage and he became Batman as a result.
Emotional duress goes to Batman

Appearance --
Superman : Red blue and yellow. Bright and you can see it coming a mile away.
Batman : Grey and black. Good for stealth.
Appearance goes to Batman

Technology --
Superman : He can type and write news articles. Anything more than that would be news to me.
Batman : Batmobile. Any one of his jets, bikes or boats. His bigass computer. The whole stinking batcave.
Technology goes to Batman

In a fight (on even terms) --
Superman : No knowledge of martial arts and with no superpowers. The man doesn't know how to fight unless he can put his fist through it.
Batman : Vast knowledge of martial arts. Can use his environment to his advantage.
In a fight on even terms goes to Batman

In a fight (on normal terms) --
Superman : Would hesitate to do any real harm to Batman despite his physical superiority.
Batman : Whip out some kryptonite and Superman is toast. You know he's got it in his belt, just in case. Hell, He'd probably wear a suit laced with it to the battle.
In a fight on normal terms goes to Batman

With the ladies --
Superman : Missed out with Lana Lang back in highschool. Don't know what's going on with Lois Lane.
Batman : He's a stud both in and out of costume. Gets all the ladies.
With the ladies goes to Batman

Savvy --
Superman : Thinks that by taking off his glasses and curling his hair that people will not recognize him. Gets shot at and bullets bounce off his chest, no effort to avoid any serious blows.
Batman : Knows many languages. Is aware enough to wear a mask so no one can identify him. Doesn't get shot at in the first place, and if he does, he avoids them.
Savvy goes to Batman

I'm sorry guys. Batman is, was, and always will be cooler than Superman. It's no contest.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure if you're gonna be wholeheartedly bias. Batman will win.

Superman doesn't need intelligence, he has a size 13 boot (dunno the size but 13 is cool)
The fighting styles are completely different, you can't say one is better than the other. Superman uses brute strength, thats his power. Batman has no power and must resort to training. not very super hero-ish is it?
Again Superman doesn't need resourcefulness, but yeah I suppose Batman is more resourceful.
Intimidation: If you run away from Batman he has to chase you. If you run from Superman he's already in front of you. Superman can pick up cars and crush them, thats intimidation. You're intimidation is completely wrong
Interrogation. Batman sends them to a mental institution. :S
Super powers has been clarified
Emotional Duress. Ok so Batman witnessed his parents murder, at least he got to know them. Superman has nothing. He is a total outsider, he can't fit in with society because he is literally different. Batman when he takes off the mask is just like you and me. Superman definetly takes it for this one.
Clothing: Black spandex or blue and red tights, one is as bad as the other if you ask me.
Technology goes to Batman but once more, Superman doesn't need it.
Even terms. Don't discount Superman so lightly. Batman isn't half the man without his tools. It would be pretty even.
Normal terms. Superman by a landslide. I'm not even going to start on how little thought you put into that.
Ladies. Apart from being a stupid comparison, Superman has Lois Lane. Batman has nobody. Never has, never will. Closest thing to a woman Batman has ever had is Catwoman.
Savvy. If people can't hurt you, why avoid being hit. It's like paying $100 for a product when you can get it for $50. Its not a 'serious' blow if it doesn't do anything serious.

Combine mine and Pain's pro's and con's and decide for yourselves. I will always believe that Superman beats Batman.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Superman doesn't need intelligence. That's right. He's a giant bicep. It gets old fast.

Yes the fighting styles are completley different. Would you rather watch boxing or a martial arts competition. Superman has one style, charge in and punch it. Batman has many styles, stealth, recon, hand to hand. Batman's style is cooler any way you cut it.

Superman doesn't need resourcefulness. That's right. He's a giant bicep. It gets old fast.

Intimidation. That's Batmans whole persona. Intimidation is fear. People are afraid of Batman, not Superman. You run from Batman and you fall on your face because he threw a sling at your feet or because he already put his heel into your back because you didnt even know he was there. You run from Superman, yea he's super fast but his intentions are well known. He is not going to destroy a car. Batman is shrouded in mystery, adding to his intimidation.

Interrogation. Batman also gets information from them, a usefull skill.

Emotional Duress. Superman had parents, the Kents. He didn't know he was an alien untill he was older. He was different... that's what every teenager goes through, it's nothing special. Batman lost his parents. That **** will **** you up. It's no contest.

Clothing. Batman's actually has a practical purpose. Don't forget the belt.

Technology. Yep, Batmans the tech guy. Superman doesn't need tech. That's right. He's a giant bicep. It gets old fast.

Even terms. Superman only knows how to use his powers. He loses his powers and he is helpless EVERYTIME. Batman would win flat out.

Normal terms. Kryptonite. Superman is helpless. Batman wins. Every encounter where Superman and Batman are at odds (and it has happend) Batman has come out on top. FACT

Ladies. Supermans "got" Lois. It seems like an on and off relationship if at all. In every social situation Batman is in, the ladies are swarming him. He's the rich bachelor.

Savvy. Superman has been known to overestimate himself. Why dodge a bullet? Maybe it has kryptonite in it. He would have no idea. Everytime something is shot at him he takes it. I have almost never seen him dodge a blast or a punch. He's even died multiple times. He relys too much on his powers. Without them he is NOTHING. I cannot stress that enough.

Best answers
People, look up the meaning of hero. You don't need SUPER POWERS to be a super hero. It just means the same as hero but you save people on a large scale on a regular basis.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
Sure if you're gonna be wholeheartedly bias. Batman will win.

Superman doesn't need intelligence, he has a size 13 boot (dunno the size but 13 is cool)
The fighting styles are completely different, you can't say one is better than the other. Superman uses brute strength, thats his power. Batman has no power and must resort to training. not very super hero-ish is it?
Again Superman doesn't need resourcefulness, but yeah I suppose Batman is more resourceful.
Intimidation: If you run away from Batman he has to chase you. If you run from Superman he's already in front of you. Superman can pick up cars and crush them, thats intimidation. You're intimidation is completely wrong
Interrogation. Batman sends them to a mental institution. :S
Super powers has been clarified
Emotional Duress. Ok so Batman witnessed his parents murder, at least he got to know them. Superman has nothing. He is a total outsider, he can't fit in with society because he is literally different. Batman when he takes off the mask is just like you and me. Superman definetly takes it for this one.
Clothing: Black spandex or blue and red tights, one is as bad as the other if you ask me.
Technology goes to Batman but once more, Superman doesn't need it.
Even terms. Don't discount Superman so lightly. Batman isn't half the man without his tools. It would be pretty even.
Normal terms. Superman by a landslide. I'm not even going to start on how little thought you put into that.
Ladies. Apart from being a stupid comparison, Superman has Lois Lane. Batman has nobody. Never has, never will. Closest thing to a woman Batman has ever had is Catwoman.
Savvy. If people can't hurt you, why avoid being hit. It's like paying $100 for a product when you can get it for $50. Its not a 'serious' blow if it doesn't do anything serious.

Combine mine and Pain's pro's and con's and decide for yourselves. I will always believe that Superman beats Batman.
1) I have a size 14 boot. Whats your point?

2) Yeah.....training isnt super hero-ish. I wonder if Wolverine is considered a super hero, cause he trained quite a bit.

3) If Batman knows who he is gonna fight (which he always does), hes gonna prepare himself. That means a fistful of Kryptonite in Superman's eyes.

4) Brute strength doesnt intimidate everyone. I'd be more afraid of some guy in a bat suit threatening to cut my balls off than of someone who can crush a car. After all, if im broken into 2 pieces, how will he get information from me? Its best if he keeps me alive.

5) Yeah, poor Superman. He looks exactly like a human. I feel so bad for him :rolleyes:. If you had to witness your entire family being killed, you'd be pretty pissed as well.

6) Superman uses technology. How do you think he got to Earth o_O. He also needs a space suit to breathe in space.

7) Batman knows martial arts. Without super powers, Superman is nothing.

8) Superman has been with Lois for far too long. Bruce Wayne is constantly with women; he just likes to be alone when hes done with them.

9) Superman can get hurt, but hes too stupid to try something besides the "Fly in a straight line and get punched in the face by someone obviously stronger than you" tactic. Batman is constantly creating strategies to exploit his opponent's weaknesses.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven ur sounding like a real stooge hating on Batman coz he was born with money. I'm even gonna waste my time explaining Batman to u. You comic deprived fool. GO WATCH DRAGON BALL GT! WE KNOW U LOVE IT!
Well that was pointless, I don't hate on Batman, he's the Dark Knight, but in terms of coolness (what the thread is about) Superman has a name that makes sense, can fly and can fire lasers, Batman has the (admittedly iconic) "POW!" "SMACK!" signs. Seeing as every thread in the entire FORUM is an oppinion of the poster and not gospel, I see my views as right.

Pain, your comparison is completley unbalanced, you're listing all of Batman's strong points and then putting a rough stab towards Superman's. There's no point in saying 'if you take Superman's powers away...', you CAN'T take Superman's powers away. You can however, strip Batman of his weaponry and gadgets. Also saying that Batman probably carries kryptonite with him is a weak defence. I could say;

Red Cape:
Superman: Has a red cape.
Batman: Has a black cape.
Superman wins!

If using weapons and training to take down enemies makes you a superhero then The Army are superheroes. A superhero, as defined by the two dictionaries I checked (Websters and Oxford) require some sort of supernatural/celestial/otherworldly power. Which Batman lacks. Therefore he's not elligible to be compared as a Superhero.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Well that was pointless, I don't hate on Batman, he's the Dark Knight, but in terms of coolness (what the thread is about) Superman has a name that makes sense, can fly and can fire lasers, Batman has the (admittedly iconic) "POW!" "SMACK!" signs. Seeing as every thread in the entire FORUM is an oppinion of the poster and not gospel, I see my views as right.
Exactly don't start flaming us Superman supporters because we...support Superman?

I agree completely with Ravendust. He's basically re-stated my opinions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. If Batman had Super Man's powers, wouldn't he do even more with them than Super Man does with them? I think so.

2. In terms of clothing, Super Man looks ridiculous - why the hell would he let someone know he's coming? Sounds like a retard to me.

3. What's a super hero? Would you call someone without super powers that saved an entire city an ordinary hero?

4. Super Man is absolutely nothing without his powers, it's been showed before =/

Batman isn't my favourite hero, but anything beats Superman, seeing as he's the most pathetic hero there is to me. Someone that has only one weakness really is too pathetic, weaknesses make you who you are.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His only weakness is a little green stone thats extremely rare on Earth, that's not a whole lot to be afraid of.

Superman wants to be seen, his red and blue getup is very stereotypically bold and heroic and the 'S' symbol is a symbol of justice, striking fear into the hearts of villains that have become aquainted with it and joy into the innocent's. He has a reputation. Batman may have saved Gotham City but Superman saved the world (which includes Gotham City). Saying that if Superman had no powers or if Batman had Superman's powers, no matter how theoretically, isn't going to help. This is between them as they are, not as they could be. If Superman had no powers he'd be a regular guy, if Batman had Superman's powers, who's to say he wouldn't have become Superman?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger said:
3. What's a super hero? Would you call someone without super powers that saved an entire city an ordinary hero?
No. But I wouldn't call him a super hero. Hero is just fine. Super Hero's belong in cartoons, comics and hollywood. The whole idea of a Super Is something that is beyond the realms of normal human capabilities. Like Superman. I'm not saying that anyone can become a Batman. But its far more possible then becoming a Superman. Superman gets the status of Super Hero. In the end, Batman is just another guy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Wow, ok. You want to go into the olden days of super heros? Superman is an out of shape middle aged man who jumps in an out of windows with the help of wires. I know you weren't talking about the comic books because EVERY comic book has the "kablammo" junk in it.

Ravendust said:
Pain, your comparison is completley unbalanced, you're listing all of Batman's strong points and then putting a rough stab towards Superman's. There's no point in saying 'if you take Superman's powers away...', you CAN'T take Superman's powers away. You can however, strip Batman of his weaponry and gadgets. Also saying that Batman probably carries kryptonite with him is a weak defence. I could say;

Red Cape:
Superman: Has a red cape.
Batman: Has a black cape.
Superman wins!
Red sun. Kryptonite. Parasite. To say he can't lose his powers is just ignorant. There have been plenty of cases where Superman has lost his powers due to environment, little green stones, or enemies taking them. You need to review your facts.
My comparisons are fine, there's nothing wrong with them. Just because Superman doesn't stack up the way you'd like doesn't mean I slanted the rather obvious results.
Make your own list if you think mine was really that bad. Don't include anyting I have listed and see what you can come up with. Note that you should probably try to stray away from ridiculous items like "Who can go faster than a speeding bullet! OMFG SUPERMAN WINS!1!eleven!"

Batman without his gadgets? Happens all the time. His belt gets taken away, or he won't even use it, and yes, he DOES carry kryptonite with him.

Ravendust said:
If using weapons and training to take down enemies makes you a superhero then The Army are superheroes. A superhero, as defined by the two dictionaries I checked (Websters and Oxford) require some sort of supernatural/celestial/otherworldly power. Which Batman lacks. Therefore he's not elligible to be compared as a Superhero.
Literal defenitions aside. The superhero world considers Batman a superhero. End story.
Now if you think being born with superhuman powers is cooler than pushing yourself to the limit and beyond, actually MAKING yourself what you are, well what can I say. You are entitled to your opinion.

Ravendust said:
His only weakness is a little green stone thats extremely rare on Earth, that's not a whole lot to be afraid of.
You must be joking. First of all, it's not his only weakness. Secondly, Lex Luthor gets a chunk every other day. It's not hard to find for people that want Superman dead.
I already stated above that superman has plenty of weaknesses. He relies too much on his powers. Without them he is defenceless and has to wait untill he has regained them to achieve victory.
On a sidenote, Doomsday killed him with no use of any of his weaknesses.

Ravendust said:
If Superman had no powers he'd be a regular guy, if Batman had Superman's powers, who's to say he wouldn't have become Superman?
If Superman had no powers would he be Batman? No
If Batman had super powers would he be Superman? Yes

It's a lot harder to be Batman. Cool factor.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Have a cry. Read ALL ur posts. Ur flamin the Dark Knight. And i was just excercising my right to an opinion in my "flame". You got burned bezatch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SPIDER-BITE said:
Have a cry. Read ALL ur posts. Ur flamin the Dark Knight. And i was just excercising my right to an opinion in my "flame". You got burned bezatch.
Have your opinion, but I think you were flaming him with the DBGT thing.

I also think Superman is cooler than Batman. Are you gonna say I've been flaming the dark knight?
Ravendust is entitled to his opinions as are you. Don't get the thread closed, I enjoy discussing this.

@ Pain: You'r comparisons were completely biased. You spoke nothing of Supermans strengths and listed all his weaknesses and at the same time you listed all of Batmans strengths and 'forgot' his weaknesses perhaps.

Without his belt and other gadgets. Batman struggles to save the day. Similar to Superman who struggles when he has no powers.

How many people want to kill Superman? and have the kryptonite to do it 5? 10? Compare this number to the number of people IN THE WORLD. You'll see what Ravendust means with kryptonite being rare.

Ravendust said:
Saying that if Superman had no powers or if Batman had Superman's powers, no matter how theoretically, isn't going to help. This is between them as they are, not as they could be.
Agreed. Stop with the hypotheticals Judge each fighter as they are. Not as how the could be.
I mean, If Superman got mutated by the Shredder and turned into a giant teenage mutant Superman with a utility belt he'd be the best in the world! :S

Best answers
Never looked at the comics but from TV and movies, it was close but

Batman > Superman.

Well for the most part anyway, the last few batman movies never lived up to the first couple.

Best answers
Hey everyone settle down before Pain pwns you in the side of the head....oh wait he already did that like a billion times. 10 points to Pain for tactical deplyment of uber intelligience "he's obviously done this before".

Batman and Pain team up for teh win!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taurus 2112 said:
Hey everyone settle down before Pain pwns you in the side of the head....oh wait he already did that like a billion times. 10 points to Pain for tactical deplyment of uber intelligience "he's obviously done this before".

Batman and Pain team up for teh win!
lol
Well thanks for the support :yes:

I've already stated why I think Batman is cooler. I've came up with a list that I thought was fair for the most part. Those are basic questions you could ask of anybody. They say I am biased, and while it may be true, I've been able to refute their arguments to a point where that's all they can say.

Please, make a comparison of your own if you are so convinced I did it wrong.
Remember that both parties should be able to be judged. Saying something like "Who can fly faster" is a bull**** question.

Rocky87 said:
@ Pain: You'r comparisons were completely biased. You spoke nothing of Supermans strengths and listed all his weaknesses and at the same time you listed all of Batmans strengths and 'forgot' his weaknesses perhaps.
Supermans strength I made very clear. You see, he has only ONE strength. His powers. As for Batmans weakness, He's a mere man as you pointed out yourself. I didn't think I'd have to spell out for you what he is susceptible to. EVEN THOUGH he is mortal he does great things. I count that as a strength, not a weakness.

Rocky87 said:
Without his belt and other gadgets. Batman struggles to save the day. Similar to Superman who struggles when he has no powers.
Yes, it's true, they both struggle. The only difference is, Batman doesn't need to get his gadgets back to win. Superman on the other hand CANNOT win unless he has his powers.

Rocky87 said:
Agreed. Stop with the hypotheticals Judge each fighter as they are. Not as how the could be.
I did not make up the situations I listed. Each of them has happend at least once.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just wanted to point out that in the last superman movie, superman got his ass handed to him by his clone...BIG TIME, and that was without kryptonite.

that movie was also shot in the city i live in....which DEFINATELY makes batman better...they chose his location to be outside of milton keynes >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're gonna have to agree to disagree. I clearly can't change your mind and you clearly can't change mine. I'm out numbered here anyway. I think you guys are gonna beat me up after school for my beliefs anyway.

In my opinion Superman is better than Batman. I've stated why somewhere above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom