Xbox Games - Cheap Material

Best answers
Well i dont know if this has been brought up before but here it is anyway..

I've had my Xbox for about 2 years now and everythings been working really well, but lately its been starting to piss me off.

When I first got it I went crazy and bought a bunch of games (old ones like Halo etc) then those kept me satisfied for quite a while. Then i started buying new games, sometimes i had to eject and put them back in to work.

But now i've recently bought Fable about a week ago and it sometimes takes me ten tries until my Xbox finally tries to read it. OMG!! And then when i put back my old Halo in and try it, it works fine and i just keep trying it and it never fails to read it.

This problem has also been happening with my copy of Halo 2 and my discs are clean of scratches and dust etc because i take good care of them.

Is Microsoft using cheaper materials to make discs which don't work on older Xboxes? I certainly hope not, if anybody is having this problem please add, Thank you.

Best answers
Well, Microsoft made 3 different versions of the XBOX. What's the differance? Each one has a different DVD rom in it. First generation XBOX's IIRC use a crappy DVD rom that fails to read newer games such as Fable. 2 of my friends went through this problem and eventually just had to buy new XBOX's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So much for that theory of universal compatibility with your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom