X-Men Origins: Wolverine

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gambit and emma frost weren't even alive back then.

deadpool didn't become "weapon XI".

**** this movie sucked =/

edit: if they do a deadpool spinoff, then i'm looking forward to him breaking the fourth wall in every shot tbh.
I wonder if it's just a cameo fest myself... and if there really is no plot direction.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gambit and emma frost weren't even alive back then.

deadpool didn't become "weapon XI".

**** this movie sucked =/

edit: if they do a deadpool spinoff, then i'm looking forward to him breaking the fourth wall in every shot tbh.
Looks like they pushed the Weapon X program ahead in time, but I can forgive that. I can also forgive a little bit of the tampering with powers like Gambit's as well since it gave him a bit of flair that still fits the character. And sure, Emma Frost was first a powerful Psychic before she could do the whole Diamond Skin deal, but that's forgiveable too. I can also forgive Sabretooth and Wolverine's brotherhood since it adds a little depth to their rivalry.

I just hate when they royally screw up on a character's personality like they did with Deadpool. At the beginning when he was prettyboy Wade Wilson, I liked it. I wanted to see more of him in action and more of his quips. Hell, I would have accepted the way he ended up if they didn't take his damn mouth just for a joke about him finally shutting up.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was... poor, not abysmal, but almost there. Forgiving the inaccuracies to the marvel universe, however blatant and horrible they were, some of the biggest parts of the story got given the most laziest attention. In particular, his memory loss, seemed like they rushed through the entire movie and thought "**** we forgot he has to lose his memory", and then put something together in 5 minutes. I also was left feeling that they missed out on a brilliant chance for character development by skipping from a short scene as a kid all the way to the Vietnam war. Instead of a montage, they had the opportunity to show his actual origins, to show his coming of age, and also show more of how his brother was becoming more and more unstable, and the relationship they had. As it was, his past was really weakly done and inevitably lead to a weak portrayal of the lead protagonist and lead antagonist.

It's weird because I quite liked Jackmans performance, if he had a better iteration of the story, and some less cameo and more content, this would've made a great movie, but as it was, it fell short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom