wtf ? ESF Adware Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (try saying that)
Ok, two things.

1) they WANT you to try and shut down their site. It's all in a good days fun for them.
2) You can take very serious legal action against them. As long as credit for the original idea of DBZ added into ESF, and as long as ESF remains free, ESF CANNOT be shut down. It is impossible. All, you have to do, is find every admin on that site, send him a warning message that he has three days to respond before you take legal action against that site. If no one responds, go ahead and take legal action. Plus the original creators of DBZ wouldn't even dare give themselves a bad name by shutting down a free third-party mod.

(Huff, Puff)

"Quick question, country or rock and roll? If it took you a longer time than it took to steal your sisters hairspray, switch channels. Please." -GTA San Andreas

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF CANNOT be shut down. It is impossible.
That's just not true, ESF can be shut down if Funimation truly cared enough to take legal action. Copyright holders have shut down modifications that violated their copyright before, the precedent is already set. It doesn't matter if it's free or not.

Best answers
True. But honestly, I don't think they care if it is on steam. Steam would have already contacted Funimation before it was ever put on steam. And they would be more worried about the Spy ware site ruining DBZ reputation then they would about ESF. And now that I think about it, someone from ESF should try contacting Funimation just in case.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True. But honestly, I don't think they care if it is on steam. Steam would have already contacted Funimation before it was ever put on steam. And they would be more worried about the Spy ware site ruining DBZ reputation then they would about ESF. And now that I think about it, someone from ESF should try contacting Funimation just in case.
Well, Funimation either doesn't know about ESF or they don't care considering it's built on the ancient Half-Life engine.

I also doubt Valve cares enough about ESF to contact Funimation. They have no reason to, it's not like their the ones violating copyright. Besides that, it's in Valve's best interest to have as many mods as possible for their games. The more mods, the more sales. Hell, ESF was on the Third Party Mods page Steam had up a while back.

For the last thing, I think that Skyrider contacted Funimation about the spyware site. To my knowledge, Funimation hasn't responded.

Best answers
then, yeah, Funimation doesn't care. Hmmm.... Any one a good hacker here? If we could even bring down their site temporarily.... Then again, that might provoke them..... I say somebody to get a hacker to shut down their site either permanently or at least temporarily. In the mean time, everybody add a warning about the site to your signatures. We will want to warn everybody possible.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then, yeah, Funimation doesn't care. Hmmm.... Any one a good hacker here? If we could even bring down their site temporarily.... Then again, that might provoke them..... I say somebody to get a hacker to shut down their site either permanently or at least temporarily. In the mean time, everybody add a warning about the site to your signatures. We will want to warn everybody possible.
I understand you're just trying to help, but you're giving pretty horrible advice. That's the kind of thing that would get the devs into serious trouble, so let's stick to Sky's strategy for now.

Best answers
Only thing is, nobody is going to listing to us. And no, I don't think we really should try shutting them down ourselves (I didn't really make that evident enough, did I?). But we should add a warning to our signatures and try to avoid that site as much as possible. Apart from that, there is very little anyone can do. Funimation obviously doesn't care. The spy ware site obviously doesn't care. The only people to turn to is Steam. They may be able to do something about it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They aren't even using ESF's pictures anymore. The problem may have been resolved.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I put the link in my sig and told people not to go there and download it i wonder what they will duuuu!!?!?!?!?!?!??!

;edit;

god ****ing damn it give me cruise control back :(

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We contacted their host and asked them to remove any ESF images from the site. I heard that they replaced them with images from Dragonball online.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

-closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom