Wow, screw you Valve

Best answers
Say goodbye to counterstrike 1.5 ladies and gentlemen, valve has noted that as of the end of this month all WON I.D. servers (1.5) will be gone, well i guess its time to stop playing counterstrike because apparently i have to contstantly update steam and lag because i have to keep it open when i play...argh, does this not piss other people off? :S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not the least bit. It makes me happy, as a matter of fact. More people on Steam!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haven't played 1.5 in a while, but yeah it pisses me off, won is better than steam, and 1.5 is better than 1.6

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
steambarely eats ANY resources while it runs in the BG, if that makes your cpmputer lag, id hate to see you play when people actually SHOOT the guns,

sure steam has to update alot, but its better than never,. (like won), aside from the constant complaining of WON fanatics, all i see is good things from 1.5 dying out, 1.6 was made for a reason

Best answers
And they kept 1.5 for people like me, where we can't get dsl and cable because were so damned rural.

**EDIT**
Steams backround takes up about 8,000 memory on my comp, wich is an area 51m, heh not so much...riiiiiight.....
**EDIT**

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Es_Trunks2 said:
And they kept 1.5 for people like me, where we can't get dsl and cable because were so damned rural.

**EDIT**
Steams backround takes up about 8,000 memory on my comp, wich is an area 51m, heh not so much...riiiiiight.....
**EDIT**
Well in that case almost every game since the year 2000 must suck for you
51mb memory ( if that's what you're talking about ) is barely enought to run windows in a decent way let alone a game *shivers*

Anyway
I've had steam since it first came out
no problems what so ever
except the friends list, but you can't expect everything to be perfect

as for resources, steam really doesn't use any recourses when it's in the background!
( maybe if you'd scan for spyware or something your computer might speed up )

Bolteh2

B
the only thing that used to cause lag on steam, is when you were playing and talking to a friend in steam (this got effect on the registration code of the clien/server)

but that has been fixed to.. shutting down won is a good thing, since it was outdated and kept housing for retarding "steam sux because im too stupid to use it" people

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was a thread about this not more than a week ago titled. "Goodbye won." We don't need a new thread about a topic everytime the other one dies.

- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom