World of Warcraft

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man...I so want WoW. I LOVE Warcraft and I'm DYING to play.

What's it like? Can someone like, tell me a little bit of a run down of the gameplay? I don't want to get it if the combat is wicked cheesy.

Blah...maybe I still will anyway. I want to be a clan leader for the Orcish Horde! Glok'tar Na'rosh, *****es!

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Hmm... I guess I'm just not an MMORPG person. I was actually really excited about this when it was being made. I played the final stress test and the open beta, and still I was not impressed. There are a lack of animations for a great number of things, including attacks and spell casting, which really bothers me. Games need to have professional animations in this day and age, and I personally think WoW doesn't. I'm not a fan of the gameplay either, it just feels boring. I don't get any satisfaction from killing a muskrat or a bear.
Being a huge Blizzard fan ever since Warcraft came out, I am dissappointed in WoW. I can rest assured that they didn't fix a lot of my beefs with it from the open beta time to the release (about 2 weeks). Unfortunatly, I won't be buying this. Recent dissappointments like WoW, FFXI, SW:G have made me very, very skeptical to jump on the band-wagon of any other MMORPG.
Second, also dont forget lineage2, guess MMORPG isnt my thing >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
I made it into the closed european beta test. And all i can say is, other things on my pc no longer interest me.
:shocked: Coldy's gonna play WoW too? :) I've got a copy reserved at DynaByte, I guess I'll be seeing you on one of the European servers ^_^
Can't wait to get my hands on this game. I played the open beta, and I never expected it to rock this hard.

Best answers
This was the first MMO that I tried (not counting my brief week of using my SWG Beta). I didn't buy it, I was into closed beta. I'm not planning on buying it. It's a waste of time, money, and your life. I was sucked in that game for 4 months of closed beta and managed to pump out a lvl 47 NE Druid (Apolesoh) on the pvp server. PVP is fun but it would have been more fun had I been a more dominant pvp class, druids didn't really cut it although I think they were really fun.

The first 40 levels were great, exciting and new. Level 42 (almost 43) was great because I straight grinded for gold for almost 2 levels to get my mount (white tiger), and it was fantastic. After that I just slacked off by going to lowbie areas and killing them all. My favorite part was when about 4 level 9's tried to take me down...:D.

The combats pretty cool and all in all although I have no major other games to compare to, I'd say WOW is fantastic. However, like I said earlier, I don't believe its worth it. MMO's are addictive, I read an interesting article about how they arent as much fun as they are addicting. I think they put nicotine in the screens.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Man...I so want WoW. I LOVE Warcraft and I'm DYING to play.

What's it like? Can someone like, tell me a little bit of a run down of the gameplay? I don't want to get it if the combat is wicked cheesy.

Blah...maybe I still will anyway. I want to be a clan leader for the Orcish Horde! Glok'tar Na'rosh, *****es!
i'll give yah a brief run down of gameplay.

First off you choose your allegieance, sounds like you want ot be hord so you'd then pick between orc, undead, troll, and tauren. Then theres different classes(restricted by race), theres shaman, mage, warlock, fighter, thief, druid, and cleric. They start you off in whichever newbie area correspondes to your race, you do some quests to ease you into the game, then the quests get slightly more complicated as you go so by around level 10-12 you should be able to be pretty able to play your character(at least you'd think so but not everyone has an iq above 5 ;) ). Combat works liks this, you have skills depending on your class, and basically you click auto attack and then use whichever skills are appropriate for the battle, shamans would use combinations of melee and spells, warlocks would send their demon in and cast spells from teh side, warriors would charge in swords or axes swinging, etc.. ect... as you level up you can train in(well actually you just by them but they call it training). The combat is really pretty basic, they added a little bit of depth to it by talents, which are basically diablo skill tree like things that you start at level 10(theres three tree's per class), the affects are minor at the beggining but they grow towards the end of the game. PvP(assuming your on a pvp server, but i'll assume your not a panzy ;D ) basically works like this, if your hord in hord land, you can attack alliance but they can't attack you, and vice versa. Which is all nice and easy at low levels, but at higher levels most areas are contested lands, in which anyone form the other team can attack you at any time, if you don't like being ganked don't expect to be happy in these areas(if your like me and you like the possibility that an unexpected opponent could come at you at any time go to the pvp servers :) )

so thats my basic rundown of game play, hope it helped you decide whether you wanted the game or not.

Best answers
Server, Warsong.

PM if you are there for my char name.

Awesome game, best MMO ive ever played and ive played over 20 MMO's.

Best answers
After playing Ragnarok Online,Final Fantasy XI,City of Heroes and Star Wars Galaxies i dont think i can handle another major dissapointment. here are the times i played all of them:

SWG:playing Since Launch...Still Playing.
RO:played all 14 days of the Trial Period.
FFXI:2 Weeks.
COH:2 Days.

well as you can see SWG and RO are my best MMORPGs. If you guys think WOW beats both of them,then list the reasons and i'll Gladly buy it and join you guys :) .

Best answers
Like I said I played SWG, quit after a couple of days. Also i've heard that SWG wasn't that great, so yes WOW beats it.

I actually do remember that I played ragnarok for about a week a long while ago. I thought the grind was too much so I quit - WOW beats RO too.

So from my experience and what i've heard WOW seems to be the best MMO out there (i'm not sure if either EQ beats it though).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chitenga said:
If you guys think WOW beats both of them,then list the reasons and i'll Gladly buy it and join you guys :) .
It's Warcraft AND an RPG :p

Best answers
Chitenga said:
After playing Ragnarok Online,Final Fantasy XI,City of Heroes and Star Wars Galaxies i dont think i can handle another major dissapointment. here are the times i played all of them:

SWG:playing Since Launch...Still Playing.
RO:played all 14 days of the Trial Period.
FFXI:2 Weeks.
COH:2 Days.

well as you can see SWG and RO are my best MMORPGs. If you guys think WOW beats both of them,then list the reasons and i'll Gladly buy it and join you guys :) .
Ro = auto attack + spamming one skill, WoW = auto attack spamming multiple skills, not much better but still better.

swg = AWESOME pvp, but the pve is crappy, the quests are ok at best, and you have ot deal with the dumbest mods ever. Wow has ok pvp, good pve, only slightly dumb mods.

FFXI kicks RO and SWG butts though(as well as WoW's), if your still likeing SWG i'm going to assume you love the pvp, so i would wait o get WoW till they start implementing the promised pvp upgrades. Eq 2 is also better then all of the above(except maybe FFXI, but after EQ2 getstweaked a bit it will be), so you sohuld look inot that too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey...all other MMOs I've played gave the first month free. Does WoW do that?

Best answers
i'm ALMOST positive it would be pretty lame if it didn't

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Hey...all other MMOs I've played gave the first month free. Does WoW do that?
Short 'n simple: yup.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just too bloody bad, they make you download the entire new client instead of a patch, when there's a new version. They've created their own version of a torrent client, wich simply sucks. It takes 24 hours for to get it oO.

Oh well, i'll be able to play again tomorrow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you guys sure? Cause on their site it says I have the option of, when I get the game, signing up for one two or three months I think, each at different prices. It says nothing anywhere about the first month being free...which is why I didn't buy it yesterday. :0\

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Odd, I have been playing the retail verion since release and I have not once had to download the whole thing when a new patch came out.

Best answers
Hsu, hes talking about the Euro Closed Beta. Read my thread for details.

I've been playing alot again. In the closed beta that is. 23 dwarf hunter. And I can possitively say that this is the best thing that ever happened to the gaming community on all fronts. Extremely addictive.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Are you guys sure? Cause on their site it says I have the option of, when I get the game, signing up for one two or three months I think, each at different prices. It says nothing anywhere about the first month being free...which is why I didn't buy it yesterday. :0\
Your just selecting the payment plan for what will take place after your first month free is up. That is all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I'm 100% sure that you get the first month for free in Europe. But I doubt they'd do it differently in the US.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I just found out I'm getting it for Christmas. This means my d20 character, a Warcraft-style Orc blademaster, can come to life.

I'm wicked excited. My inevitable goal overall is to become a great warrior and a leader of a group. Though I don't know much about the game's internal workings to say if it's even possible yet.

I want to be like my friend Dan is in Star Wars Galaxies. He's a legendary weapons maker and everybody in his server knows who he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom