Wont load ESF

Best answers
I have a valid version of half life and steam installed, plus the latest version of ESF.

I load esforces with the command:

Code:
D:\Half-Life\hl.exe -steam -game esf
So now if i open ESF (the file with the command above) it just opens half life.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats not how you use steam o-O

run steam.exe and you should see esf in the 3rd party games menu.

Best answers
I know, but if i try to run ESF that way i get this menu that tells me to buy half life. But i got a valid version of Half Life (including the key) and can play half life with it (allso online). I have a shortcut of Half Life on my desktop, i play half life with that, cuz in the Play Game menu of steam it wont let me launch Half Life (HL isn't listed there). Not even after i register half life again

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you need to click the browse games button and then click the "register a product I already own" - then enter your cdkey.

Best answers
i know, i just did that but still HL wont show in the list of games. I mailed steam and they told me to buy a new version of HL (just 10$) so ill guess thats the best thing to do. Thanks anyway,

Greetz

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ehm, is your half-life folder in the steam folder?

....:\steam\steamapps\youremail\half-life

And esf in :\steam\steamapps\youremail\half-life\esf

Best answers
Tryed that to, but wont work. Thanks for the tip guy's, but i guess ill have to buy a new half life.

Best answers
I just got ESF to run, atleast... to give me the start menu and then it kicks me to my desktop again. Any tips to stop the kicking ?

(Srry for the duble post)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could just edit your post you know.

but back to your error - it could be the infamous random crash bug that affects esf at the moment - the team have found a possible fix and are making sure it definatly works.

Best answers
Okay, ill wait for the team to release the bug fix then.

Best answers
help me, I have a good version of hl and I want to play with esf but when I lauch a lan game, I come back on the deskop.

Best answers
first of all, what kind of computer do you have. I had the same problem on my computer with counter strike and esf. It might not sound important but your computers ram and stuff might not meet up to the needs of the game. Here are some tips i can think of for you.
1. try reinstalling half-life and esf.
2. test it on another computer if possible.
3. re-download esf and install it again.
4. make sure your computer meets up to half-lifes requirments.
5. if you didnt buy your half life copy and you downloaded off the internet instead, it wont work. go buy half life and install it.
6. Update half-life to version 1.1.1.0. you can download the update tool from here . If that doesnt work just google "half-life 1.1.1.0." and some web sites will show up

All of that stuff should work for you, I got esf working on a windows 98 with a 16 megabyte graphics card. If you need any help just email me at [email protected].

Best answers
Ehmm i have the same problem.....i followed all the steps for steam.....i see the game on the thire person list i double click on tit the buy game thing comes up......i have a unused half-life game(c-d key should i put it in)

Best answers
Wait, you didn't type in your half-life cd key? Well thats probably your problem if i understood you right. Yeah if you didnt type in your cd key then esforces probably wont work on steam. So type in your cd key and get playing man. :]

Best answers
:scared: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: why i have the problem that when i tryed to open esf appear a letter and it says "could not load library
c:/valve/steam/steamapps/myemail/half-life/esf/cl_dlls/client.dll"

Please help i need this game i am a dragonball fan 100% help fast very fast light speed please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
put that file in cl_dlls/client.dll and it will work or do like me i have it in half life directory and it works

Best answers
what do you mean saying me to put that file in cl_dlls/client.dll? and i have already it in half-life directory

Best answers
i did reinstall the file but it have the same problem, i dont reinstall de file in
C://Program Files/Sierra/Half-life/hl.exe because i dont have the of hl.exe steam remove old files and dont know what else... i have hope of fixing the game :( ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom