Wont Let Play Do To Problem In Description

Best answers
Are you using Steam? Yes

Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF? Yes

Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons? - I got ECX RC2 Big Pack V8.4 < did problem when first got just ESF

What game are you trying to install ESF into? None

Are you behind a router or firewall? Yes

Are all your drivers updated? Yes

What in-game video mode are you using? One i dotnt want

If you have an error message, what is the exact error message?

When I Goto play it Says couldnt Open the OpenGL mode one and Has to work in Software mode 2 when i go in any server or create one i get Cache_tryAlloc: 2506032 is grater then free hunk. and shuts me down does this to all games

i got 2g ram and 46.7gb space for memory and drivers are updated please help

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This part bothers me. Do you even have a legal copy of Half-Life 1? Are you using Steam? WON? Since your second problem applies to all games, it sounds like a graphics card issue or something along those lines. As for your first issue, do you even have a graphics card that supports Open GL?

Best answers
This part bothers me. Do you even have a legal copy of Half-Life 1? Are you using Steam? WON? Since your second problem applies to all games, it sounds like a graphics card issue or something along those lines. As for your first issue, do you even have a graphics card that supports Open GL?
I got Half life at steam i meant ESF non as in it is were sopose to be how i check if it takes opengl and how i fix the one problem cause it works on my other lap top but this is happenin on my brothers

i got a ATI MOblity Radeon 9000 Dard main driver ati2dvag version 6.14.00.10.6606 DDI Version 9

currnt display mode 1280 x 2024 32 bit total mem for it 64.0 mb in his laptop only game it did not happen in is digitl apaint ball gold

Best answers
It allows me to play on a OLD ESF server but wont let me create or play a ECX one and I still cant do a OPenGL it says that one error

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh didnt see that.

Well the problem sounds like 2 possible.

1.) Runing Vista along with a lot of ECX characters.

2.) Running software mode and thus increasing the RAM load needed.

Or both together.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using Steam? Yes

Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF? Yes

Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons? - I got ECX RC2 Big Pack V8.4 < did problem when first got just ESF

Are you behind a router or firewall? Yes

Are all your drivers updated? Yes

What in-game video mode are you using? One i dotnt want

If you have an error message, what is the exact error message?

When I Goto play it Says couldnt Open the OpenGL mode one and Has to work in Software mode 2 when i go in any server or create one i get Cache_tryAlloc: 2506032 is grater then free hunk. and shuts me down does this to all games

i got 2g ram and 46.7gb space for memory and drivers are updated please help
Do me a favor: run Half-Life 1, and try to change to OpenGL from the options menu.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've actually had a similar problem with the inteam. Try these two if the other ideas don't work: 1. right click on Half-Life and ESF in steam, click properties, there should be an option to add command lines or something like that. at -gl If that doesn't work, try reinstalling half life. As in delete from steam and delete the .GCF file in the steam apps folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom