WON/STEAM?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you still can play on won, but someday won will shutdown.

Best answers
Definetly Steam because it runs and plays much better than won. I have had so many problems with the won version so i moved to steam right when I got half life and had no problems.

Best answers
I use both sometime but sometimes there is more servers on won steam loads faster but also kinda messes up in game for me

Best answers
I use won because there are TONS of servers on won compared to steam.

Best answers
i migrated to steam about a week ago.....and the only thing thats a real downside is the number of servers (wich is kinda low)
other than that: G-R-E-A-T

Best answers
Ive ready got my road signs set up saying WON is Dead all Hail Steam ready >_> , WON = Dead in a matter off time

Best answers
Well now WON, but when 1.2 comes then steam. It took about 5h to get my steam work :D. because i figured out in about 4h50min that i need steam for hl first( i tried to get it work using esf steam from esf-world only :D) ok that`s off-topic just wanted to say.

Best answers
well..i think by the time 1.3 hits us we'll all be on STEAM since the ESF team wont care to fix WON associated bugs when 1.2 is released.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Steam all the way.

Maybe won is more stable.
But i think myself steam is more advanced then won itself.

And i know lots of people are pissed because steam does not work.
But still, steam is not fully ready as far as i know.

So i just would say steam, why? its way more better then won.
More options, friend list ingame, and much more things.

Best answers
Yea but in steam, when you make a server, you can't select password protection, server name, or max players.

Best answers
im gonna have to say WON, Alex. I'm about to switch to steam right now tho.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jdawg224 said:
Yea but in steam, when you make a server, you can't select password protection, server name, or max players.

If you can't figure out how to do it through Steam's menus, learn the cvars for those things.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i may be stubborn or whatever you want to call it, but im not going to make the change over to steam unless i have to. yes, it has its benefits. it has its positives and negatives. but won is doing me good as of now. theres nothing wrong with it.
and i really dont want to stress over the setup of steam anytime soon anyhow. ive read about how others have delt with it.

Best answers
Up until last night? WON. It's just normal (being a CS 1.5 pro) to see that interface. STEAM is also a beautiful thing, but I swear I had like 6 guys come into a server and ask "OMFG WTF |$ wr0/\/g wit teh STEAMz0r? Meh k3yz @in't b|nd|ng???!!!"

*Some parts were exaggerated....* o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom