WON/STEAM?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
steam is constantly updating, there are always ways to improve programs, no program excisting is done when it is released.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
steam gets an update like every single wed there always fixing bugs and adding stuff

unlike won which will go the way of the dodo soon

Best answers
both i use at the moment i only use won to play esf as all the little aussie noobs use won.... i need a sever to smash em around in.. but steam for everything else

Best answers
Im WON 100%. I tried installing steam 2 times and both times I got huge problems that caused me to get rid of steam. Also when i tried to just install steam by itself it didnt work. I have to get the CS 1.6 with steam to make it work. But all of this config.file crap and E-mail crap just makes it weird. Hey question....can I install steam but keep all of my WON games too?

Best answers
youre a retard when you use cracked crap. this makes me hope even more that won will shut down asap so you lamers cant play anymore. now go buy halflife
-----
You don't deserve the opportunity to play it if you refuse to buy a 6 year old game.
I understand your comments, considering that in your country the game is just about 10 dolars (i guess i dont know) but here(argentina) i dont know why, software is so expensive (games programs etc)
i dont care, the same happened with natural selection and i play it with old half life >:) and no cd key
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00001KUII/ref=nosim/sierra04-20/102-4552045-0316931

Best answers
He´s right, im not gonna spend 20 dollars (son como 65 mangos :O dios mio :S) to buy a game y can copy from a friend or just download it from emule, and of course i like won best coz u can crak servers although i have an original key from a friend who doesnt play anymore. So i think i could play in steam with that key. Dont screw with thiz country

PD: Viva Argentina , viva alejo y valentina :p

Best answers
nah, i have Steam&WON.
Steam is really *sigh* with textures and video renderings.
But ESF's menu also is better under WON.
So, I have both of them.
I will always stay Won lover & supporter.

Best answers
Yedi said:
The problem with steam is that there are no craked servers for users without original cd keys, in my country nobody uses steam, they all use won cause its easier to crack :p, only natural selection uses steam and theres only 1 cracked server to play in. i Really hope we can do that with our esf server.
Basically you can't afford a 5 dollar game?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get back on topic guys, this isn't about warez software or cracked CD keys.

Steam gest updated all the time. "How can steam get better than it already is" ~paraphrasing, well how could Won get better than it already is? Oh I guess they could upgrade the servers. Well, they could supply faster software or patch half-life so that the in-game server search worked faster. They could make all sorts of little tweaks from now until the end of time, and so could Steam. Steam has all sorts of features it could update for years, and I think it probably will, such as the as of yet underused "friends" system and constant updating and patching from the Steam servers. Everything can patch, and at least Steam automatically updates without you having to go try and download a patch and install it yourself to keep up with the community.

Best answers
There is a saying in Chinese (As I'm from Hong Kong) "A wise men knows you have to change when the timeline changes" (or something like that) and now is the time where WON is going to be replaced with steam...and as we all know won is gonna close one day so why bother...just change to steam before all the download links for steam are cramped with people lining up to download it becuase won is closed...be prepared and ur gaming life will be a lot ezer...lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have been on steam sence there was 1 server, now there is about 15 or so so it perfect. Got some SL And some apes there so no need for WON.

Best answers
Steam works fine now and i dont see a reason why i should use WON when 1.2 is released :cool:

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
this thread is so pointless. first of all, we do 99% of our testing on steam
second, we wont give any support for the won version
third, won is going to shut down sooner or later so you will have to get steam in order to play.

so simply get steam and get rid of won.
How nice words eccept those whom STEAM (the devil) stole cd-keys from.. like.... ME! they stole my cd-key those bastards!

Best answers
Yeah...good thing I got more then one cd key...anyways like any other games, you need a good computer to play them...and steam is no exception. So if your pc can't support steam, either get a better computer or don't even bother...lol

Best answers
Oh my, another person from Hong Kong :D yeah!

Going Steam all the way because WON is going to inevitably die anyway :D

Plus, Valve is trying to break away from Sierra so....you know to whom WON belongs to.

@Mibu : Don't just sit there complaining, email Valve FFS! If you're sitting there doing nothing about it, you deserve losing that key. Now get off your sofa and mail em!

There's a reason there's a section called help in the Steam forums as well :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I moved to steam when ns 3.0 came out and never went back.

Best answers
Hmmmmm.****out that WON and play with STEAM :) But i really hate STEAM :mad: WON is older,but better.WON rulez 4ever :) And you say to buy orgiginal half-life,in Lithuania original hl costs for about 20 dollars and that is ~80 Litai :) 80 is too much for that old game,for 80 Litus you can buy legal Half-life 2 :D and other good stuff :) But when 1.2 comes out(in about month :))i will play with STEAM,but not earlier :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, you are really testing the swear filter arent you.

as for won beeing better... no. not anymore. in the beginning steam was more down as working. now its even more stable as won. and you dont have to download all the HL/won updates manually, it is beeing done by steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom