WON/STEAM?

Best answers
i will be using won untill i get my network in the house to the computer with the broadband connection then i will migrate to steam

Best answers
Since you asked me so nicely...

I've been using Steam exclusively ever since it was officially released. I have never experienced a single problem with it other than not being able to log into the Friends server sometimes.

I haven't had the original CD version of Half-Life installed on my PC for months.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will probably be using WON, although i'l have it installed on both Steam and WON.
WON just seems better to me, i've had a much better experience with it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I use both but mainly steam. When steam was just out of the beta stage I had many bugs withit(mostly couldn't start steam). But these seems to be fixed now :yes:

Best answers
Id have to say steam, the way it runs the games looks so sweat ^_^, for some reason it looks sorta smoother o_O....

Best answers
SoLiD_RaiDeN said:
Id have to say steam, the way it runs the games looks so sweat ^_^, for some reason it looks sorta smoother o_O....
I think that's because it is running smoother...

They updated a few things in the graphics engine. Better network code. Better interface. Just better.... everything.

Only thing I can see that may be abd about it is that broadband is pretty much required. I can't see anybody on dial-up having a good time with Steam.

Best answers
I love steam now with the offline play but i still use the old halflife shell when playing my bro at home. For some reason my laptop does not like steam :'(.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
this thread is so pointless. first of all, we do 99% of our testing on steam
second, we wont give any support for the won version
third, won is going to shut down sooner or later so you will have to get steam in order to play.

so simply get steam and get rid of won.

Best answers
The problem with steam is that there are no craked servers for users without original cd keys, in my country nobody uses steam, they all use won cause its easier to crack :p, only natural selection uses steam and theres only 1 cracked server to play in. i Really hope we can do that with our esf server.

Best answers
I use WON right now because my computer doesn't really work with Steam, but once I get my new computer in a month or two I'll be switching to Steam.

Best answers
I currently use WON but when 1.2 gets released I'll probably switch to steam, because as DJ said, they do all their testing on steam.

Discord Member
Best answers
i am using steam and i can say it is a lot better than won.and if you have no serial then buy the game at ebay or online stores.what ever,if you wanna play esf,buy it. :)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Yedi said:
The problem with steam is that there are no craked servers for users without original cd keys, in my country nobody uses steam, they all use won cause its easier to crack :p, only natural selection uses steam and theres only 1 cracked server to play in. i Really hope we can do that with our esf server.
youre a retard when you use cracked crap. this makes me hope even more that won will shut down asap so you lamers cant play anymore. now go buy halflife

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yedi said:
You don't deserve the opportunity to play it if you refuse to buy a 6 year old game.

Steam had some big problems before, but most seem to be fixed now. I've come to like Steam much more than WON now, it makes it much easier to play games and communicate with friends.

Best answers
i AM trying to use steamm but my comp doesnt like it...
i use won for the moment...
one last thing:eek:n the poll,won hasn't won!

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
There is developer cd-key in Half-Life which with WON you could not go online.

But with steam they forgot to put it off, now my friends uses that cd-key.

The CD key was 33333333333333, you cant use this cd key anymore cause its all registered by my friend ^_^.(I told him about him ^_^)

Won was better in begin, but later on steam got the upper hand.

Now I can alt tab with out that screen bug or sound bug. >_<

Best answers
Look at it this way.WON and Steam are two adjacent highways. You're driving at 65 miles an hour on the WON highway. Three miles down the road, you clearly see a concrete barrier with a sign on it that says, "Road Closed." Anyone who still plays WON is asking to endanger their very lives. o_o

Best answers
cant go online??!?!?!?
so just say simply you cant use it!
oh great now i simply cant play cause my comp cant use
steam!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom