Windwalker graphics

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Jet set radio on Sega Dreamcast looks better than wind wanker. The graphics are cell shaded too, acually it was the first cell shaded game i think. It was in 1999.

Ahh, the good ol' days of the Dreamcast (pinks away tear)

Best answers
OK wind waker graphics r awesome and so is th entire game. ALL HAIL LINK

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, it's sad... the people who are saying that the graphics are detracting from the quality of the game for them today are going to be saying that about Halo 4 years from now. "Man, those graphics suck so much. They're so cartoony. They should have been just like real life, then it would have been a good game." Go play Final Fantasy 3 (VI). If you come back saying that FF3 (VI) sucked because of its SNES graphics I'll smack you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At first I was surprised that they made it cel-shaded. But when I finally got over the shock that they changed it to cel-shading, I saw that the graphics were still very good, and they made me like cel shading more than i ever did. And when I got the game on my birthday, I fell in love with them (not literally). So what im saying is that the graphics are very good, and anyone that says they are bad because they are cel-shaded, should really look closer.

And who says that graphics makes a game anyways.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like cel shading and all, but for a Zelda game it drives me nuts :p I know the game is supposed to be insanely awesome, but the appearance drives me crazy. I can't help it. Now I don't own a GC or anything so the moint is moot really, but still. I don't think it's the cel shading that puts me off, I think it's that the graphics look very childish. Of course I never like child link really. I much prefer older looking anime style adult link vs. bad ass looking, standard evil villain Gannondorf. Cel shading is cool, I just think it looks better when done like they did in Dark Cloud 2.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even play that joke of a machine, the LameCube. I try to avoid it as much as I can, and refuse to buy one. The controller feels like a chewtoy, it's designed for a five year old kid and is an insult to my intelligence, and anyone who does any reading of any trades will find that nintendo NEARLY went the way of Sega and bowed out of the console scene.

I've played the Zelda game. I'm not complaining that it looks bad, or that the gameplay is second to the graphics...I just think it was an idiotic decision designed SOLELY to ensnare more of the young audience...and I'm not going to shell out my hard-earned cash for something that was obviously dumbed down and prettied up for the casual EB-browsing soccer moms. If you know anything about demographical/psychographical public relations planning, you'll note, the young group Nintendo caters to is the ONLY GAME MARKET GROUP THAT IS NOT DOMINATED BY ANOTHER SYSTEM.

Coincidence? Please.

Any ******* who DOESN'T cel-shade SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE and DOES CEL-SHADE an EPIC FANTASY ROLEPLAYING GAME just to make it MORE SALABLE TO KIDS doesn't deserve my money or respect.

And this crap about Nintendo being on top...ha. Read any official statements the last year? They are filled with things like "While sales of the new Zelda game are steady, overall only one third of the expected profit has been made/only a third of the projected units have been moved" (not an exact quote, don't bite my head off). They haven't met ANY of their projected sales goals in well over a year outside of gameboy...and guess what? Gameboy only sells because they FORCE EXCLUSIVE SEQUELS AND SERIES TO DEV FOR IT.

Let's just cel-shade Castlevania while we're at it. Let's give the Contra guys pink teletubby suits. Come on people. I don't care how good of a game it is, the new Zelda's an insult and nothing more than a cashcow.

What really aggravates me more than the fact that it's cel-shaded is that ONCE A-****ING-GAIN, it's KID LINK. What the hell!? WHO THE HELL SAID, "MAN, I WISH I WAS KID LINK MORE, THAT LAST BATTLE SUCKED!!" after Ocarina of Time!? Come on!! Sheesh.

Nintendo = Lamery and Xbox = monopoly. I'll stick with Sony, thanks. More than worth it's weight in gold.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Majin_You
To close on an official note. I want this to stay geared on the graphics of Wind Waker, as the topic says. As soon as this turns into a console war, it's gonna be closed.
No one asked for, or cares about your opinion of Nintendo.
The thread is talking about the graphics of Wind Waker, which you have already stated your opinion on in a rather unecessarily angry fashion.

Best answers
DragonDude if by 2 systems u mean ps2 and x-box I would disagree with one of them. X-Box in my mind is dumb. PS2 is deffinately better in some catagories. X-box is just a low grade computer. Most of the games I have seen and played for X-box have been good graphics bad gameplay. I mean if graphics is all that matters to u then x-box would be a perfect choice.

BTW dragon dude I do believe that was a flame and who r u to say whos opinion matters. Just wondering.

Majin _you I'm sorry for stating my opinion about the counsels but I wanted to defend the gamecube since wind waker is on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The graphical direction the game was taken in is directly related to the company's need to make it as salable as possible. Sorry, but the company's financial status is relevent.

And, guess what else? It's not my "opinion" of Nintendo...it is my REACTION to Nintendo's technique with this game and many others.

The best thing about this thread is that a notable portion of the defenders of this great and legendary title have gotten the name of the game wrong ("Wind Walker," "Wind Maker," etc). You don't ever see anyone saying "Phallic Fantasy 3," "Bono Trigger," "Metrard," "Super Luigi Bros," or "GooM." This just shows me the game isn't much of a mainstay in anyone's eyes. Graphics aren't everything but like I said, it's the decisions made with the game's development and mainly WHY those decisions were made that's got me all in a tizzy about it.

The graphics don't bother me half as much as the fact that it's still kid link. That is just absurd. The cel-shading wouldn't even be so bad if it weren't for the incredible lame look they gave Link. I could barely stand to play the game for the 45 minutes or so that I did, just because I hated looking at him. It's one thing for him to be kid link...it's entirely another for him to be homo-erotic, altar-boy-of-love kid link.

Like I said, a disgrace to the series. I don't care how good the gameplay is. After all my time in college, I know the exact executive decisions that led to these "revelations of artistic wonder," and it was done explicitly to make the game more salable. End of story.

V'

Best answers
Well, I dont own a gamecube but I consider myself a Zelda fan.Ayways, I've seen the promos,trailers,screenshots, and other media propaganda and I came to this conclusion. People have opinons on what they think a game should be. I swear somone could make the BEST game in the world and there would be still one **** head complaining about how its "Not Realistic" or "Too Realistic" or a game for kids with clearly an all range of audience.

Its just like anime, theres the two types of people (Three if you like both) like such as DBZ and then threr is realistic Anime like Jin-Roh.The people who want it more cartoon like get it and end up afraid of what might become of thier class. The people who want it more realistic get almost the same thing.

The point I'm trying to make, thats if I made one, is that people will always express thier opinons on the matter. No matter how perfect it is and such.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those of you who claim "end of story" have not the power or ability to end it, do not act as if you do.

This entire thread was made to discuss the graphics of Wind Waker. Not how badly you think it disgraces the series, nor how much you dislike Nintendo.

I'm with Nintendo through and through. Have been all my life, always will remain. Not a thing anyone flames about it will change my mind about that.

T.G._Cid: By my two systems I meant GBA and GCN, but I'm not even going to say a thing about either of them, or any other console. I advise you not to do so either, or SaiyanPrideXIX will find a way to utterly dissect the company that makes it, and point out every little thing they ever did against his liking in any game they have ever made.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wind wakers graphics are horse crap man. if you are going to prduce a cel shaded game atleast have some good character designs. i mean 5 year old could draw link better than that. cel shading is good for some games like jet set series, other than that i havent seen a game pull off the cel shading.

Best answers
Okay, dude tell me. Master 1337 artist...
How can you, a image manipulator say that Link is ugly?
We have a word for that, it's called style. Every people has his own tastes, some people hates the drawing style of DBZ.
And some people likes it, but you can't say it is badly designed.
But I suppose, it's your opinion.

Not all anime characters has huge and sharply detailed eyes, do people cry that DBZ isn't anime because the male characters has no detailed eyes. But guess what, DBZ is realistic and toonish at the same time. It's called JAPANESE Cartoons, not American.

And you know what I say? All the other with the same crap sucks, the Wind Maker is a new design. Even though the plot of the game is almost the same.

They should make a new game, based on the other chapters of Hyrule.
Like the beginning of the Hyrule.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I asked for 0 (zero, zip, nadda) console comparisons. Some of you strayed off-topic, and some of you have been acting harshly towards others as a result. I am ending this now.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You too, Skater. You come up with another "witty" retort like your last one and you'll have a warning impressed into your skull. You people are just trying to get a big fight started. Knock it off. Stay on topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom