Windwalker graphics

Best answers
Ive heared heaps of ppl bagging the wind walker graphics and other games withe the same style because they say "it looks like it should be on a NES"
I think they rule, does anyone else agree wit me?

Best answers
First off I think you mean Wind Waker, not Wind Walker. and i agree with you. they do rule. cell shaded is much much better than the other graphic styles out there. but nothing beats 8-bit graphics

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, the cell shaded stuff looks way better then those others, but there shouldnt be cellshading ONLY, the other are nice 2!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that if they tried to port a cel shaded game to NES, it would explode. The graphics are still 3D, and it takes quite a powerful engine to run a Cel shaded game. The graphics are amazing, it's just that many people are geared toward realism these days, I guess.

Best answers
if u actually play the game then u'll find it kicks ass, i know people that wont touch the game because of the graphics, but they're all idiots anyways :S so i dont giv a damn! :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was sceptical at first but then I actually played it..

The graphics ARE good, even if they don't look it in places. I like the expressions and the naimation for link. Plus it has a unique style to it, always a good thing.

Best answers
Originally posted by Majin_You
it's just that many people are geared toward realism these days, I guess.
I hate the word realism when it comes to games now a days. Since when were games ever supposed to be realistic? Jumping on turtles and throwing that boomerang was far from realistic. However those games had something that most games don't today, and that’s fun factor, story, and replay value.

Most gaming companies only pay attention to the visuals of the game and they let everything else slip a lot. I for one am glad to see cell shaded games come around and leave some of that realism behind.

Best answers
Yes i agree, wind wakers graphics are good.
I only got the game today, i think its great.
At first i was like "nah ocarina of time looked better"
But when you play the style of it is actually fun , hmm think i'll go play now =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok so...MARIO wasn't cel-shaded even though the plot of the game clearly calls for it...and then Zelda, a very mysterious, very adult storyline with adult themses and a primary audience in the 18-24 demographic and they make it look like a god damn disney movie? No. Lame. ***tastic, even.

That's like cel-shading metroid or mortal kombat. Stupid.

And nintendo is a load of crap anyways these days. Desperately trying to stay afloat on gameboy sales...weaklings.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't necessairily say Zelda has an adult plot...

And I think what Majin_You meant to say was the people perfer games with realistic graphics, compared to cartoony graphics. Not realistic gameplay, games like that just suck (spare a few [Gran Turismo 3...])

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I hardly think that Nintendo is trying to stay afloat. Game Boy will always be number one. And Gamecube is something to be reckoned with.

I actually just started playing Wind Waker today, and I am already in love with it. I don't care how the graphics look. I am much more interested in the storyline and story development.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My two systems beats your one! Nintendo does not need to try to stay afloat, it effortlessly is.

At first, I was rather skeptical about the graphics. But then a friend gave me it to borrow, and I played it for a day, and I went out and bought it the next.
Most video game companies have overlooked the core of a game, and done not much more than fill their games with impressive eye-candy.
Sure, the screenshots will look great, but who is ever going to play the game again and again after they beat it?

Best answers
I really can't stand those jerks that has abnormal critic on the game.
Some even said that the game isn't anime.
Who the **** do they think they are?
Japan is the one that made Anime, not some english interviewer. All cartoons or realism drawings that comes from Japan or is drawn in the style of Anime/Manga is simply Anime and Manga, period.

It is time that the games gets a new look. All those new games are boring lately... graphics this graphics that.
It's all the same, blast this blast that, jump here, jump there.

Zelda the Wind Maker has the perfect anime style for a game.

I give the game 15/10

5 points because I am a Anime fan!

Best answers
bleh... I like the older.. more "realistic" graphics from ocarina of time.. cel-shaded makes it look too cartoony. I find it hard to imagine myself in a dungeon, when everything looks like it was colored with crayons..

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Originally posted by HELLSPAWN
bleh... I like the older.. more "realistic" graphics from ocarina of time.. cel-shaded makes it look too cartoony. I find it hard to imagine myself in a dungeon, when everything looks like it was colored with crayons..
Belive me you should try it, at first I dispaired because of what I thought to be the downfall of the Zelda series. Then I played it and discovered that I really didn't give a damn how it looked, it was a better game because of Cell Shading. And when I took the time to look closely I noticed that it actually looked a lot better than Zelda 64.

Trust me, I've met many critics of the game but not one that's actually played it. Give the game a shot, even if you're disappointed at least you'll have tried. :)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah
And I think what Majin_You meant to say was the people perfer games with realistic graphics, compared to cartoony graphics. Not realistic gameplay, games like that just suck (spare a few [Gran Turismo 3...])
Thanks, GFK! That's precisely what I meant!

And as for the dungeons looking as if they are coloured by crayons, I think it would be best for you to try the game out. The dungeons are modelled quite well. I am still drooling over the castle. And believe you me, this style DOES suit the Zelda franchise. There is nothing whimsical about the game. There is still that freakishly dark plot we would come to expect from LoZ. There is even cruelty to women towards the end! (For all of you who have beaten you know what I'm talking about).

To close on an official note. I want this to stay geared on the graphics of Wind Waker, as the topic says. As soon as this turns into a console war, it's gonna be closed.

Best answers
well all i have to say is ZELDA RULES :D well the games but the graphics are good

Best answers
I've played.. and beaten the game. I know the dungeons are modeled well, but I still find it hard to immerse myself in a dark, fantasy world, when everthying looks like it was colored with crayons and markers.. The plot IS awesome, but, still, the graphics can really detract from gameplay to some people (including me)

Best answers
Shame it hasn't got anything to do with Zelda, but deos anyone beat JSRF for cell-shaded, but I have played and the game is good, but I agree with the crayon guy, so try and imagine a cell-shaded silent hill...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom