Windows XP Help.

Best answers
Ok I got a new computer and it has Windows XP on it. The problem is, is that when I tried to install The Half-Life game on the new PC I got and Error saying that C://WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. and I dont know where to go to fix it (if theres a way) or do, so that I can install ESF.
If someone can tell me I'd appreciate it very much.
Thanks.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sooooo, is the half-life you have legit... cuz it's funny how that mostly happens when the game was downloaded *wistles, looks away, kicks foot*

Best answers
Well no I didnt download it, I purchased the Platinum Edition that comes with all four games.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go to my computer> which ever cd drive you put it into> open that up, then open up the HL folder, and there should be a "HL setup" sorta thing, it will be a .exe of course, try it that way, usually it works.

Best answers
But see thats what I dont get, The game works on my old PC but not the new one.><;

Best answers
I'v tried that before too and still nothing.....I even tried setting the compatability and that still failed, and also tried adjusting running colors for the pixels and that still didnt work.

Best answers
Do you know if theres a HL version for Windows XP that I can purchase maybe?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm well 2 things, 1. there is an edit button cuz double posting is against the forum policy (just a heads up so you don't get a warning ;) ) and for your problem. I would suggest you PM Smith, he's a moderator on these forums, and he is really good with PC's i'm almost certain he can help you out with your problem :)
::EDIT::
No there is only one kind of half life- they are all the same. Give me a second while i try to find a way to help you

EDIT:: for the time being, PM Smith, i think he can help you http://www.forum.esforces.com/member.php?u=6693

look for the "send a Private Message" and i'm sure he'll help

::EDIT3::

I think i found your solution try this::

"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

The reason that this error is occurring is due to the AUTOEXEC.NT file not existing in the System 32 folder. It appears that many preventative software pieces such Pop-Up blockers, spyware, adaware programs are recognizing this file as being associated with viruses and removing the file.

To fix this error,right click on the attachment AUTOEXEC.NT located below under "Article Attachments"; then click on SAVE TARGET AS, and save it into the System32 folder. This can be completed by saving the file into C:\WINDOWS\system32 if you are running Windows XP.

Then proceed to open up the program again. You should now be able to open the program without seeing this error.

Best answers
Can you please help me my half-life has install and it now on steam. But esf will not install to my computer any help will be greatfull.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BURNS said:
Can you please help me my half-life has install and it now on steam. But esf will not install to my computer any help will be greatfull.
I'm thinking you wanted to make a new topic.

Read this, it may help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom