Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Professional

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never quite understood the differences between the "Home" version of Windows and the "Professional" version of Windows and why the "Professional" version is 40 bucks more expensive. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Edit: Just notice that, on Newegg at least, the Windows 7 versions are the same price as Windows 8. That seems a bit ridiculous. Ahh, I wish Windows OS had the same price tag as the Apple OSs.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tbh, I really don't think there's a difference. I have never seen a tool or program that was on or loaded onto professional that wasn't on home.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's true. It doesn't seem to matter for the average user. So i suggest saving $40.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea 40 bucks seems a little steep for 2-3 less features. I think it's kind of ridiculous how Microsoft still wants so much money for their OSs. People are going to buy it regardless, Mac hasn't put that much of a dent into their competition and Mountain Lion is 20 bucks. Damn this money-is-everything world.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea 40 bucks seems a little steep for 2-3 less features. I think it's kind of ridiculous how Microsoft still wants so much money for their OSs. People are going to buy it regardless, Mac hasn't put that much of a dent into their competition and Mountain Lion is 20 bucks. Damn this money-is-everything world.
It isn't like people have to buy OSs at the cyclic. They buy it once, and usually never again until the next big thing comes out. It's why Photoshop costs you your first born.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I would've just stuck with Ubuntu if not for the lack of game/software support. We'll see how well Valve manages to flip the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't like people have to buy OSs at the cyclic. They buy it once, and usually never again until the next big thing comes out. It's why Photoshop costs you your first born.
Yes, but one would think that with Windows 8 out there would be somewhat of a price drop. Especially since W8 doesn't seem like it's going to be the fail that Vista was.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly don't trust Linux on my laptop. I tried out Mint and my computer got incredibly hot while just idling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom