Will this tweak guide help my geforce2 mx much?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
depends if your card can do that. its not just your card that will make your fps better or graphics better. its also your computer. it has to hold the memory. i learned the hard way. i had a gefore2 MX/ MX 400 and i bought a ati radeon 9800 pro and it didnt do a damn thing to my compuer. (graphics and fps wise) but it does do a bunch of other nifty stuff that i like ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
depends if your card can do that. its not just your card that will make your fps better or graphics better. its also your computer. it has to hold the memory. i learned the hard way. i had a gefore2 MX/ MX 400 and i bought a ati radeon 9800 pro and it didnt do a damn thing to my compuer. (graphics and fps wise) but it does do a bunch of other nifty stuff that i like ^_^
what games do you play? cause sure you wont notice **** if you play half-life... but get a game like farcry and try to play on your geforce 2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Overclocking is not a very smart thing to do. You can permanently damage your card if you do it as it causes more heat to be generated.

What overclocking does is make your hardware (with this, your graphics card) run at frequencies higher than the settings you bought from the store. It causes more heat to be made since it's running faster, and will lower the life of your hardware depending on how much you overclock it.

Older cards won't be able to overclock very well since they were made with much worse technology and the designers weren't fully aware that people were going to up their hardware. So they didn't put on fabulous cooling.

If you want a good card get a 9600XT or a 5900XT. If you want a fabulous card get a X800Pro/XT or a 6800GT/Ultra, they are the fastest cards released (or about to be released).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom